[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a router that can spoof its mac, and login to internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: download (1).jpg (1 MB, 1800x1198) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
1 MB, 1800x1198
Looking for a router that can spoof its mac, and login to internet based authentication webpages for internet access.
>>
its like /g/ is fake skids
>>
>>53401380
cool. good luck with that :^)
>>
.....uh ok haha o_O ..
>>
>>53401380
is that dahlia from suburgatory
>>
>he doesn't know about DNS proxy
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>53401380
>Looking for a router that can spoof its mac,
All of them

>and login to internet based authentication webpages for internet access.
How would the router access the internet in order to access the internet?
>>
>>53401540
by letting it select a hotel wifi, then login to the hotel wifis login page, then routing the traffic from the mac authentication of the router to nearby devices.
>>
>>53401567
>trying to solve a problem by making a hundret new ones instead

See >>53401532
/thread
>>
>>53401519
yes

she has a nice pussy
>>
>>53401633
you don't know about web authentication for hotels, you need a browser to get mac authentication on a device.

otherwise you have to call the tech support people and have them auth your routers mac.
>>
>>53401380
Pick one that can run openwrt, then write a shell script that does the login stuff.
>>
if you are talking about comcast you can just do this with ifconfig
>>
>>53401709
how are you going to make a shell script that lets you authenticate to a hotels cap page without firefox or chrome installed onto the routers firmware?
>>
File: 2015-10-05-08-28-39.jpg (85 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-05-08-28-39.jpg
85 KB, 500x417
>>53401675
>she has a nice...

o-okay
>>
>>53401703
DNS PROXY FOR FUCK'S SAKE

http://beta.ivc.no/wiki/index.php/DNS_Tunneling
>>
>>53401748
how are you going to make a dns proxy if you can't get internet access to the network without mac authentication?
>>
>sniff packets on the hotel WiFi channel
>spoof mac address of someone else
>???
>profit
>>
>>53401768
Read the fucking link, DNS still works you fucking retard. Why do you think you are routed to the authentication page in the first place?
>>
>>53401728
lrn2 curl faggot.
>>
>>53401803
wow its literally fucking nothing.

DNS TUNNELING IS SLOW

slow internet is fucking useless, I need fast internet between all devices through a spoofed mac address from my router.

To speed things up a bit, try:

Disable the loading of images
Disabling Javascript
Disabling Java
Installing AdBlock Plus + Filterset.G

I found this guide to optimize firefox for low bandwidth carriers.

then they recommend downloading some files, which I am sure reading the source would be something important to do before running it.

how fast is the internet?
>>
>>53401924
>DNS TUNNELING IS SLOW
Now shit faggot.

>slow internet is fucking useless, I need fast internet between all devices through a spoofed mac address from my router.
Don't use Hotel wifi you idiot.

Also, just do >>53401781

It's a lot easier than bringing your own Wifi AP around and causing radio interference with everything.
>>
>>53401781
I am using hotel as an example, but I am sure spoofing the mac address of lets say a neighbors router, and then trying to steal cable might be noticeable when it kicks everyone else offline.
>>
>>53402026
If your access point spoofs the mac or the device spoofs the mac, the result is the same idiot.

Also, ISPs don't use that kind of access regime. Usually, they do some PPP stuff.
>>
>>53402058
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2523182/security0/fbi-arrests-alleged-cable-modem-hacker.html
>>
>>53402110
Did you read my post?
>>
>>53402122
>>53402058
I am not trying to spoof someone else's mac, I am trying to gain legitimate access to the cap page through a built in browser from a router so I can get the devices mac address to authenticate to share internet between multiple devices.

spoofing my mac to someones authenticated mac is a good idea, not not exactly what I had in mind because of the questionable legality.

Also you can't sniff that information most likely the access point is setup to block discovered devices over the network.
>>
>>53402211
>using the word router when you mean access point
Shiggy diggy

Use a regular computer (or laptop) with two WNICs, for example an USB wifi adapter.
>>
>>53402251
I am already doing that, I have this chinese 360 mini router, but I just wanted to know if any routers have the ability to load a linux kernal and authenticate through a browser, fuck.
>>
>>53402266
>any router
A router doesn't mean any particular device, it's literally just a computer that forwards IP packets from one subnet to another.

There is a bunch of consumer end access point/dsl modem/router combos that can run Linux, but most of them have severely limited RAM (we're talking <1GB here) so there is little hope of actually running X and getting a graphical browser to run in it.

You're better off with just using an old computer as a dedicated router.
>>
File: hot3.png (19 KB, 85x76) Image search: [Google]
hot3.png
19 KB, 85x76
>>53401532
what is the best DNS proxy?
>>
just pay fucking money, retard
>>
>>53402314
I know the definition, a device marketed as a router typically doesn't have enough storage or ram to run an os, I am wondering if any marketed devices can do this other than a laptop which doesn't require modifications.

>are you autistic?
>>
>>53402339
pay money for what?
>>
>>53402364
legal internet access
>>
>>53402340
>a device marketed as a router typically doesn't have enough storage or ram to run an os, I am wondering if any marketed devices can do this
The first sentence answers your question.
>>
>>53402380
I am sure someone must sell a router that can run linux, otherwise I will have to turn an orange pi into a router and market it to people.
>>
>>53402375
what who here doesn't have legal internet access?
>>
>>53402443
>I will have to turn an orange pi into a router and market it to people.
please do
i love entrepreneurs like you

you know exactly where the money is
provide that service, you have the know how

ask for a loan, now
immediately
like right away, seriously
do it faggot

this is your niche and you are knowledgeable about it
>>
>>53402443
>I am sure someone must sell a router that can run linux,
They do, OpenWRT DDWRT etc ARE linux.

But they're NOT GNU/Linux with X.

Sure, you can get a router powerful enough to do so. But they're expensive. It's less expensive to just set up an old computer with two NICs and use that as an router.

>otherwise I will have to turn an orange pi into a router and market it to people.
Funny, I actually use my raspberry pi with USB wifi as my access point.

Also, stop saying router when you mean wireless AP. It's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>53401380
rasbpi linux with some dongles
or normal linux
or mikrotik
or pfsense
or windows ce
or windows

just not off the shelf routers like from... belkin or whatever. maybe with tomato or ddwrt or whatever, idk who still uses those
you'll need to learn some simple and basic things though so maybe outside of your capability. if not look up mac spoofing and routing and do it your damn self.
>>
>>53402443
>market it to people

you cant even articulate what YOU need how are you savvy enough to convince others of what THEY need?
>>
>>53402538
by telling them hackers use it, I did articulate what I needed pretty clearly.
>>
>>53402586
look up wifi pineapple

hackers use it

: DDD
>>
>>53402211
Dude the WAN port has ONE mac address, meaning all connected devices will have the same MAC as far as the ISP is concerned.

All you need to do is authenticate with a connected device and the router's MAC will be white-listed.
>>
>>53402608
yeah but even if I wanted to do that I'd still need to unfilter the cable line, which would require bolt cutters and a new splitter.
>>
>>53402643
?????
I'm talking about your router not the hotel's. Every connected device will report one MAC to the hotel's router. Authenticate with any one of them.
>>
File: 1453438659932.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1453438659932.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>>53402211
mikrtotik supports cap portal as does i think ubiquiti

if you need to do it custom tho seriously a pi is your best bet. would not cound on selling them though. can try it local, do that. dont spend a lot though. this has been done a lot. too much.

always worth a fresh look though. bets of luck anon
>>
>>53401380
>internet based authentication webpages
WTF ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE
>>
>>53402679
learning. trolling. turning 360 degrees and getting the fuck out.

one can hope
>>
>>53402679
cap pages for people who don't understand
>>
>>53402705
: ^) le uber smart
>>
"hotel" is codeword for isp
>>
I gotta go someone I follow is chaturbating

chaturbate[]com/aynmarie/
>>
>>53401380
dont you 404
>>
Wrt54g linkysys router with ddwrt on it literally gas a Mac spoofing option built in it. I use it in my school because you have to register your device Mac to be able to use Ethernet without login so I spoofed a lab computer Mac as my router.
>>
>>53402720
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>53401728
>Implying HTTP isn't just prettified text, and you can't simply read the pure text/source and find out what text to send back...
CURL for Unix/Msys (any router/ap/potato with ssh), Firefox Dev Tools for Windows and you're set.
>>
>>53401803
>one access point lets dns leak therefore they all do
>>
>>53404934
>Mac spoofing
MAC spoofing
Fixed.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.