[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last time i bought a "Gaming" mouse, it was worth shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: scimitar-hero.png (222 KB, 780x480) Image search: [Google]
scimitar-hero.png
222 KB, 780x480
Last time i bought a "Gaming" mouse, it was worth shit because they had not made any good drivers for linux, which made it impossible to use a computer in 10 minutes without being frustrated and stressed out af.
I would like to know your experience, stories and also let me know if you know good about the one on image.

Mad Cats MMO TE = trash
>>
File: IMG_20160207_215235.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_215235.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Ducky Secret here, no driver bullshit to deal with whatsoever.
It does mean you can only pick from set DPI steps though, and it's a bit heavier than some might like.
>>
>buying a mouse that needs drivers
>he didn't buy a Zowie mouse

lmaoing @ your life
>>
>>53403922
Fucking this
Zowie mice are the tits. Not only do they not look like gamer trash but they have a great sensor and no software attached. Literally best money I've ever spent
>>
Zowie, Steelseries, FinalMouse, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

There are no other mice.
>>
File: fk2-2b.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fk2-2b.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
seams like something i would fab it off to right now, brb
>>
HOLD THE FUCK UP!
This is my thread now bitch.
Best mouse for CSGO and FPS under 60 bucks? I want Steelseries 300 but I feel like you guys know that as a fraud or something.
>>
>>53403872
Damn nigga is that some bling bling on the side?
>>
File: mousedrop2.jpg (7 KB, 300x183) Image search: [Google]
mousedrop2.jpg
7 KB, 300x183
>>53404159
>>
>>53404187
yellow paint
>>
>>53404159
Zowie EC1-A

Only bad thing is that the scroll wheel lights up a different colour depending on your DPI setting, and my preferred setting just happens to be bright pink.
>>
>>53404258
You're manly enough to rock a bright pink scrollwheel though, right Anon?
>>
>>53404274
Yeah brah.

It's just that everything else on my desk has blue LEDs.

Good news is that my girlfriend is the only other person to ever see it.
>>
>>53404258
You like 800? Meh I like green for casual web browsing and red for csgo
>>
File: aaa.png (220 KB, 620x480) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
220 KB, 620x480
fuck all of you game faggots. i am buying this one
>>
is there a cheap mouse under 40$ that is
>wired
>has either two wheels or the wheel that has the left/right movement to scroll sideways
>is not for gaymen, i just need l/r/middle click and wheel as above
>good dpi
>works on leenooks
>>
>>53404414
oh and not microsoft brand
i'm on my second logitech m325 wireless and it's not too good
>>
>>53404371
I guess it's 800?
It was just the setting that felt closest to my old intellimouse.

How do you CSGO with red? You'd be going all over your mouse pad it's so slow.
>>
Microsoft MWO 1.1a
>>
>>53404430
I play at a high level and the game basically requires you to have a very low DPI in order to compete.
>>
>>53404430
he could just increase his ingame sense
>>
>>53404465
unless you're hiko
>>
>gaming
>linux

choose one
>>
>>53404398
I actually bought a Logitech m250(?). Trackballs r nice m8. Great for couch surfing
>>
>>53404509
Watch it anon lets not start any bloody fights
>>
>>53404509
good point, thanks
>>
>>53404608
cool, i would go with the track ball, i have tried at a friends house and it seamed like another more fun yet new experience to use.
>>
What's a good similarly shaped mouse to the Logitech G9x? I use a claw grip and it seems very few mice are designed around that. My G9x works fine for now, but I've heard the cable inevitably wears out.

I bought one of these as a gift for a friend once, I never tried it though since it was defective and was returned. Worth buying, or is there a better alternative out there?
>>
>>53404757
I know there's some CM Storm thing out there specifically designed for clawgrippers, I think it was the Spawn, and its successor was called the Xornet. Maybe give that a look.
>>
I've used the Rat MMO7 for a couple years and it was pretty much shit. It was comfortable and I really liked the button layout, but the scroll wheel died on me and it would randomly lose connection pretty often. I don't know how their new mice perform but I don't have high expectations.

I recently bought the scimitar as shown in OP and it's awesome. I hate mice that slap a cluster fuck grid of buttons onto the side so I was hesitant but the large mechanical buttons work nice. The tracking is noticeably smoother than any mouse I've previously used, and the macro/button software offers absurd amounts of functionality.

The odd thing is that my laptop doesn't detect the mouse if the usb is plugged in all the way, but it works fine on other comps so I guess that is just my pos toshiba being a pos.

I use these mice for 3D/CAD, so I can't comment on gaming.
>>
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 523x521
>>53404757
If you're happy with the mouse you have, mouse cables are really easy to replace
>>
>>53403872
I hear Roccat have decent Linux drivers, OP...
>>
>>53404757
g302 and g303 are supposed to be made for claw grippers
>>
>>53404608
You mean m570?
>>
I can't do without macro keys on my mice now. People who think they're only useful for gaming are retarded. Why would you want less functionality out of your mice?
>>
>>53403968
Quite happy with my G400 anon.

But you keep buying those overpriced expensive mice.
>>
>linux
>gaming mouse
Why?
>>
>>53404446
Not usable on win8 or above properly
not usable on linux properly.

IME and WMO are both dead and restricted to 125hz polling from here on out.

If you've got Win7 or below and are currently using one, enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>53407780
Yeah I'll see you in 10 years when my mouse finally breaks anon
>>
>>53404159
Fnatic flick actually looks pretty good honestly.
50 bucks I think?
>Logitech g303(new version)
I would recommend something like this>>53403919
But it's fucking expensive as shit. Seriously Ducky, why's your shit cost 2 twice as much as everyone else's?
>>
>>53407840
We can both complain at point about the lack of good mice.

>Implying my G400 will break either...
>>
Got my G400 yesterday. Works flawlessly.
>>
>>53407882
My Zowie Ec1-A was only 60 compared to a G400 which is about 40-50 depending on the site

Zowie really are good mice and they look great as well
>>
>>53403872
Don't use the Scimitar if you plan on using it for Linux. I bought one and the thing is so unresponsive even on Windows. Sometimes the drivers will shit out and just not work.
>>
>>53408052
I only paid AUD$34 for a my G400.
A Zowie on the other hand is ~$119.

Quite a price difference.

Sounds like you get overcharged for Logitech and I get overcharged for Zowie.
>>
>>53404398
I've used that for close to ten years now.

The only downside is no scroll wheel, so you may have to remap zoom or change weapon on many games, but all the trackballs with scroll wheels I've found feature thumb balls, which don't let you have as precise control.
>>
Logitech mouseman 3 button
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.