[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>coworker buys s7 edge >me: "why didn't you root
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1446030804579s.jpg (3 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1446030804579s.jpg
3 KB, 250x250
>coworker buys s7 edge
>me: "why didn't you root or unlock the bootloader and install an AOSP rom?"
>her: "meh, I don't care"
smfh
>>
>>53398732
Caring about smartphones is for niggers anyways. Whether you rice the shot out of it or not you are a complete retard if you pay more than $200 for a phone.
>>
There is literally no reason to root and install some shitty ROM because it's fine as it is.
>>
>>53398784
>fine as is
>touchwizz
>>
Yeah, guess what, people just don't fucking care.

Why should someone fuck with a fully functional phone?
I mean, it's ok to enjoy messing with it, but expecting others to care is just too autistic.

Btw she doesn't like you anyway, you fat fag.
>>
>>53398992
>Btw she doesn't like you anyway, you fat fag.
Almost trips, speaks the truth.
>>
>>53398992
we're on friendly terms regardless and she's been taken anyway
>>
>>53398732
>Ask her if she has nothing to hide
>She says no
>I ask her take her clothes off

She laughed it off but I meant it :(
>>
>>53398754
(you)
>>
>>53398732
lol, I've just checked xda, there ain't any s7 roms yet, still too early fella
>>
>asking a girl about rooting her phone

autism
>>
>>53398784
this

there used to be some good reasons to root. now there really is no point.
>>
>losing camera optimization
>losing battery optimization
>losing edges features
Sure, installing a rom on a s7 is truly the best idea for a normie
fucking retard
>>
>>53398992
There is actually quite a lot of reasons to "mess" with your phone. For starters AdAway which happens to be the only real android adblocker requires root. Quite a lot of quality apps do actually. And no, we are not talking about apps for "ricing".
You sound like complete tech illiterate though so no wonder you don't know about this. Why are you on this board anyway?
>>
>>53399164
this
>>
>>53399203
Not to mention that you have to trust a rom from a poo-in-loo on a device that contains your most personal information.
>>
>buy an expensive phone
>intentionally void the warranty and gimp the phone by installing a ROM made by a 12 year old currynog

ok
>>
>plebs still buy nonfree garbage that doesn't even respects a user's choice to run free software out of the gate without some form of root exploit.

jesus
>>
>>53399417
>intentionally void the warranty

not everyone is an ameridumb lad
>>
>>53398732
top tier autism
kill yourself
>>
>>53399164
she's a developer
>>
>>53399477
>women
>developers

lad....
>>
touchjizz isn't even that bad anymore
install a custom launcher and you're good
the only reason I'd ever root is if I had a piece of shit phone that I needed to squeeze performance out of
>>
>>53399421
i'm sick of /g/ memers trying to see who can be the biggest freetard faggot
>>
I'm just going to root mine and keep Touchwiz while removing bloat. I've had a bad experience with ricing a Samsung phone before so I'm not going to bother going that far this time.
>>
Depends on what provider you have. Verizon and AT&T use Samsung's KNOX to brick the device if it has been rooted.

I like having service where ever i go, whereas compared to T-Mobile (which i used to have), AT&T (had before and after they bought Cingular), and Sprint (lol who uses sprint), the service has always been lackluster. So I traded off non-root access for a faster phone and better wireless service.

I had my s4 rooted for 3 years and finally decided to upgrade and after doing the research, I stuck with Verizon for the main reason that I'm paying for a cell phone plan. It's quite simple, really. If i'm paying for a cell phone plan that gives me service wherever and i'm happy with it, I see no reason to root the phone to rice it out. And i really haven't had to, my note 5 is pretty fast and the touchwizz interface seems more customization friendly than the version that was on the s4.
>>
>>53399762
>>53399774
jej
>>
File: 1450331799190s.jpg (8 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1450331799190s.jpg
8 KB, 246x250
>>53398732
OP maximum euphoric autism
>>
>>53399774
knox doesn't brick the device, just voids the warranty which is useless after a year anyway
>>
Only reason to really root is for adblocking.
>>
>>53398984

What are people really doing on their phones? Fucking using it to call and message others or looking at the softwarea
>>
>>53398732
Yeah, there's really no reason to Root. I've had my phone rooted from day one and it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>53399290
>AdAway
literally the only reason to root
>>
>>53400239
enjoy your ads and un-uninstallable bloatware
>>
I wish I could root my phone.
Xposed looks like a fucking awesome utility
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.