[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have icecat with LibreJS installed >visit http://cras
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: logo-medium.png (13 KB, 262x119) Image search: [Google]
logo-medium.png
13 KB, 262x119
>have icecat with LibreJS installed
>visit http://crashfirefox.com
>assume that LibreJS will block any harmful javascript on the page
>crash
>open view-source:http://crashfirefox.com
>LibreJS blocks Google analytics
>allows:
<script data-librejs="accepted" data-librejs-reason="This script is trivial">
location = "data:text/html,<script>location+=location+'A'.repeat(100000000);<\/script>";
</script>

Why is LibreJS such a piece of shit?
>>
It's supposed to block nonfree scripts. This script IS trivial, so it doesn't need to be blocked.
>>
It just blocks useful things, it doesn't protect your browser or anything.
OP is a fag and didn't do his homework
>>
That script is kinda hard to detect as harmful because it goes allowed functions and is first party.
The only way would be to do a lot of checks on all JS presented to the engine which would only slow it down.
>>
The idea of librejs is fundamentally flawed, but that's hardly its fault. It tries to stick to Javascript's design as close as it can, and that means running every (free/trivial) script as soon as it's downloaded without question nor notification.

It should instead pop up a box asking if you'd like to run this script, telling you the license, source and size of the script, and only then running any script.

Right now you're better off disabling javascript altogether and using a whitelist.
>>
>>53382418
Why this index.html have 3911540 bytes?
>>
>>53382418
>caring about js
>>
>>53383573
Because it have 3911540 characters.
>>
It crashed my nano.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 291x173
Can anyone tell me an easy way to install IceCat (i run gNewSense). Im happy with IceWeasel, but its not updated so i would really like to know if there is an easy way to install IceCat ( i tried the .gz file and terminal and my mind was full of fuck.)
>>
>>53383681
I'm dual booting Trisquel and Parabola, both had it in they're package managers.
>>
File: source.png (8 KB, 1327x636) Image search: [Google]
source.png
8 KB, 1327x636
>>53383573
Right click and view source. It looks like pic related.
>>
>>53382418
OP is given waterproof jacket.
Exposes self to machine gun. Complains jacket isn't bulletproof.
>>
>>53383773
>going into a botnet infested warzone with a waterproof jacket
>>
Kek, it works on mobile Firefox too
>>
>>53383713

Yeah, thanks, and good choice of distros. I got the .tar.bz2 file from the gNewSense repository. Made a folder called IceCat and extracted to there, but am confuse after that.
>>
>>53384330
Read the read me? Usually you issue a
./configure
make
make install
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.