[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well guys, what is the vedict on Windows 10? It's been out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: windows 10.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
windows 10.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
Well guys, what is the vedict on Windows 10? It's been out long enough now. I still get the "Upgrade for free here!" thing every couple days. Wondering if maybe its time. I am currently on windows 7.
>>
Oh this thread again... Just upgrade is great.
>>
You may upgrade to try it out. Don't forget to reformat && install gentoo afterwards.
>>
Don't listen to the plebs - it's fucking great. The boot time is just amazing, and the general design is fantastic
>>
Is there any downsides to Windows 10? I don't care about Microsoft spying and selling my info or piracy so should I do it?
>>
>>53371797
Thank you Rajesh, your payment is now in your account!
>>
>>53371834
Barring all the downsides, there are no downsides and you should use it, yes.
>>
>>53371847
I mean I can see those things would be downsides for some but I generally don't care. I was just wondering if there was anything else.
>>
It's aight. Bad piracy.Runs okay It runs good software games etc. whatever.
>>
I tried it recently, I still got notification pop-ups while trying to watch anime so I'm sticking with 8.1
>>
>>53371797
Also. It does have good boot time. has quick start up. But I wouldn't say anything faster than linux. of course you always use an SSD,
>>
I upgraded and hated it. Now using debian. If you're using win7 right now DO NOT UPGRADE
>>
>>53371948
What did you hate about it? I'm running it on all of my desktops and its working fine.
>>
>not dualbooting Win10 + gentoo

top kek
>>
>>53371887

>Bad piracy

KMSPico would beg to differ otherwise
>>
>>53371690
It's better than 8. But still not as good as Linux.
>>
>>53372079
-file structure
-menus unintuitive
-administrative tools are a joke
-bandwidth stealing
-botnet
-forced, slow updating that doesn't include my other programs
-poor high-res support (scaling system is garbage)
-won't recognize samba server on my network
-for some reason the window manager is worse

That's just my personal experience why win7>win10 not including reasons why *nix>windows
>>
It's good, just disable the botnet stuff
>>
>>53371872
forced updates
forced.. itself (on skylake and newer CPUs)
>>
just use arch linux faggot
>>
>>53371690
Unfortunately, it's botnet. Install gentoo.
>>
File: 1455826514515..png (185 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1455826514515..png
185 KB, 1366x768
>>53371690
>what is the vedict on Windows 10
You tell me
>>
>>53371690
Not bad desu
>>
>>53371834
>>53371887
>>53374038
>>53375817

Leave /g/.
Now.

Especially
>implying you can disable the botnet with k00ldudes_BotnetRemover.exe
>>
File: 12463612.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
12463612.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>53375834
>Remove botnet button
>>
>>53375834
>If I keep saying it it'll become true
I bet you believed that article about the 5500 connections too
>>
>>53371843
Thank you Richard, because you've been so loyal and continue to >DO IT FOR FREE, we've deposited an additional year of unemployment into your NEET account.
>>
>>53374079
7 runs on skylake as well.
>>
>>53371690
It still has frustrating issues, but the most important thing to keep in mind is that they continue to update it with potentially Windows-breaking updates. After something like 1 year, you won't be able to revert back to your old OS. Keep that in mind when you see news about updates that turns your lock-screen into an advertisement page, or when you hear that you can't choose to avoid any updates.
All-in-all, it's better than Win 8/.1 in the design, but ridiculously broken in terms of the updates they put on the system. There still really isn't a much better advise for standard usage imho. I still use Linux for stack dev and the like, but use Win 10 maybe 90% of the time.
>>
>>53371690
It's shit and theyremove more and more Win32 programs from it, replacing them with Modern apps crap. Control panel is the next to go in the upcoming build..
>>
>>53375805

This is what fucking annoys me
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.