[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I start a new job tomorrow and I will have my own office with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Doom_cover_art.jpg (38 KB, 256x380) Image search: [Google]
Doom_cover_art.jpg
38 KB, 256x380
I start a new job tomorrow and I will have my own office with computer. If I installed Doom on the PC would the IT guys know?
>>
>>53387207
if that's where your priorities are i dont think it matters
>>
first day on a new job and youre already planning on fucking it up?

do you like being unemployed?
>>
>>53387207
you can play it online dont be a retard
>>
Geez guys just for a little entertainment during downtime don't be such downers.

>>53387282
Wouldn't that be easier to detect than if it was already on the system?
>>
>>53387331
Why not just bring your own laptop in that case, or get a Vita
>>
Depends on your company.

Mine 80% of people don't have admin rights.
>>
>>53387352
>>53387331
yeah bring an entertainment device, recommend not testing their computer use rules or enforcement thereof in your break-in period
>>
>>53387382
yes and even worse if people are caught circumventing or trying to defeat the privileges allowed
>>
>>53387207

>try to install doom

>"you need admin rights"

>go ask IT guys to authorize it

>"you want to install doom..on your work pc?"

>say yes, it's a great time waster to play between your heavy workloads

>"we will allow it, but you have to compete in our weekly Doom tourneys and if you get knocked out, you have to pay for the winners lunch. Also you have to refer to us as "Ye wise ones" and occasionally fill in for table top games if we have a missing player"

>ask yourself why you never came to work for this company sooner

go for it OP, if your IT guys aren't bros that place isn't worth working for.
>>
>>53387475
wow what land do you come from and does cinderella also work there
>>
>>53387475
I'm not sure why you'd need admin rights. Just bring a USB stick with portable Dosbox on it, and you're good to go.
>>
>>53387406
ugh, it keeps happening.

>new girl
>I want firefox, not IE
>I can understand that, but if you want the IT overlords to grant that then you need to give them a reason
>clicks an firefox link, it does a silent install
>she shows me
>I no longer give a fuck
>>
>>53387229
Topkek
>>
File: 1445590733989.png (179 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1445590733989.png
179 KB, 500x358
>>53387531
have you started drinking yet?
>>
>>53387207
>install
nigger run it off a flash drive with gzdoom and ZDL
>>
File: 1424380444295.png (137 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1424380444295.png
137 KB, 466x492
>>53387518
>doom
>dosbox
>2016
>>
Just put Zandronum or whatever on a USB.
>>
Depends on your company, this is how it would work with the Wyndham if you were to circumvent needing admin rights.

>All company computers are connected to the company intranet
>Unauthorized program is flagged in system
>Some weenie in IT shuts off internet access to that computer
>Have to do the call of shame to corporate IT to have access restored
>>
>>53387570
I am due for a bender

another one I guess
>work at a fortune 500 company
>surfing the web using IE since non of our shit works cross browser and I forget to change over.
>Oh shit IE indicates a compromised site
>normally don't care, but if IE caught it...
>do a full virus scan
>flags our custom app
>this app is on every workstation
>I am the first person to do a full scan of a workstation of a company
>call it in to the help desk
>die a little inside
>>
>>53387207
Depends on how things are setup.

So not really unless the environment has been configured for monitoring.

DESU I'd probably monitor new software installs, but it'd be pretty low priority so I wouldn't care.
>>
You don't install doom, you can run it off a USB. I used to play GBA emulators on my works PC all the time.
>>
>>53387639
>run it off a flash drive with gzdoom and ZDL

100% this, easy peasy lemon squeezy
>>
>>53387207
Buy a raspberry pi
>>
>>53387475

>try to install doom

>"you need admin rights"

>go ask IT guys to authorize it

>"you want to install doom..on your work pc?"

>say yes, it's a great time waster to play between your heavy workloads

>they say you can't do that and leave

>you realise there is a continental-sized divide between how you expect life to pan out and how it actually pans out
>>
>>53387722
>doesn't know about portable apps
>is on /g/
literally fucking how
>>
>>53387722
lmao

ok i'll share a misuse story.

>l1 tech qt3.14 gets caught torrenting (wtf)
>usually they get local admin cause they gotta be flexible
>manager decides to install the essentials and lock it down anyways
>im dating the l1 tech and im a superior of her manager (lol)
>email manager, l1 tech needs virualbox for testing server configs pls
>show transmission to l1
>"what are all these connections l1?!"
>p2p updates for x distro
>"ok carry on"

im an unfair person
>>
>>53387207
I'm the IT guy for a private school district and half the time I just play Doom on my PC unless there's major code red tickets, and then fix the rest of the shit when everybody leaves so I don't have to deal with people. I don't delete games from school PCs, and if a kid is exploiting things like changing the local admin's password on the specific PC he's using, I warn the student and say I have to report him to the administration if I catch him doing it in person and he'll get banned, so just quit it. Not sure how your IT guys would feel about it.
>>
in my company i sit in same open space as it guys and we play doom together so...
>>
>>53387207
>grab source port
>put on thumb drive
>no installation and no need for admin rights
wow, you people are all completely fucking retarded. its the same shit you could do with emulators, duke nukem, or even anything really. i played quake 3 and blood through dosbox on my work pcs which used that godawful windows 7 admin privileges garbage

i dont think you understand that unless the game itself requires something not already installed, like for example vcrun2012 or something else the program is completely portable and you can just copy the puppy over to a thumbdrive and it would work
>>
>sudo site software inventory
>mfw doom
>mfw people store anime on department drives
>mfw can't acknowledge any of it
IT is suffering
>>
>>53387475
IT guys technically aren't people. If you work on computers and aren't a programmer, it's really over for you.
>>
>>53387979

Die
>>
>>53387475
Great, so you work with a bunch of manchildren. Fucking grow up you absolute loser.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.