[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want a mp3 player that has microSD card capabilities and good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: cRQx9.jpg (65 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cRQx9.jpg
65 KB, 800x800
I want a mp3 player that has microSD card capabilities and good sound quality but is also cheap. Blue tooth would be nice but isn't as much as a requirement.

I've been browsing amazon at some of the ones that are like 30~usd but I thought I'd come here to see if anyone had some recommendations for some really great ones. (Doesn't have to be 30~usd)
>>
clip+

there's also a chink one being recommended a lot in /csg/, dunno the name
>>
>>53379193
>clip+
yep
>>
I'm legitimately curious as to why you wouldn't just use your phone?
>>
>>53379322
Probably because his flagship memephone doesn't have a microSD slot and the battery life sucks
>>
>>53379322
not him but shit battery compared to a dedicated player, bulkier and no crossfeed or parametric equalizers
>>
>>53379193
Raizu X02
>>
>>53379193
FiiO X1 or FiiO M3. Sansa Clip.
>>
>>53379381
>bulkier
Yeah, much less bulky to carry 2 devices right?
>>
>>53379837
>one device the size of your hand
>the other a quarter of it
Dont see the issue, you sperg
>>
>>53379381
also hardware buttons
>>
>>53379864
How is it less bulky to carry a phone AND a music player vs. just the phone? Unless you're saying you plan on ditching the phone and all of it's features entirely for a chink-ass music player.
>>
>>53379906
>what are pockets?
>>
Nokia 222
>>
>>53379322
Finally respond to thread. I don't even own a real phone (I'm poor). I would want an mp3 player anyways for exercise (running / biking) and also not draining my phones battery life while I'm out. Say I bike some where for a couple hours I don't have to use my phone then I have plenty phone battery left over. Those the main reasons.
>>
Many smartphones from ~5 years ago have those features and shouldn't be very expensive. And it would double as a backup phone.
>>
>>53379263
>>53379193
Is the clip+ really taht good compared to some of the cheap ass ones I see on amazon? It seems to be about the same size / weight (slightly bigger than some of them actually (width wise) but about 50$ more
>>
>>53380076
>Is the clip+ really taht good compared to some of the cheap ass ones I see on amazon?
It's pretty average, however it gets fucking awesome and gets a lot of features when Rockboxed.
>>
>>53380104
What is Rockboxed, I'm an idiot.
>>
What kind of shit phones do you people own with such shit battery life? Turn off wi-fi, bluetooth, screen brightness down etc. and any phone made in the last 10 fucking years shouldn't have a problem. Seriously what the fuck do you people do with your phones?
>>
>>53380107
new firmware
adds a lot of features and speeds up the navigation
>>
>>53380115
I don't want to have my headphones dangling off my phone every time I use it nor do I want to pull my phone out of my pocket to change the music. Hell most of the time my headphones are run through my shirt so I couldn't hold my phone up at a comfortable level with unplugging them.
>>
>>53380107
Custom firmware to replace the stock one, it's themeable and whatnot.

You can still use the stock one if you have rockbox installed by holding the left button when turning on the device though.
>>
File: 1457391256767.jpg (391 KB, 672x1310) Image search: [Google]
1457391256767.jpg
391 KB, 672x1310
I've owned a few Sansa Clips, a Creative Zen, a Zune, and a Sansa Fuze v2.

By far the Sansa Fuze has exceeded them all in terms of usability, functionality durability, and modability. IMO.
>>
>>53380115
>have to change a song
>take phone out
>wake
>touch the screen
>song changes
>feel empty inside
>>
>>53380137
You don't want to have to pull your phone out every time you want to change songs but you don't mind pulling an external player out? And headphones are pretty long, I wear mine through my shirt and literally never had a problem. Not even trying to convince you otherwise, go for an external if you want, I just never understand the complaints in these threads
>>
>>53380170
>Get headphones with buttons
Problem fucking solved
>>
>>53380174
>don't mind pulling an external player out?
which is like 1/3 the size and has hardware buttons so you don't even need to pull it out
>>
why would you want to carry around more than one device when your phone does the same thing? are people stpuid
>>
>>53380174
>but you don't mind pulling an external player out?
clip+ clipped onto my pocket
>And headphones are pretty long
I don't what the average cord length is but the IEMs I use (hifiman re-400s) aren't long enough to pull my phone up past my stomach without lifting up my shirt, I'm also 6'3" so that might make things worse

it's just more comfortable to me
>>
>>53380151
Just to add, Clips are also great but they aren't that durable desu. They last about a year.

If you use a Sansa player you have to rockbox it, otherwise it will update the database all the fucking time without asking you which locks up the device for ~5 minutes.
>>
>>53380187
So your arms are to weak to pick up the extra 30g of phone weight? Or is it that your pockets are stretched so fucking tight over your legs that the 2mm of thickness the phone has makes it literally impossible to extract? Or are your hands like 5 inches long so you can't hold the phone without dropping it?
>>
>>53380233
it's cute how you keep trying to make this about inability to do something when it's about preference
>>
>>53380233
holy shit your bait wasn't subtle at all
>>
Master race coming through:

I use my phone for everyday listening. Top 50 albums plus podcast manager on there. It's great for most of the time when I'm just going out for less than an hour.

Otherwise, I bring my 4th gen iPod with the 64gb SD card mod. Battery lasts forever and I haven't even filled it up half way.

I can understand the "don't wanna use muh phone to listen to music" argument, but let me just say this: if my phone could hold 64gb of music, ID never use my iPod again.. Carrying 2 devices is a pain, and all of the complaints people have about phones (battery life, no dedicated buttons) are dumb. Get xposed, now your volume buttons double as song switchers. And music playing should have a negligible impact on your battery. The pros far outweigh whatever pedantic cons you have though:

Don't have to carry two devices
Can hear phone calls/notifications
Always have it on you
>>
>>53380338
>Get xposed, now your volume buttons double as song switchers
Which module? i know this was default in CM.
>>
It's funny / strange to watch how many of you dooders get mad over not just using a phone instead.

I don't even own a phone.
>>
>>53380569
you're like a piteous child getting upset over people doing something of little consequence in a manner different from yourself
cry more
>>
>>53380170
My phone has an option for changing the song with a long press of the volume rocker.
>>
>>53380578
what if im not a closed minded internet troll that doesn't rage at other people for not doing things the same way as them?

also your post is ironic, unless you were one of them, which explains why you responded in the first place.
>>
>>53379917
Dense af
>>
>>53380635
>what if im not a closed minded internet troll that doesn't rage at other people for not doing things the same way as them?
that's exactly what you've been doing
you came in here to start shit and you're still trying
it was only three posts in that your retardation began
nobody raged and gave simple answers
you're just shitposting ineffectually so I won't reply anymore
>>
>>53379167
Just use your phone, hipster.
>>
>mp3 player

that's some victorian era tech m8
>>
>mp3 player

How quaint.

that's like asking what dedicated jpeg viewer I should get
>>
>>53380736
>>53380754
Ok I have a question does everyone use their phone when exercising?

I skateboard / run and I don't want to have my phone on my while doing so. :^(
>>
>>53380784
>responding to ancient shitposting

it's like you've never seen one of these threads
>>
>>53380815
i actually dont come to this board so ye my bad
>>
>>53380866
well now you know
and knowing won't help you install gentoo
>>
>>53379167
I use my brother's old S3. I bought it a new battery, flashed a custom ROM without GAPPS and mainly use it for watching movies in bed and as a portable music player with 128GB microsd slot.

Buying the latest flagship is outright retarded where older phones work for 1/6th of the price. You dont need more than 2Gb on a phone, some would even say 1Gb is enough. And any phone with onboard storage with no external memory options is literally the definition of a cuck phone.
>>
>use phone as audio listening device
>get a call or a text
>loud as fuck and interrupts my music
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>53382817
>And any phone with onboard storage with no external memory options is literally the definition of a cuck phone.
what if i don't need more storage

I can fit 2000 songs in 9gb because of based Opus.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.