[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an alarm app for android that requires you do something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: pandora-android-alarm-clock[1].jpg (62 KB, 630x364) Image search: [Google]
pandora-android-alarm-clock[1].jpg
62 KB, 630x364
Is there an alarm app for android that requires you do something math related like integrals or differential equations? I can find a couple that require you add some numbers but that's pretty useless.
>>
>>53370128
>alarm rings
>7:00 am
>to turn off you have to solve a 3rd order non-homogeneous differential equation
why would you want this
>>
>>53370377
It'd be good practice, and I wouldn't be able to sleep through it. I'm tired of turning off my alarms without ever feeling like I woke up.
>>
>>53370419
No such app exists because it would target a niche audience
>>
>>53370556
Well it obviously wouldn't need to do 3rd order non homogeneous differential equations, just needs to be more than algebra. There's gotta be some small shitty app somewhere.
>>
Or maybe how about a captcha?
>>
File: Sleep as Androids-horz.jpg (47 KB, 506x300) Image search: [Google]
Sleep as Androids-horz.jpg
47 KB, 506x300
Sleep as android

Maybe not the most intense math but don't say I never did anything for you, OP
>>
File: prevalence-graph1.jpg (196 KB, 2709x1844) Image search: [Google]
prevalence-graph1.jpg
196 KB, 2709x1844
>>53370556
I don't know anon, there's a lot of autistic people in this crazy world.
>>
>>53370852
I'll look into it, thanks.
>>53370821
Eh, maybe, it's an option.
>>
>>53370852

I use this, op.

It's only arithmetic, but you can change the difficulty and it works for exactly what you're asking for
>>
>>53370128
just stop being a little bitch...
>>
>>53371015
I see, $5 is too much but maybe I can find an upload that isn't sketchy.
>>53371057
No.
>>
>>53370852
I use this also, its great. It has sleep tracking functions and fitness tracker integrations too.
>>
>>53371089
I use the pro version too. 5 bucks is well worth it for something you'll use every day.
>>
>>53373463
I looks like you have to sleep with your phone don't you? That's kinda weird, not sure if I want to do that. But maybe I'll try it out
>>53373496
I might look into all the features and stuff later, I just needed a quick fix that will help me get through the semester. For now I'm using Alarmy, basic but it should last me until the end of the semester.
>>
>>53370854
Can someone do the math and figure out when this will be 1 in 1 or at least 1 in two so I know to have a kid by then

I would but I'm pretty benzd, thanks senpai
>>
>>53373849
I'm too lazy to verify but it looks like y=e^x, so play with that and the data given and you can find the ratio for any given year.
>>
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kog.alarmclock

There you go, lazy ass. It has math, matching, a shake test, and a bunch of other optional tests to make sure you wake up. It also has a bunch of loud noises. It's very customizable. I have problems waking up and its never failed me in the past 2 years.
>>
"I Can't Wake Up". Somehow I doubt it makes you do integrals but solving math problems is one of the 'tasks' required to turn off the alarm
>>
>>53374177

From the listing:

Wake Up Tasks:
Math – do some math equations
Memory – find pairs for each coloured tile
Order – set tiles in correct order
Repeat – repeat shown click sequence
Barcode – you have to get out of bed to scan the code placed in bathroom, kitchen or just on your table!
Rewrite – carefully rewrite randomly generated text
Shake – shake your phone until you feel awake
Match– connect word pairs – has build in Capital-Country collection, but you can easily make your own, for example with words in different languages!

You can configure every Method and test it quietly without running the alarm, to set it just the way you like.
>>
>>53374177
>>53374179
>>53374184
Thanks for the recommendation although I already found an app that basically does the same thing here >>53373794
When this semester wraps up I know what I'll be doing though, really surprised to not see an app that requires anything more than arithmetic.
>>
>>53374228

>really surprised to not see an app that requires anything more than arithmetic.

Why would you need anything more than arithmetic, shake tests, etc? Do you really need differential equations to test if you're awake?
>>
>>53370128
Math Alarm on Xposed.
>>
>>53374260
I mean I'd be more awake if I had to do a differential equation, but I guess I should just look at it as a way of guaranteeing I won't turn off alarms without consciously waking up.
>>53374293
Looks like it only does arithmetic, but thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>53374319

>I guess I should just look at it as a way of guaranteeing I won't turn off alarms without consciously waking up.

Why don't you just use the barcode or QR feature. Place the barcode or QR at the other end of your apartment. Nothing out there will allow you to do differential equations to ensure you are awake.

Bragging rights are the only reason I could see for you needing to do differential equations first thing in the morning.
>>
>>53374366
I live with roommates, I'd imagine that'd be pretty annoying for them. But regardless it's not an ego issue, there's nothing to be proud of, it's lower division math. The main reason I'd like it is because I'm currently taking diff eq and I like to immerse myself in the math class I'm in.
>>
File: 1454355087817.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1454355087817.gif
1 MB, 640x360
Is this you?
>>
>>53374409
Yes, except I'm not consciously awake, like my alarms get turned off and I have no memory whatsoever of turning them off.
>>
>>53374384

Just do a few questions after you wake up then. An alarm blaring on your phone while you race to do a differential equation every morning would be significantly more annoying.
>>
>>53370419
>and I wouldn't be able to sleep through it
You would think so, but no, it's fucking easy to sleep through ANYTHING.
>>
Damn OP of you want something to wake you up get one of those alarm clocks that run around the room. I used one in college and it was pretty fun having roommates all wake up chasing the fucking balls all over the house.
>>
>>53374442
I'll probably start doing that, I'll use the arithmetic to wake up and then follow it up with a couple diff eqs. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>53374423
That happened to me quite a few times and got late for pretty important stuff.

My initial solution was to place the alarm/phone away from bed so I would have to get up to turn it off.

These days I've adjusted my sleep time and can wake up on demand, without the need for an alarm (but still use it to be safe).
Learn more about this anon, it will save you a lot frustration and you'll actually wake up with good mood.
>>
>>53374461
Uh oh I don't want to hear that, gotta give it a try at least, it's better than just swiping the alarm off.
>>53374462
I didn't even know this was a thing, I might get one as a last resort.
>>53374475
I agree that's the best solution, if I went to bed at the same time and got up at the same time every day this issue would be moot. Unfortunately I work retail right now while going to school and the hours are all over, sometimes opening, sometimes closing, etc. Makes it impossible to have a consistent schedule. Luckily I'm close to transferring to a university so I can quit and hopefully do what you're suggesting.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Clocky-Aqua-Runaway-Alarm-Clock/dp/B000TAS9XQ

This is the best alarm clock for ensuring wakefulness
>>
>>53374520
What a qt3.14
>>
>>53374520
This.

All my roommates had one and it really wakes you up. They move around so fast it pisses you off and wakes you up.
>>
>>53370128
Use gf.
>>
File: 1439750072943.png (364 KB, 564x1086) Image search: [Google]
1439750072943.png
364 KB, 564x1086
>>53374599
>tfw no gf
>>
>>53370854
This graph doesn't explain how spectrum tests change as they find out more about autism. Once you know what to look for and can more easily document it, of course the cases will increase.
>>
"Timely" has a math challenge, i've never used it so im not sure if it's what you're looking for. but it's a good alarm app.
>>
>>53374157
Around 2030 then if the exponential growth continues. Around 2048 there will be 1 autist per half a person, or everyone will be double-autistic.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.