[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we're not focusing on touchscreen devices Yeah, totally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: wow.png (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
94 KB, 800x600
>we're not focusing on touchscreen devices

Yeah, totally not, GNOME. This is the latest Gedit, 3.18. Selecting text gives you this and an even more disgusting, touchscreen friendly button once you try to deselect it. You can drag and drop the handle below to tweak the selection.
How is this allowed?
>>
It would actually be nice to have a touchscreen-oriented DE. I want to run distros on tablets.
>>
>>53392362
>using GNOME
if you want a bloat-top environment, use KDE
>>
I had the same problem and was truly disgusted by Gnome as well.

I dont understand why big distros like Fedora and Kali even bother setting it as default environment. It is literally cancer and heavy on CPU and GPU.

This is why xfce will succeed.
>>
Why would you use the mouse for selecting text on an graphical application?
>>
>>53392851
XFCE is dead

all the cool kids have moved on to LXQt + XFWM / KWin
>>
>>53392867
found the gnome developer
>>
>>53392362
what are you talking about? you must've turned on some option
please dont lie on the internet
>>
>>
>>53392896
>>53392904

How did you turn it off? I looked in the preferences screen and nothing is there.
What's even worse is the fact that it's hard to select text with left clicking, since left clicking moves around the document now.
>>
>>53392362
You liar the touchscreen features only work when you use them with a touchscreen. My mom has a touchscreen laptop, normally selecting text wont do shit, but when you use the touchscreen to do it, your pic related happens
>>
>>53392362
Are you running in a VM, or on real hardware?
>>
>>53392362
> any year after 2011
> still using GNOME

Why would you use this shit-tier desktop environment developed by complete faggots who have no regard for their users or good design? It can't decide whether it wants to be Windows or Mac or Ubuntu or KDE or Android, yet manages to somehow take the worst features from all those things. They just remove features and when you log a bug they tell you that you don't actually want that feature or just close the bug with "No". Even Unity is better than gnome-shell and even Mark Cuckleworth is smart enough to see Unity was a failure. Notice RHEL ships with GNOME in fallback mode so it behaves more like GNOME 2, their paying customers won't put up with this shit. Linux Mint has been at the top of Distrowatch for YEARS because they listened when people said they didn't want GNOME 3.

MATE, Cinnamon, Xfce, LXQt, KDE, Openbox, i3, awesome, ratpoison, xmonad, Enlightenment and so many others exist which are all more usable than GNOME 3. Seriously why even bother.
>>
>>53392788
KDE Plasma. Follow Aaron Seigo on G+.
>>
>>53393752

That was in a VM, but I'm about to test it on actual hardware. Why would there be a difference?

>>53393736

I am pretty sure that my CRT screen doesn't have touch support.
>>
>>53393903

I used to use Gedit outside of GNOME. Plenty of people probably do.
>>
>>53392867
>why would you
I hope you don't write general purpose libraries.
>>
>>53393903
Personal preference
>>
>>53394067
fyi virtualbox emulates a touchscreen by default
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.