[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Botnet Chrome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Program Manager.png (73 KB, 940x620) Image search: [Google]
Program Manager.png
73 KB, 940x620
>there are people on /g/ right now unironically using the botnet itself
What's in that code? It barel got any features to brag about. It's slow, it's a resource hog, zero customisability..
>>
>>53392056
>2016
>having <8GB of RAM like a filthy 32-bit peasant
>using Windows
>>
>>53392056
>what's in that code?
it's open source, just check yourself you fucking retard
>>
File: Capture.png (4 KB, 477x62) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4 KB, 477x62
>>53392056
>only 270MB
>>
>>53392056
Security and features
>>
>>53392056
>What's in that code?
It just werks when other browsers don't and it's fast.
>>
>>53392056
Are you sure it isn't just because Chrom(ium) stores more data in the application directory that Firefox stores in the Profile?
>>
>>53392139
This guy has a point
>>
Meanwhile Opera is 120MiB and works wonders.

Trying it since 3-4 days just out of curiosity and I'm surprised how well it works.
>>
>>53392081
I have 32 actually

>>53392120
Hahaha

>>53392139
No. Chromium profile is in
C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Chromium\UserData\
>>
>>53392081
>most people use a 32-bit version of chrome without realising it
>>
I noticed that most hate comes about chrome is people who tried it on 10 years old PC
IE11 fits for ya people, it's fast, has good UI, isn't that what you want?
>>
>>53392229
[email protected], 32GB G.Skill Trident, 240GB Intel 530 SSD, 780ti
Nothing groundbreaking but should be enough for Chrome to run properly and it doesn't
>>
Have you ever considered that most people don't give a shit about privacy from a company that has done nothing but offer services for zero dollars and used the information on you to improve the service?
>>
>>53392263
And what problems you faced?
>>
>>53392280
Generally slow as in the whole system slows down while Chrome renders a page, usually one core maxes at 100% during page loading, so the speed argument is out. Customisation and built-in features are also a no-go. Yet the thing takes 3x the space of Firefox (both browsers are 64-bit versions).
>>
>>53392320
Weird, didn't experienced this stuff so can't comment, everything was fluent for me
It could be posible that they don't have optimization for newer cores or something
But I'm just guessing
>>
>>53392320
Tried checking out the task manager to see what is consuming the most CPU and RAM?

Firefox is technically faster than chrome in most aspects. However, it sucks at utilizing most cores since most stuff occur in a single thread. Electrolysis splits the UI and the backend though. Chrome runs each tab on their own process letting the OS assign CPU affinity to it. This makes chrome eat way more memory though since each process needs to load their own libraries and initialize their own variables giving chrome users a responsive UI (but not technically faster). This is the quick solution though. The correct solution is what Mozilla's Servo will be doing -- a multithreaded single-process browser. Expect a fast browser with minimum RAM bloat.
>>
>>53392434
WIll they just release a new browser or slowly implement it into Firefos?
And no activity whatsoever while in idle, 2-3% overall at most.
>>
>>53392263
Nothing associated with Chrome can run properly. The uninstaller doesn't even uninstall all of it
>>
>>53392208
>I have 32 actually

he fell for it guys
>>
>>53393007
>I can't break 8GB RAM usage if I try so nobody can
Nice meme
>>
>windoze

kill yourself
>>
>>53393007
>>53393070
>work for a huge ass multinational pharmaceutical corporation
>they use a 32bit systems in computers with 8gb of ram (x240) because they are cheap fucks

nothing matters, as long as windows keep doing a 32bit version, its cheaper, and the nose will smell that cheapness.
>>
>>53392953
>The uninstaller doesn't even uninstall all of it
Hahaha (:

>>53393007
I need it because I usually have 100+ tabs open

>>53393086
7, the one and only, the best desktop OS ever made (;
>>
>>53393093
Aren't Windows keys working on both x64 and x86 regardless of what it was purchased with/for?
>>
>>53393169
>100s of tabs
>needs 32GB RAM
I do that with 6GB RAM
>>
>>53393180
Good to you.
>>
>>53393178
no, and corporate licences are forced into the shittiest one, its not starter, but its a win 7 home basic with a fuck ton of group policies (takes 4 actual minutes to log on)
Oem works like that, and windows image with all the versions included. if not you are forced to the install version and cant activate if the key is for something else.

this is how dirt cheap people or corporations can be.
>inb4 finances dont know about computah.
>>
>>53393203
I didn't know that. My Ultimate key works on both x86 (which I was initially using at 7's release date) and x64 (using now).
>>
>>53393223
did you chose what system during install?
>starter
>home basic
>home premium
>enterprise
>ulitmate
or you just put the key after the install?
looks like forced images, both ultimate.
>>
>>53393169
>100+ Tabs
>Windows 7
>Best OS

You forgot to actually try anon.
>>
>>53392056
>complaining about botnet
>using windows
>>
>>53393288
>complaining about privacy
>using computer electronics
>>
>>53393315
>well there's a chance I'm being monitored so I'd better do everything I can to make sure I am
Wonderful logic.
>>
>>53393244
After install. Last time I used an Ultimate SP1 (only) image from digitalriver.
>>
>>53393348
>complain that life is shit
>living a shit carbon based life

Its no joke, those devices exist long ago, and there is allways someone finding a way, for free or being paid, or being enslaved, but someone is allways trying to figure out how to fuck others shit up.
>>
>>53393380
So you should bend over and spread your cheeks instead of at least putting your pants and maybe a belt back on?
>>
>>53393406
If you like to fall into dicks, why have the pants on?
If you really want to avoid all this, you have to rework everything you do, and everything you have.
its too much effort to avoid it, and most of the botnet its to just place a shit product and ads, so i dont give that much fucks...
>>
>>53393360
souds like a legit copy, those moded with all versions use to be hand made, like XP sp3.5 wich added the SATA hitachi drivers wich works as a generic one.
>>
>>53393465
So what you're saying is you bend over and spread your cheeks begging for more because you're lazy?
>>
>>53393497
>implying the one who bends its not a lazy fuck
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.