[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /g/ents In the near future, I will start providing clou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: thall.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thall.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
sup /g/ents

In the near future, I will start providing cloud file storage. In a nutshell: open source, clientside encryption, ZKP, based in Switzerland, no browser access (because crypto in browser=doom, let alone js), etc. So basically, this is a big middle finger to MEGA which can access your data [1], to SpiderOak which is still proprietary and to Tresorit which is fully proprietary (see their websites and Wikipedia).

And most importantly, yes, I know my shit when it comes to crypto.

The only way to access the online storage will be the official application, but an API will be made available in the future for 3rd party clients to be a thing (if need be). For now, you can check out daily progress here: https://github.com/Serphentas/CryptoClient

Please let me know if you have any questions

[1] https://nzkoz.github.io/MegaPWN/
>>
>>53399054
THALL?
>>
>>53400206
thall is thall
vildhjarta
>>
How can we trust you?
>>
>>53399054
>cloud

Stopped reading there

Take your botnet and leave
>>
>>53400943
You don't need to trust me, except for a reliable access to your files (i.e. no data loss), because all the crypto is handled on your side.
>>
>>53400959
ding ding ding we found the elitist
call it online file storage if you want
>>
>>53399054
>an API will be made available in the future for 3rd party clients to be a thing
So you're betting you'll still be in business long enough for somebody to want to write a 3rd party client?
Take the money and run.
>>
>>53401908
idk maybe some guy may want to implement it in an existing app as a storage space, or else.
>>
>>53399054
How do you plan to financially sustain this?
>>
>>53402313
Hopefully I will get enough customers to start paying off my investment, but for the time being it runs on what I have on my account.
>>
>>53402370
>Hopefully I will get enough customers
You haven't talked about a planned pricing model at all. What are you going to be making off your customers?
>>
>>53402370
Cloud storage is dirt cheap and anyone serious about using it wants more than 5 repeating 9s of guaranteed availability.

You'll go broke before you can afford the infrastructure to support the customers you want to attract
>>
>>53400206
he is KRUG
>>
>>53402397
Probably a flat rate, with different plans like 1/2/4/8TB. I actually didn't get your last question.

>>53402448
I've already got all the infrastructure, now I need the application to let customers use it.
>>
>>53399054
Tell us what your project is going to be called so that we can track the progress long-term.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.