[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would building a raspberry pi emulator machine inside an old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg (4 MB, 5472x2840) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg
4 MB, 5472x2840
Would building a raspberry pi emulator machine inside an old snes case be feasible for a guy who's only accomplishment with computer hardware is building a desktop pc and who only knows how to copy/paste as far as coding is concerned?
>>
How good are you with a Dremel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfoF5Zx8BL0
>>
>>53383923
I'll take what is Google/YouTube guides for 500
>>
This should not be a problem for you.
>>
>>53383923
Why would you do that?

Are you gonna post it on /r/gaming and go "look at what I did, us retro gamers amirite guys"?
>>
>>53383923
Trivial. This is honestly the easiest project you could do, provided you have the pi, controllers, snes case, dremel and hot glue gun.
>>
>>53383923
go for it OP everyone is unskilled until they learn
>>
>>53384856
Just thought it'd make a good gift for this little autistic kid I know that's getting into retro games
>>
>>53384953
>gift for this little autistic kid I know that's getting into retro games
I didn't know /v/ did a gift exchange
>>
>>53384890
Yeah just opening up a snes and putting one in seems really easy. I saw some guy on YouTube that wired the led, power and reset buttons on the actual snes to the raspberry pi. Now I kinda feel compelled to do it since I know it's possible, but none of the vids provided links to tutorials or anything and the video were all just showing the final product
>>
Holy fuck, don't ruin an SNES. For fuck's sake...
>>
>>53384953
That's sad, nobody gives themselves gifts.
>>
>>53384953
Do you know what would make a good gift for that kid? A god damn Super Nintendo, that's what. But that wouldn't get you enough karma would it? You whore.
>>
>>53385224
I'd rather not have to pay an arm and a leg for games. Have you seen how overpriced non-shovelware snes games are these days?
>>
>>53385277
Buy a $50 flash cart if you want hundreds of gaymes.

You would be better off to get a handful and then give them to the kid. Too many choices means he'll never play any of them for a length of time to really enjoy them.
>>
>>53383923
You're already more qualified than 99% of neo /g/ so go ahead
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.