[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is powerpoint the worst program ever made? this piece of shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: PowerPoint.png (94 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
PowerPoint.png
94 KB, 512x512
is powerpoint the worst program ever made? this piece of shit fucks up when you most need it and can ruin careers
>>
>>53373817
I don't really blame Powerpoint, I blame its users.

Powerpoint is often used in the most awkward of ways. For example, I had to write a user manual for colleagues working in another place. The manual would mostly include terminal outputs.
What do you think I'd use to write a manual with Office software? Word, of course. No. My boss wanted a Powerpoint presentation, without even intending to present it. His argument was that it's better to communicate this way.

Putting Powerpoint everywhere really is a meme.
>>
>>53373936
This. Jesus Christ, my supervisor wanted an NBCR awareness/response training guide written up in PowerPoint. I cut so much fat to make it fit in 2 presentations and sent it in.
Still haven't seen it at all.
>>
>>53373936
Why not just use beamer?
It is much faster, much easier to edit and much better for presentations.
>>
>>53373936
>Putting Powerpoint everywhere really is a meme.
truth

I've had to make powerpoint presentations for interviews (of course I don't actually use powerpoint) i hate that shit so much.
>>
>>53373979
I used Beamer when I was a research intern. But really, LaTeX really is exclusive to scientific and academic grounds. Most businesses run Office and like to share their documents in Office formats, so employees can edit them on the fly.
>>
>>53373980
just got reminded of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SNxaJlicEU
>>
>>53373817
ask South Korea about this
>>
File: PowerPoint.png (80 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
PowerPoint.png
80 KB, 512x512
is powerpoint the worst program ever made? this piece of shit fucks up when you most need it and can ruin careers
>>
It is very easy to use and easy to create something presentable with. Basically very good at what its made for.

If you use it for things its not supposed to be used for of course youre going to have some trouble. Just don't be an idiot.

>this fork cant cut this bread, what a shitty fork
>>
File: ubantu.png (837 KB, 1125x753) Image search: [Google]
ubantu.png
837 KB, 1125x753
>>53373817
Is linux the worst kernel ever made? this piece of shit fucks up when you most need it and can ruin careers
>>
>>53373817
Everyone here uses Prezi these days.
>>
>>53374611
I will stay away from this culture.
>>
>>53375012
Good thing she goes back to school, Linux never interferes with userspace, it's her own fault.
>>
>>53373936
Word documents will probably come out as highly structured, detailed procedures that drones on for pages.

Powerpoint presentations will split up the process into bite sized, digestable chunks. And probably highly visual with screen caps of what users can expect to see.

You want to write the device operation and service manual.
Your boss wants the quick start guide poster.
>>
>>53375059
I would have gladly made the quick start guide if he asked me to, but it was just pointless for such a short document. He just wanted me to convert my Word document to Powerpoint without trimming it down. All in all, my manual takes 2 pages in Word, 11 slides in Powerpoint. It's a perfect example of Powerpoint abuse, but as long the boss is happy...
>>
File: VoimaPiste.png (83 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
VoimaPiste.png
83 KB, 512x512
>>
>>53375053
This

>>53375012
Looks like a retard. Educating her would probably be a waste.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.