[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
What went wrong?
>>
>>53395888
0 support no official PSP store
>>
>>53395902
Also the PSP had much better controls.
>>
>>53395888
Poor support. I actually liked the phone beyond that though. I've got an HTC One M8 now, and I'd almost rather have my Xperia back.
>>
File: Nokia_N-Gage.png (429 KB, 765x420) Image search: [Google]
Nokia_N-Gage.png
429 KB, 765x420
>>53395888
What went wrong?
>>
>>53395888
I had this phone. Maybe it was just a defective unit but there was a solid half second input lag for the controller for anything.
>>
>>53396100
Price. It was too expensive for a phone at the time when most people still had simple gsm phones.
>>
What nerds want is not what mainstream wants
>>
File: 1457123571220.jpg (8 KB, 193x182) Image search: [Google]
1457123571220.jpg
8 KB, 193x182
>>53396100
>>
Basically >>53395902 and >>53396072
Had one of these, eventually just went ahead and started playing with a gba emulator on it.
Wish I still had it, but my sister always breaks here phones and needs my old ones as replacements, needless to say she broke this one as well..
>>
>>53395888
>released to early
>hardware specs were weaker than necessary
>0 support after launch

It would do much better if released today even if it didn't have any official support after launch since we have the hardware technology to design a better phone to deliver the ideal experience to the user. Things like a large screen in non pixelated resolution, a CPU/GPU that can actually make a 3D game playable etc.

And smartphones are completely mainstream now and people have enough spending money to invest in a gimmick phone as well. I remember when it was released and the design didn't feel much like a premium phone considering the local price point at the time.
>>
>>53396196

Basically this. The dreams of <10,000 neckbeards isn't enough to warrant running up a fucking mass manufacturing process.
>>
Shit specs and battery life.
>>
File: 1454297566291.png (24 KB, 378x328) Image search: [Google]
1454297566291.png
24 KB, 378x328
>>53395888
I literally still use this phone. Battery life has gone to shit and sometimes the phone screen just goes off when I receive or make a call but I quite like it. The latter problem is probably something I could easily fix but I can't be bothered.
Was playing some DKC2, good shit desu

As for what actually did go wrong, poor hardware, mobile games not really being engaging enough to warrant a gamepad and the lack of a micro HDMI port
>>
>>53395888
No support. Low specs. Short battery life.
>>
>>53396100
>vertical screen
>you had to put out battery to change game
>low specs
>way more expensive than gameboy
>way less games than gameboy
>nokia
>>
>>53397269

It actually had more games than gameboy. Nokia at the time owned a large percentage of Sega. Nokia was also what Apple and Samsung are today.
>>
>>53395888

Shit games.

Too weak to even play any good non-XPlay games or emulate anything more recent the the SNES.

Uncomfortably thick and random reboots left unpatched for over a year.

Had it (luckily for cheap and only 1 year), regret it.
>>
File: IMG_20160309_143139[1].jpg (1 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_143139[1].jpg
1 MB, 5312x2988
Paid like $20 for mine and play Pokemon and SNES games and shit
p good
>>
They should make a revised version asap, with the current powerful hardware itd make a splendid emulation machine.
>>
>>53395888
>phone from 2011
>What went wrong?
Samsung galaxy s2 i guess
>>
>Sony will never release Xperia Vita with Android OS and PSVita card and "game" support

Sony should make a Vita + Xperia hybrid, it would sell much more than either brands separately.
>>
>>53395888
The name was too close to erection
>>
>mfw i bought the arc instead of the play when they first came out.

I regret nothing. that camera and form factor man. I also didn't have to face the prejudice of gaming in public looking like a sperg.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.