[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
?Sager?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: NP8657-S.jpg (149 KB, 767x658) Image search: [Google]
NP8657-S.jpg
149 KB, 767x658
Anyone have any experience with Sager laptops? I've got a budget of $1500 and was thinking of getting an NP8657-S with a G-Sync IPS monitor. I've have had trouble with warranty repairs from smaller companies on laptops before. Most online postings seem to be only about build quality and are all positive. The lack of posts about repairs I assume can only be a good thing.

It seems like a really great build compared to the MSI GE62 or Gigabyte P55W, the other laptops I was looking at.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
>>
What you're asking for is tech support. You must be new here so I'll explain: /g/ is not for tech support or your personal consumer review site. We have a separate board dedicated to tech support.

That board is >>>/wsr/

Now if you would kindly delete this thread and post it on /wsr/ I would be more than happy to help you.
>>
File: don't dare ask about tech.jpg (83 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
don't dare ask about tech.jpg
83 KB, 854x640
Thanks for your help. I'll take my tech questions to the other board. Sorry to take up valuable meme space.
>>
>>53404327
Only read the first but. Saeger is the top end, 1500 may be difficult to work with.
>>
>>53404327
Saeger is not a small manufacturer, you just don't see as many of them because they're like custom desktops.
>>
What's wrong with the gigabyte?
>>
>>53404652
>>53404669
Don't encourage him you niggers. You both ought to be whipped.
>>
>>53404327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcc9j_qBmlY
>>
>>53404688
you too
>>
>>53404688
The Gigabyte P55W has an average screen and an average trackpad from what I've read. It also has one big fan whereas the Sager has two fans for the GPU and one for the CPU. I think the Gigabyte also only has no AC band wifi, no 5ghz networks. And it's plastic, the sager is metal.
>>
>>53404652
$1500 gets an i7 6700hq, 970m, 16gb RAM, 250gb SSD, 1tb HD and a G-Sync screen.
>>
>>53404702
Nice, thanks
>>
Do NOT buy a gaming laptop now.
Wait for Pascal to come out.

I got my Asus G750 about 4 months before they rolled out and the GTX 900 series, which turned out to be over 50% faster than the 800 series.
If Pascal is going to get even remotely similar performance gain, then you'll be sorry that you bought your laptop now.
>>
>>53405077
I does seem like Pascal is coming soon. Do you think it would affect the price much?
>>
>>53405193

Well the older stuff either disappears from the market or goes through a big price drop, so yeah it does.
But you don't really want to buy the older tech, since it's very likely that the second or third best Pascal is more powerful than the current flagship model and also a lot cheaper, more efficient etc...

So I'd definitely wait for Pascal.
Also if it's anything like the GPU releases before, it's going to be found in laptops everywhere almost instantly.
>>
>>53405246
Thanks. I'm really itching to get one now, have been for a while. It might be a case selling what I get now and upgrading next year some time.
>>
>>53405246
And if I see a firm date for Pascal's release soon and it's not too long I'll probably wait.
>>
>>53404327
Owned a Sager NP9130 since 2012. It's been great so far. /g/ is too hiveminded to get viable advice about Sager and Clevos so try the Notebook Review forums.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.