[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind GPU do you think the government uses to render satellite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: DSCS_SatInSpaceLockheedMartin.jpg (11 KB, 398x315) Image search: [Google]
DSCS_SatInSpaceLockheedMartin.jpg
11 KB, 398x315
What kind GPU do you think the government uses to render satellite imaging of the planet earth?
>>
>>53386651
integrated intel graphics
>>
>>53386670
must be using quantum iig
>>
>>53386651
custom built shit
>>
>>53386651

given that many satalites have PS2 tier GPU's going to mars

I can't imagine its any better with governments
but then again its just a guess.

I think its more guess work as any imaging satalites don't need much power to get a nice image.
IMO
>>
>>53386651
Tesla cards or more advanced
>>
cpu rendering
>>
>>53386716
>>53386670

Intel shills detected
>>
>>53386651
its probably software rendering
have you seen how laggy these footages are?
>>
>>53386730
that's not government grade imaging. The actual ones we don't get to see or have access to have direct control and see in realtime.
>>
>>53386651
I doubt any of them have GPU. Too much current. They process the data on the surface.
>>
>>53387654
This.
It's a lot easier to send it down from both a practical sense, as well as a future-proofing sense.

It's a lot easier to upgrade a computer on land than to get a community college IT degree monkey into space to upgrade it in service.
>>
>>53386651
>What kind GPU do you think the government uses to render satellite imaging of the planet earth?
>render satellite imaging of the planet earth?
>render

Did any of you faggots read the question? Satellites do not "render" images, they photograph them.

Unless you're a conspiritard who thinks the Earth is flat and all the space photos are fake.
>>
>>53388242
Anon, good catch. I thought rendered was kind of a typo or misunderstanding. Now I see you are right. I've verified that the earth is not flat for myself with images I took from space. No GPU necessary. No conspiracy here, but there are still plenty of conspiracies ocurring right now.
>>
>the government
>>
>>53386651
probably racks full of teslas/quadros, what else? all the other big players in the cost no object market are dead

>>53386707
>PS2 tier
you wish, I doubt most of them even have GPUs, they're unnecessary.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.