[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid Questions General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1445821750178 (1).jpg (548 KB, 1200x1561) Image search: [Google]
1445821750178 (1).jpg
548 KB, 1200x1561
Stupid Questions Thread, because I can't find an active one right now.

I have a password on my computer (Win 7). If I lock it, it needs it, if I sleep it, it doesn't. Is there a way to make it need a password out of sleep mode?

And speaking of sleep mode, I have a question about my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running Android, and I have it set to do a "dream mode" or whatever they call the screen saver while it charges to prevent screen burn. When I use it as a media thing it my car, I plug in a charger to keep the screen lit, but after turning that on it goes to the screensaver and locks after a minute or so. Is there a way to make it stay on if an audio jack is on or some exception to make it stay on?
>>
Does anybody know of a free alternative to SketchUp? I just want a good program that I could draw in that has plenty of features and runs well
>>
My colored underwear smells like musty mildew at the end of the day, yet my white underwear smells fine at the end of the day... Why?
>>
What's a good RAM disk software for Windows?
>>
Is there any risk in the process of shipping PC parts (cpu, gpu) to long distances? How proper are the packages cargo companies use?
>>
>>53385922
>touchwizz
>>
Why the fuck does virtualbox default to dynamically allocated hard drives they're so slow jesus christ fuck you oracle/sun/whoever was responsible for that decision
>>
>>53385997
Not a notable amount. They were already shipped to whatever store you'd buy them from anyway.
>>
File: 4.jpg (65 KB, 408x435) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
65 KB, 408x435
>>53385922
here buddy
>>
>>53385922

On your phone:
> Settings
> Scroll all the way down
> About
Tap 'build number' seven times
> back to settings
> Scroll all the way down
> Developer options
> Keep screen on when charging
>>
Any decent scanner software?
Windows default is somewhat... lacking?
>>
Why is Jun Togawa on the front page?
>>
>>53387809
VueScan/ Whatever came with your printer, if your looking for something that can identify text, thats usually gonna be paid software though off the top my head I think foxit had something like that, not sure if they still have it though or if I am remembering.
>>
Is there any way to bypass an existing Apple ID activation screen when setting up an iphone?
>>
>>53387912
>VueScan
Huh, this is pretty neat. Thanks!

I'd use whatever came with my printer but it's HP so it adds a crapton of junk I don't want/need.

I'll look into foxit as well, but this is a solid starting point
>>
>there's already a /sqt/
>I can't find an active one right now
>call Stupid Question General instead of Stupid Question Thread
>don't add sqt so people can find it easily and faster on the catalog
>ask a quesiton in OP post
>have to bump the thread >>53387257

Op, you're a faggot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.