[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: Leslie-Nielsen_580.jpg (101 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
Leslie-Nielsen_580.jpg
101 KB, 580x300
>Macs don't suck you just don't know how to use it
>FLAC is really fucking pointless
>Windows 8 and 10 are shit essentially and never should of happened
>Almost all Linux OS' are fucking useless
>>
>OP is not a fag
jk
>>
>>53375046
;_;
Well OP will always be a fag, can't be helped :/
>>
>FLAC isn't really fucking pointless you just don't know how to use it
>Windows 8 and 10 aren't shit essentially you just don't know how to use them
>Almost all Linux os' aren't fucking useless you just don't know how to use it

fucking rekt by your own argument

[spoiler]mac and windows 10 does suck[/spoiler]
>>
>>53375040
>Uneducated opinions
Command Lines are weird and they make me feel threatened. As a strong independent woman, I think we should have an OS that operates on perfumes! ;)
>>
>>53375058
>I'm the guy that likes to have everything "free" and "open source" cause I think i can code

Windows 8 and 10 have so many things wrong. Stopping at 7 would of been a good idea.

>>53375072
I didn't feel like elaborating cause then no one would say anything in here.
>>
Vaccines don't cause autism. Linux does.
>>
>>53375090
Linux is a symptom not a cause.
>>
>>53375040
>should of
>>
>>53375102
I don't understand what it is your trying to say
>>
>>53375140
>not 'should have'
OP confirmed for Low Income bracket.

This is now a poorfag thread.
>>
>>53375102
>Was just about to point this out as well
I stop reading as soon as I see this shit.
>>
>>53375040
> Windows 10's telemetry is not PII, but Microsoft is still evil as fuck.
> People say they want equality but complain when they get it.
> The US, while founded by Protestants, was very intentionally NOT a Christian nation.
> The problem with "millennials" is more their parents than them.
> Computers are just tools that allow work to be done.
> Powershell is closer to a programing language than Bash, only ever so slightly, but only because of the way Windows handles the UI.
> The computing world would be a better place if the fallen flags (SGI, 3DFX, DEC, etc) were still around
> LFS would be a kick ass daily, if security patches were better, but that would defeat the point of LFS to begin with.

I think that's enough for now.
>>
>>53375040
>Macs don't suck
Everybody knows it, only kids from /v/ shitpost about how Macs suck.

Quality-wise, yes. It's nice if you want to convert shit though.

Windows 10 is a solid OS and superior to 7 in every way. 8 is really an abomination though.

>Almost all Linux OS' are fucking useless
Ditto. The fragmentation is horrible.
>>
>>53375224
> People say they want equality but complain when they get it.
Examples? Actual ones, not few crazy people.

> Computers are just tools that allow work to be done.
As opposed to?

Mostly agree with the rest.
>>
>>53375040
>>Windows 8 and 10 are shit essentially and never should of happened

>unpopular opinion

fuck off, OP
>>
>>53375268
LOL K
>im a child and can't take an opinion
>>
>>53375252
>Examples? Actual ones, not few crazy people.
Gay pride vs straight pride. Black power vs white power.

I don't give two shits over your race or sexual preferences. It's not going to get you sympathy or discriminated against. If you can do the job, that's literally all I care about.

> As opposed to?
People shitting on others for the choice of platform. With the exception of Powershell and AD automation, which I do for a living, I can do everything else in Windows, Mac, or Linux. Even play WoW (the one game I do still play). It's a really fucking stupid argument, and it's not just here. I see it in the real world all the damn time.
>>
>>53375268
There's an API unification. This process is painful as fuck. We'll see how things change, if they even do at this point.
>>
>>53375296
>straight pride
Never heard of it .. also doesn't make too much sense. Gay pride exist because faggots were/are discriminated against. Give it a decade or two and will disappear.

Same with black vs white power.

>People shitting on others for the choice of platform.
Well, sometimes it's legitimate and comes when people use the sub-optimal platform for their needs. Though sure, usually it's just fanboys waving cocks and trying to convert others.
>>
>>53375331
>Gay pride exist because faggots were/are discriminated against
But in my experience, as a bi white male, people in LGBT communities get very bent out of shape when one does not cater to their differences. It's stupid. Be treated like everyone else or don't, but you don't get it both ways.

> Sometimes it's legitimate and comes when people use the sub-optimal platform for their needs.

Sure, sometimes. Like using Server 2012 Datacenter when all you need is basic DNS. Use a small Linux distro and boot that shit from flash, because BIND is easy.

One more unpopular opinion...

> Bernie Sanders is the president the US needs. Donald Trump is the president it deserves.
>>
>>53375385
>people in LGBT communities get very bent out of shape when one does not cater to their differences
I honestly don't know a single gay or bi guy/gal who is in a LGBT community, so no idea. Pretty silly indeed.

> Bernie Sanders is the president the US needs. Donald Trump is the president it deserves.
That's given too. Though most likely you're getting Hillary either way, enjoy the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>53375413
>likely you're getting Hillary either way
I'm not convinced she's really any better than Trump, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>53375040
> Macs don't suck you just don't know how to use it
Macs don't suck, they're just way too expensive for what you get. Software is great though
> FLAC is really fucking pointless
yep, on most systems you don't even notice the difference between 128 kbps and 320 kbps mp3's
> Windows 8 and 10 are shit essentially and never should of happened
totally
> Almost all Linux OS' are fucking useless
Fuck off, most of the internet runs on Linux systems. And Debian-based distro's are usable for desktops as well. You probably just don't know how to use it
>>
>>53375423
Well, she's not totally cray, so at least you won't get ostracized from the world stage, on the downside, shit will stay the same. From that perspective Trump is actually good since his presidency might make people rethink and vote for a decent candidate next.

Then again, if Bush got reelected...
>>
>>53375072
I wish command lines were prettier. :(
>>
>>53375238
>Windows 10 is a solid OS and superior to 7
Windows 10 superior? Nah, it's the most inconsistent Windows ever released and it's still riddled with bugs
>>
>>53375238
>The fragmentation is horrible
this was a joke, right?
>>
Avergae home user shouldn't be forced and shilled into using linux by /g/ because it's unsuable and too complicated
>>
>>53375464
I'm certain it's between Hilary and Sanders at this point.

In which case, Sanders will win without a doubt.
>>
>>53375479
>Nah, it's the most inconsistent Windows ever released
You mean the UI or what?

>it's still riddled with bugs
Well, it's Windows.

>>53375485
Just look at desktop environments alone, anything but KDE has no reason to exist and only confuses average users.
>>
>>53375498
Well, I don't share your optimism but sure hope you remain right.
>>
>>53375516
>You mean the UI or what?
Yeah. UI, configuration panels, win32/metro, applications, etc
>>
>>53375040
> of happened
> those opinions

kill self, senpai
>>
>>53375442
>on most systems you don't even notice the difference between 128 kbps and 320 kbps mp3's

You must have some serious ear issues to not notice the difference.
>>
>>53375040
OP is not a fag
>>
Anime is for degenerates and should be banned.
>>
>>53375578
Yeah it's pretty dumb but I wouldn't call it a big deal, and I care about that kind of stuff a lot.

>>53375661
Would depend on his headphones/speakers just as much, and most people don't have good ones.
>>
>>53375040
>should of
kill yourself my 14 year old man
>>
>>53375283
learn to read dipass
>>
>>53375690
Nah, 24.

>>53375678
Did an experiment back in highschool with my PSP1k. I shoved 2k of songs on my 2GB card with lowering it to 128. impressive but the issue was the quality started to sound horrid and was popping a lot. Now with OTR, you can bump that down to almost 60 and no one will notice.
>>
>Win8.1 is better than Win7 if you install ClassicStart and disable the corner hotspots
Fite me fgts.
>>
>>53375516
>anything but KDE has no reason to exist
apparently I'm to retarded to use kde, in my experience it has never worked properly
>>
>>53375040
Windows 8 was the last good Windows.
Yes, GOOD Windows, faggots. Stop whining about the program launcher
>>
>>53375040
no it's not
it's the best format for archiving and transcoding from, but it's a very poor portable format
>>
>>53375040
>Linux is litterally the only decent OS. Windows and OSX are both unusable as fuck.
>Gentoo, Slackware and Debian are the only good linux distros
>>
>>53375833
>but it's a very poor portable format
this is my main concern. NOT ALL OF US ARE MADE OF SPACE YA KNOW!
I only have so much space :(
>>
>>53375842
that's why you keep flac's on your desktop and put 192 OPUS on your phone
>>
>>53375040
>>Macs don't suck you just don't know how to use it
Sure it has unix tools and stuff but they are woefully out of date and you have to install your own package manager and shit. The window manager is terrible, even for a floating one. Basic things like resizing a window are utter shit. The filesystem is an abomination that should be purged off the face of the earth.
>>FLAC is really fucking pointless
Agreed, unless you're archive.org or something.
>>Windows 8 and 10 are shit essentially and never should of happened
I guess, but I'm nearly all-unix-like these days so I don't really care about Windows.
>>Almost all Linux OS' are fucking useless
>Linux doesn't suck you just don't know how to use it
>>
>>53375516
anything but FVWM2 has no reason to exist and only confuses old users
anything but dwm has no reason to exist and only confuses suckless.org users
anything but Pantheon has no reason to exist and only confuses macfaggy users

You do realize the very reason some people use Linux is that they won't be tied to a One True Way™ of how their computer should look and behave.
>>
>>53375040
those opinions are p much the only accaptable ones in any appleshill community, learn what unpopular opinion means
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.