[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are programmers the lowest tier in software development business?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Why are programmers the lowest tier in software development business?
>>
Because they're all worthless sacks of cheetos and self loathing
>>
Most of them only learn Java, or web development.
>>
>>53382825
"Get yourself an engineer,
Feed him pizza
Buy him beer"
Coders have no ambition and hate being out of their comfort zone.
Also, supply exceeds demand.
>>
>>53382825

fug that looks like a comfy job, I"m too dumb that's why I work in a service desk.
>>
>>53384096
What? Here in Belgium there's supposed to be 50.000 ICT jobs waiting to be filled, with demand outrunning supply every year. Get your facts straight.
>>
>>53382825
I got a question, is software development considered under the umbrella of "IT"? I've been a "Software Engineer" for over 4 years and didn't consider our group at all IT, but head hunters contacting me sometimes refer to coding/development/whatever as being IT

I mean, in my mind, IT is helpdesk, network management, maybe web crap, definitely database crap, but not someone who makes actual products and not just maintaining systems that pass information around
>>
>>53384167
Its not IT at all. OP is wrong.
>>
>>53384167
Do you fuck about with computers that isn't dropping them, using the CD tray as a cup holder or solely using them for email, facebook and club penguin? Yeah coders are part of IT
>>
>>53384167
>>
>>53384167
"Actual products" is helpdesk, network management, web crap and definitely database crap
>>
>>53384167

In the broadest sense, yes, as they are "information technology" workers. But the definition has been fluid, and depends on who's talking about it.

If your software devs support in-house software or software that is intended for IT workers, then they would.

If you're trying to separate development from support e.g. hardware/software troubleshooting because you have clear lines, or some sort of infrastructure support vs. product development, then maybe not.

I think it's more about devs being butthurt getting lumped into the group with support/consultant roles.
>>
>>53384151
>but it's like THIS in my irrelevant country!

Key word is irrelevant
>>
>>53384151
>Here in Belgium there's supposed to be 50.000 ICT jobs waiting to be filled
Your non-country is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>53384327
>>53384271

Replace "Belgium" with "Europe" then and "50.000" with "700.000" and it's the same argument.
>>
>>53384271
>>53384327
Like it or not, Belgium is the last country that America would want to fuck with, because you know, it's literally the capital of Europe and the EU.
>>
File: 1339806985773.png (90 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
1339806985773.png
90 KB, 1024x776
>>53382825
why hurr durr tier in hurr durr?

stop baiting faggot, just because your brain is limited and you are unemployed sack of fat.
>>
So I just arrived into europe and I'm looking for a fucking job and everything seems just outside of my skill level because I haven't used autistic tool number #3457 even though I'm actually an engineer. Yes I put like 6 months into Unity3D and baby C# but what can I do.

>>53384151
Hell I will even move to Belgium, what other kind of jobs in software can I look for that involves little programming, I really feel like avoiding this for now
>>
>>53382825
What else is there in the sofwtare dev business?

> inb4 project managers or dedigners
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.