[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Apple won't hack a murderer's phone for the cops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
>Apple won't hack a murderer's phone for the cops citing 'customer privacy'
>Will sell all your info to the NSA

So, although I don't like the FBI being able to FORCE Apple to comply, is Apple not choosing to comply proof that they're full of fucking shit?
>>
>>53375036
>Apple is using all of this as a pr gag
more news at eleven
>>
>>53375036
FACT: Apple and its customers are terrorists
Apple openly suppors terrorists by refusing to unlock terrorists phones with some flimsy excuse that makes no sense. Only a terrorist would do this
>>
>>53375036
Whats it like having a double digit IQ?
>>
>>53375108
>Whats it like having a double digit IQ?
What is it like shitposting in threads without explaining why you disagree with other posters.
>>
>>53375098
Why does the excuse make no sense?

>>53375108
Why is OP wrong?
>>
Maybe they can't hack it and are too embarrassed to say so?
>>
>>53375036
>Will sell all your info to the NSA
Proofs?
>>
>>53375036
>Fact
What your saying is bullshit, apple would gladly give acess to the data inside the fown if promped to.
>Fact
Apple will not give the encriptyption keys or backdoor acess to any governamental agency because it takes away the ability of the users to protect themselfs against specified attacks from the governament at the users personal privacy.
>Fact
You don't know shit about what the fuck is going on nigger.
>>
>>53375208
I ment Phone.
>>
>>53375036
>Apple won't hack a pedophile's phone for the cops citing 'customer privacy'
By that logic Apple should have given all your data to FBI and you should have been v& by now
>>
>>53375208
Why aren't they then?

Why can't they just take the phone from the FBI, break the encryption themselves in their labs, send the evidence they find back to the FBI and keep the details of the vulnerabilities secret?

I thought the Feds were asking them to hack the phone, not weaken it, i.e. hack the phone, and let the feds know about the backdoor.
>>
>>53375036
>>53375197
>>53375246

Let's get some things cleared up.

>apple won't hack a murderer's phone

They've unlocked devices in the past.

>is Apple not choosing to comply

Now here's another common misconception: The world thinks that they are refusing to help the feds hack into one of their devices. That they will never make code to access the backdoor.

And here's where everyone's mind will be blown: Apple has the incredible ease in which it is able to access the backdoor of it's devices.

How would one know such information? Well, because how else do they manage to cater to it's sheeple? Do you think the few hundred people who sign up for their focus groups to share their experience with their iphone, their likes, dislikes, and other interests gather enough data to drive marketing, R&D, sales for all of apple's markets?

Fuck no. They've had backdoor access since day fucking one. They know whatever it is you fap to. What you like to eat. What colors you like, what your living conditions are. How you type. What you search for. How much money you have in your bank account. Your fucking CC info. They know what school your children go to. They know what they (your offspring) like. What they don't like, etc.

They know every thing you do, as long as whatever it is you do involves your iphone.

What they DON'T know is exactly how far the feds have gotten into cracking their devices, which is why they make it harder with security updates. See, Apple is an extremely inclusive company. They want their secret sauce made in-house, sold only to their devoted followers, & who's secret recipe is never allowed to exit the kitchen. Because if it were to exit the kitchen, someone else might be able to emulate the recipe, which costs them lost income.

Apple's only key to success is the ability they have to effortlessly tap into their user base & find what makes them tick. If someone other than them knows their formula, it marks the beginning of the end.
>>
>>53375208
>Apple will not give the encriptyption keys or backdoor acess to any governamental agency because it takes away the ability of the users to protect themselfs against specified attacks from the governament at the users personal privacy.
They've already done it before, shitbreath.
>>
>>53375259
>autism

>>53375280
They gave access to singular phones, in this case the gubernment wants a custom OS, that they would use on other phones as well.
>>
>>53375259
>>53375259
>>53375280
Sauce?
>>
>>53375280
No they haven't shit for brains, unless you prove it otherwise
>>
>>53375259
>They know whatever it is you fap to. What you like to eat. What colors you like, what your living conditions are. How you type. What you search for. How much money you have in your bank account. Your fucking CC info. They know what school your children go to. They know what they (your offspring) like. What they don't like, etc.

That you think anyone cares about you or that you're of any level of importance is concerning, Narcissus
>>
>>53375291
>>53375295

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/17/apple-unlocked-iphones-for-the-feds-70-times-before.html

>>53375303

lol, it's not that i care, but apple sure does.
>>
>>53375322
>Unlocking phones
>giving encryption keys

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>53375359

>unlocking phones

for the feds

>giving encryption keys

to the feds...

remember that thing i said about secret sauce? And why they are fighting the feds now, to prevent the recipe from getting into hands that are not theirs?

Not so sound like a faggot, but you make yourself out to be an even bigger one with your retarded responses and that hilarious as fuck tripcode.
>>
>>53375036
>>Will sell all your info to the NSA
<citation required>
>>
Apple supports terrorists and paedophiles by giving phones strong encryption and refuses to make special means of allowing law enforcement to unlock it.
>>
File: 1454683327334.jpg (75 KB, 643x820) Image search: [Google]
1454683327334.jpg
75 KB, 643x820
>>53375259
>>
>>53375036
Google built their whole business on selling your personal info to advertisers.
As do Facebook. Everything you post on Facebook is theirs to do wht they like with.
Microsoft bought aQuantive to do the same thing but, not surprisingly, bungled it.
>>
>>53375534
Imagine if more people had been willing to stand up to the Nazi Secret Police like this.
>>
>>53375583
Secret police were great, degenerates were sent to the gas chambers were they belong. The moment America gets our own secret police, I'm reporting every animefag I know.
>>
>>53375322
>http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/17/apple-unlocked-iphones-for-the-feds-70-times-before.html
Apple's security has changed over the last few years. Now the owner has the ONLY keys to the iPhone. Apple can't recover tham.
The FBI are trying to force Apple to design and build a version of IOS that will allow them to use an automated brute-force on the iPhone. An iPhone that they locked. An iPhone they admit probably doesn't contain anything useful.
An iPhone that the SB DA claims is harboring a devastating cyber threat.
>>
>>53375606
>The moment America gets our own secret police,

Like, a century ago?
>>
>>53375679
We don't have means of reporting degenerates to remove them from society.
>>
>>53375208
I think you misread the statement from apple and applied your typical amerifat logic.

The problem with putting a backdoor into the phone is not that it opens the phone up to abuse from the government. The problem is that adding a backdoor to the phone is adding a point to breach the security of the phone itself from attackers, which makes apple look like (or rather proves) they're shit at security.

That being said, Apple has backdoored many other pieces of software in the past, that fucking massive piece of shit operating system is probably just too fucked up to put a backdoor in it securely enough to cover their asses
>>
>>53375206
>2016 year of our Lord Snowden
>hasn't seen the proof yet
BAAAAH sheeple!
>>
>>53375780
Nothing in the leaks suggests what you imply. Though I guess reading comprehension is too much to ask for tinfoil tards.
>>
>>53375036
>this whole thread
>all of these stupid reddit-tier replies
What has muh /g/ come to? :'(
>>
>>53375036
I am more worried about what this does to the 5th. A warrant does not cover anyone but the owner of the device.
>>
>>53375830
This board is mostly /v/ and reddit at this point. I really need to stop coming here, it's just terrible.
>>
>>53364279
>be in free country.
>not want to develop a modded OS that would be detrimental to your company/userbase
>don't because it's a free country.
I don't give a shit about the issue, i think that flashing the phone to a firmware that has unlimited unlocks is fine since they aren't fucking with Any actual encryption, and they have an actual warrant for once. My concern is that Apple should be free to do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>53376001
Ignore link clover being a nigger.
>>
>>53375036
The stand that apple has taken in this debacle actually makes me want to get an iphone.

Then again I don't really do anything illegal or extremist, so there's no point. Monitor me all you want, mah boiz.
>>
>>53376001
>do whatever the fuck they want
>IT'S A FREE COUNTRY

total freedom is not a good thing, that's basically anarchy. Although I do agree that in this case it hurts their company so they shouldn't be forced to do it.
>>
File: 1456458553910.jpg (80 KB, 581x628) Image search: [Google]
1456458553910.jpg
80 KB, 581x628
>>53375036
>proof that they're full of fucking shit?

That's is in fact the direct consequence of consuming shit from their hands.
>>
ITT: The most retarded idiots ever born.

The FBI is *NOT* and HAS NOT EVER asked Apple to 'unlock' the device as even they know that simply isn't possible.
The entire user partition is encrypted, the keys are locked in essentially another computer, Apple nor FBI can unlock or decrypt the device.

What the FBI is asking for is a special version of iOS for that device which disables the automatic wiping of the phone after 10 attempts of the passcode and additionally that the increasing timeout between each wrong attempt is removed.
This is so the FBI can brute force the passcode, which wouldn't normally be possible.

Apple doesn't believe they should provide such a thing as it has privacy ramifications.

Some less scrupulous people have tried to claim that everyone will have this firmware if the FBI is given it, but that is also untrue.

Each version of iOS needs to be signed at install time by Apple's servers, Apple could very easily make the custom version of iOS only sign the one time on the one specific device - even if someone got a hold of the ipsw, they couldn't do shit with it.
>>
>>53376687
>Apple could very easily make the custom version of iOS only sign the one time on the one specific device
If Apple does it once, the FBI will use that to get it again, and again, and again.

Also, a special version of iOS that allows the FBI to break into the device is more or less the same thing as asking apple to decrypt the device for them.
It's a pretty pedantic issue to backpedal and be like "WHOA no dude, we're simply asking to be enabled to decrypt the device, you're not decrypting it for us at all"
>>
>>53375699
I do. Maybe you didn't get the memo, you stupid mongrel.
>>
>>53376737
>If Apple does it once, the FBI will use that to get it again, and again, and again.

Indeed they could, but not without asking Apple again, each time, which Apple would obviously only comply with if the FBI had a court order.

Again, each iOS install (and update) needs to be signed by Apple's servers - when Apple releases a new version of iOS for example, they stop signing the old version.

The custom version delivered would only sign once and only on the device in question as per court order.

The FBI could try as they like to just use it on any other device that is the same exact iPhone model, but it wouldn't be signed so it wouldn't actually install.
>>
>>53375606
You're on /b/ dick lock, you're the definition of a degenerate.
>>
Yo kids, just google for "apple iphone 7 low sales".

There were lots of studies suggesting that the new iphone won't sell as much due to market saturation (6s cost a fortune and customers in 6s-price-range were not likely to make a new purchase each year).

Guess what all this shit-eating contest is all about? Yeah, you guessed correctly, PR.
>>
>>53376773
>anyone ever predicting apple sales correctly
It will sell just fine.
>>
>>53376805
Yeah, now it will.
>>
>>53375036
It's for PR because apple basically requires the eastern market (China) to stay alive and they won't do business with them if the Americans can crack encryption on Chinese phones.
>>
>>53375246
>>53375611
The feds can already do it themselves its not rocket science. All they have to do is to desolve the plastic cover of the micro proc of the iphone n see the circuitry n simulate it.

Its just a pain for them
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.