[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to go beyond those dumb college code monkey students from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1389079785539.gif (196 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1389079785539.gif
196 KB, 500x500
I want to go beyond those dumb college code monkey students from some nigger college.

So, what are the mandatory books any world class programmer should have read?

anything goes, from math books to networking.
>>
Could you repeat the question?
>>
>>53373252
what are the books any top programmer needs to read?
>>
I'm not sure I understood your question.
>>
>>53373252
How do I become a 1337 hax0r?
>>
>>53373266
Sorry, could you say that again?
>>
>>53373267
books for becoming a world class programmer.
>>
>>53373279
I'm a bit hard of hearing.
Could you please repeat that?
>>
>>53373277
>>53373287
fuck you man.
>>
File: CS school.png (3 MB, 2200x3276) Image search: [Google]
CS school.png
3 MB, 2200x3276
>>53373188
>>
>>53373287
care to inspect my dubs?
>>
>>53373292
>>53373301
Sorry I didn't get that, repeat that please?
>>
>>53373299
agreed with everything until the math for cs part.
>>
>>53373351
What would you recommend then?
>>
http://jasonroell.com/2015/03/16/12-most-infuential-books-every-software-engineer-needs-to-read/
There are other books that are good that are not on this list, but that's a start.

I'm a bit worried when people ask for vague recommendations like this, though, as it often seems that they are seeking some sort of status as a 'real computer scientist' instead of focusing on fields that they find interesting or practical.
>>
File: rrhc.png (419 KB, 557x886) Image search: [Google]
rrhc.png
419 KB, 557x886
>>53373188
Should've read the sticky.

Check the gentoomen library. 30+ gb of resources.
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

Now stop being a faggot and start being a freetard faggot that regurgitates meme shit on /g/, but with knowledge.
>>
starting out with programming logic and design by Tony Gaddis. The simple reason being that if you don't understand the logic and design behind code you will never be a good programmer. The language you use doesn't matter for they are tools to get a job done. The concepts behind how you use those tools are what matters.
>>
>>53373188
>anything goes, from math books to networking

If you want more math-y stuff, check the /sci/ wiki

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.