[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find the vulnerability /g/! If correct, when CryptoAPI.sha1.hash(x)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1453696760964.jpg (295 KB, 1339x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453696760964.jpg
295 KB, 1339x1024
Find the vulnerability /g/!

If correct, when CryptoAPI.sha1.hash(x) is called, you should be able to run arbitrary code on the machine you're attacking. Assume that x is a value controlled by the attacker.

var CryptoAPI = (function() {
var encoding = {
a2b: function(a) { },
b2a: function(b) { }
};

var API = {
sha1: {
name: 'sha1',
identifier: '2b0e03021a',
size: 20,
block: 64,
hash: function(s) {
var len = (s += '\x80').length,
blocks = len >> 6,
chunk = len & 63,
res = "",
i = 0,
j = 0,
H = [0x67452301, 0xEFCDAB89, 0x98BADCFE, 0x10325476, 0xC3D2E1F0],
w = [];

while (chunk++ != 56) {
s += "\x00";
if (chunk == 64) {
blocks++;
chunk = 0;
}
}

for (s += "\x00\x00\x00\x00", chunk = 3, len = 8 * (len - 1); chunk >= 0; chunk--) {
s += encoding.b2a(len >> (8 * chunk) & 255);
}

for (i = 0; i < s.length; i++) {
j = (j << 8) + encoding.a2b(s[i]);
if ((i & 3) == 3) {
w[(i >> 2) & 15] = j;
j = 0;
}
if ((i & 63) == 63) CryptoAPI.sha1._round(H, w);
}

for (i = 0; i < H.length; i++)
for (j = 3; j >= 0; j--)
res += encoding.b2a(H[i] >> (8 * j) & 255);
return res;
}, // End "hash"
_round: function(H, w) { }
} // End "sha1"
}; // End "API"

return API; // End body of anonymous function
})(); // End "CryptoAPI"
>>
>>53377344
>JS
all of it
>>
>>53377585
>>
>>53377972
>>
>>53377585
/thread
>>
>>53378495
.thread
>>
>>53377344
shove your homework up your ass faggot
>>
>>53379418
Do it pls
>>
>>53379768
No
>>
>>53377344
Wouldn't you need to attack the JS sandbox? Or am I misunderstanding the parameters of the problem?
>>
>>53380520
JS Sandbox? Do you mean changing values of the JS 'classes' like Object/Number? Cause you CAN do that and make it work, but for this part I think all you need to do is set var x to a certain value to achieve the result.
>>
Find memory locations and then do bit shifts
Only know how to do it in c with gdb, have fun
>>
>>53380550
You misunderstood me. Here's my problem:

Say you're running this JavaScript code in the browser. By definition of “run arbitrary code on the machine you're attacking”, I assume this means I would be capable of running my shell code with the same privileges as the browser process itself.

But the browser presents no in-JavaScript API to break out of the isolated JavaScript VM. So how exactly are you supposed to run arbitrary code from within JavaScript without first finding a bug in the JavaScript sandbox/implementation itself?

I don't get it.
>>
>>53377344
is x entirely controlled by the attacker, or is it only just a string?

if entirely controlled:
var x = {
toString: function () {
//arbitrary code
}
}
CryptoAPI.sha1.hash(x)
>>
>>53380598
Or do you mean I should just be able to run arbitrary JavaScript code?
>>
>>53380598
Yeah, I'm sure they just mean some XSS to run arbitrary JS
>>
>>53377344
Am I stupid or where are a2b, b2a and _round defined?
>>
>>53380613
Wow it works
Do you mind explaining why that works, where's the vulnerability that lets you do that?
>>
>>53380653
I don't even write JS and I get why this works - what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>53380653
>Do you mind explaining why that works
Because adding an object to a string compiles to (x.toString() + string). But isn't that cheating?

I would assume ‘x’ has to be an arbitrary string

Also, do we have to assume a fully spec-conformant JavaScript interpreter with no bugs?
>>
>>53380704
>But isn't that cheating?
Yeah, that's why I said
>is x entirely controlled by the attacker, or is it only just a string?
Because I'm basically cheating unless I can trick whatever takes input to take an object
>>
>>53380704
Well supposedly you can get it to work with x as a string, but I dunno how you'd do that

It does feel like cheating a little bit
>>
>>53377344
If x is a string with no modifications to its functions or prototype and we assume
encoding.b2a
encoding.a2b
CryptoAPI.sha1._round
String.prototype.length
are all secure, then there is no vulnerabilities (no function calls, evals, new Functions, or es6 getters/setters)

You might be able to trick the sha1 to return a bad hash, but you can't run arbitrary code
>>
>>53380934
You're allowed to make changes to its prototype
>>
>>53380974
Then I can already run arbitrary code in the same space as the CryptoAPI.
>>
>>53377344
If I run this function for any input it returns undefined. Is this code broken?
>>
>>53381696
No you jsut have to load the right libraries. But it shouldn't matter for exploitation purposes anyway
>>
>>53381039
Sure, but I don't think that's the point, you're just trying to fuck around with JS enough so that you load your own code through that script's function
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.