[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Youtube fan funding/support option
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Support.png (3 KB, 383x115) Image search: [Google]
Support.png
3 KB, 383x115
On some youtube channels, there's the option to support the channel with a donation button (Fan Funding). Pic is the button. Has anyone ever done this? I'd like to do this but I would like my personal details like name, address, financial details of my card or google wallet or other to remain private. When you support a channel like this, what does the channel owner see? Can you keep your details private without the channel knowing your personal financial stuff?
>>
why would you give money to fucking youtube retards?

that shit is even worse than turning off an ad blocker
>>
>>53388239
because I want to support them duh? i'm not talking about people with a million subscribers.
>>
anybody?
>>
>>53388211
Jewtoober here.

Don't do it. I have been told by networks and gotten several complaints myself about it from associates. They get less than what you actually pay into it. That exact amount is somewhat hard to define since it depends on what country the network is located in.

Trust me, if you really want to donate and support your beloved YouTuber, do Patreon. Patreon takes about 6 cents for every dollar you give, which is pretty fair.

Otherwise watching ads gives about .01 of $0.01 which is the average. And YouTube Red is about 0.0004% of the pot for YouTubers with about a mil subs. Anything less than that can consider YouTube Red worth garbage for their channel.

Either way, it's appreciative of either method coming from someone who puts a lot of the degenerative time into running their channel.

[spoiler]That's nice to see thanks[/spoiler]
>>
I would support Campster this way.
>>
>>53388211
>>53388808
The thing is, the support THOUGH YOUTUBE option is flawed in that it concedes to whatever tax system the country of the network is located in. So if that network is in Denmark with crazy ass taxes then you can expect to get next to nothing.

That's the positive thing about Patreon. That isn't a perfect system either but at least the payout depends on the country of the actual YouTuber instead of their network. That way the YouTuber has the responsibility of reporting any taxes rather than the network doing the accounting and taking a slice of the pie themselves.
>>
>>53388808
kthanks but that wasn't my question. And I'm not donating chump. I just want to know if my private details and financial info is visible to the channel after supporting, that's it.
>>
>>53388883
Patreon might have found a loophole but if you make too much and don't file for a US EIN then the IRS will withhold some of your moolah. This is outside the US, of course.
>>
>>53388904
It's probably just name/username and amount donated, you tinfoil faggot.
>>
>>53388904
Oh sorry.

It's all "safe" since it is managed by Google. Regarding the actual financial info that is. And I am pretty sure the YouTuber only can see it if he sets it up to where he is notified. Otherwise his network has to have a specialized dashboard on their web page that allows the YouTuber to see who donated. Overall it varies by network.

Networks hate this method, I have been told, for reasons like this.

But not even the Network sees the financial info, only Google. Good thing too since those guys can be a bunch of punks.
>>
>>53388932
well that's what I want to know if it is just that. has anybody ever done this?
>>
halp
>>
has nobody ever done this?
>>
I'm tired of the internet turning into an even _bigger_ way to whore out

it's absolutely disgusting
>>
>>53392578
k that has nothing to do with my question though.
>>
yeah I just gave $50 to pewpewpie xD
>>
>>53392865
Tough shit.
>>
>>53392916
for you.
>>
i gave a dollar to the finebros
>>
still waiting for a real answer
>>
>>53394024

You'll be here a while. Maybe long enough to learn a few things.

Just use fucking Patreon.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.