[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Light meters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 71EQBY5hGjL._SL1500_.jpg (211 KB, 896x1500) Image search: [Google]
71EQBY5hGjL._SL1500_.jpg
211 KB, 896x1500
These are technology, and /p/ is slow as fuck. What are some good light meters? I was thinking pic related
>>
>best

Best at what?

A thread died for this shit
>>
>>53370677
He never said best.
>>
>>53370677
Was probably a shit thread tbqh
>>
>lightmeter

go back to /p/, everyone in there is going to say you are retard who needs to learn to shoot, and that is what you are.
>>
>>53370707
>you are retard who needs to learn to shoot, and that is what you are.

Go to a professional shoot without a light meter. They'll kick your ass out and laugh at you on how amateur
>>
>>53370677
>A thread died for this shit
and nothing of value was lost
/g/ is dead
though still consumer product bullshit, at least this thread has something you don't see here ever single day
just noticed you're a tripfag too
you are the problem
kill yourself
>>
>>53370658
literally just use your phone and a light meter app.

Its what I use when I need to do large format photog
>>
>>53370707
If you're going for DoP then light meter is a must. Photography not so much but still is good for professional use. You know jack shit I can tell
>>
>>53370658
That Sekonic in your post is great. I've had mine for years and its very reliable.
>>
>>53370772
>>53370742
This is why you escaped from /p/ and gone to /g/ because you were laughed out of the stage.

Now you are playing the "high and mighty" in /g/

Fuck off you retarded monkeys, it takes about a month to learn to use your tools, take your time.
>>
>>53370658
Use the liveview.
>>
Do you guys happen to know of any good sound recording equipment? I don't really know where to start. How much better are they as opposed to just plugging in shotgun mics or lavs into the camera?
>>
>>53370835
A dedicated recorder will generally have a better mic preamp and better level audjustment options.
>>
>>53370871
I'll do research about some inexpensive ones, then. I was just wondering if they'd be worth it. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>53370897
If you want to mount it on a hotshoe and have somewhat directional reception, the Shure VP83F will be good for you but it's not "cheap".
>>
>>53370835
>>53370835
Zoom h4n is pretty good
>>
File: 1418711799984.jpg (4 KB, 185x82) Image search: [Google]
1418711799984.jpg
4 KB, 185x82
>>53370916
>>53370921
Thanks guys. I'm better at literally everything that's not sound, so you guys have been super helpful.
>>
File: MinoltaFourF-3.jpg (106 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
MinoltaFourF-3.jpg
106 KB, 800x533
Minolta IV F here.

Friend who's retired from the film industry has one and swears by it. So I looked and chanced upon mine on Craigslist for cheap, making one of our friends jelly ... that guy happens to have the Sekonic you're asking about.

The readings were a little different compared our Minoltas, which wouldn't be so bad if it at least had an adjustment. On the other hand, even if its readings are "wrong" compared to some other meter, you can at least use it to get consistent exposures.

Another thing to consider, smartphone light meter apps. Some are purportedly pretty good, and have lumispheres attachments you can purchase. But if you try that route, I'd suggest getting over any deep-rooted faggotry and go with an iOS one. As the developer only had to write it for a fixed set of camera sensors, vs the fuckall clusterfuck that comes with writing for Android based hardware.
>>
>>53370677
>A thread died for this shit
filtered :)
>>
>>53370835
Happy with my Tascam DR-40
Got it for $120 on eBay, though depending on how anxious you are to get one, expect to pay around $150.
>>
The one you have OP is good
>>
Weston Master II
Cheap af and no batteries to worry about
>>
>>53370658
Seeing as your only asking for a good one, I'm going to assume you cant afford one that works correctly for professional photo shoots.
Any in your price are so in accurate that judging by eye is more effective.
With this in mind, go to your local paint distributor and get some swatches and assign them with a numeric value.
>>
>>53372413
The one in his pic is good though
>>
>>53372525
Then why make a thread if he already knows what makes something good.
There are other sites dedicated to OPs needs.
>www.bukaki.com
>>
>>53370658
>browse amazon
>find budget
>read reviews
>purchase
>open package
>read instructions
>take picture with flash
>adjust ISO
>take picture
>sudoku
>>
>>53370742

yeah that's bullshit. you don't need a light meter when you have an lcd screen.

light meters and grey cards are a sure fire way to make the most boring photos ever.

spend your money on more radio triggers, more flashes, an einstein/battery pack, lenses, batteries, CF cards, another dslr......light meter is about as far down on my priority as lens caps and retarded clear filters.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.