[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the thing about the new nvidia drivers causing severe problems/crashes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: PicsArt_03-07-06.08.39.jpg (48 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_03-07-06.08.39.jpg
48 KB, 600x433
Is the thing about the new nvidia drivers causing severe problems/crashes a real thing or is it just propaganda from A.M.D. Shills?
>>
Nope, nvidia drivers kill your gpu and brick your screen. Also they provide "stability updates" that disable overclocking.
>>
File: m55mh.gif (3 MB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
m55mh.gif
3 MB, 640x416
>>
>>53368187
I cant beleive i fell for the 970 memecard...i almost want my old saphire back..at least it didnt cause massive grapahical entities/frame shutteribg and shit in rendering stuff in games...why did i fall for the 3.5gb meme?
>>
File: 1428450609714.gif (2 MB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1428450609714.gif
2 MB, 175x175
>>53368208
kek
pretty much what happens
>>
File: 1457395746075.jpg (117 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
1457395746075.jpg
117 KB, 600x433
imagine a world in which only amd produced cpus and gpus.

truly a fate worse than death.
>>
>>53368134
Not sure about windows 7 and 8.1, but on windows 10 I can't even max out battlefield 4 on my 4gb gtx 680 anymore.
>>
>>53369091
Every pc would perform like an old netbook made for XP running windows vista.
>>
>>53368208
I remember being the og video with a friend. That shit is exactly how robots will turn against humans.
>>
>>53368134
Anecdotal evidence.

>Buy 6970 over Thermi at the time
>/g/ screams about AMD drivers
>Literally zero problems from AMD drivers
>Fall for the 970 meme
>Constant BSODs, game crashes, etc
>Install newest driver in anticipation for Division
>Crashes and won't even boot
>Have to wipe all drivers using DDU and reinstall to fix the problem
>Find out that the drivers aren't even new
>The only change is so division.exe is now The Division in Gameworks™
>Nvidia®, The Way It's Meant to be Played™
>>
>>53368134

these are real issues anon, people just don't pull this shit out of their ass
>>
>>53368134
Nobody said Nvidia has perfect drivers, it's just above and beyond the shit amd releases. Nvidia releases drivers that allows you to use the product the reason you bought it for, while amd releases broken shit that only works a quarter of the time.

Imagine buying a printer/camera/router/fan/any product that only works 25% of the time, that's what AMD products are like.
>>
>>53369091
>>53369195
(You)
>>
>>53370882
>Nobody said Nvidia has perfect drivers, it's just above and beyond the shit amd releases. Nvidia releases drivers that allows you to use the product the reason you bought it for, while amd releases broken shit that only works a quarter of the time.
>Imagine buying a printer/camera/router/fan/any product that only works 25% of the time, that's what AMD products are like.

Meanwhile, 25% of the time the camera you bought from Nvidia bursts into flames because of an update, 25% of the time it kills itself because of an update, 25% of the time the update actually reduces performance, and the other 25% of the time it actually works as intended with the performance advertised.
>>
File: happy frog.jpg (23 KB, 394x458) Image search: [Google]
happy frog.jpg
23 KB, 394x458
>>53372129
>25% of the time it actually works as intended with the performance advertised

*for one year until the new lineup arrives and they gimp it via software

Pay up, stupid goy!
>>
>8800 gtwhatever, worked well with no issues
>4970 Radeon, worked well with no issues
>xfire 4970s, absolute shit stuttering
>6970 Radeon, worked well with no issues
>290 Radeon, works well with no issues, still maxing new games

I haven't even installed windows fresh since before the 4870 xfire debacle. How are people having issues?
>>
>buy amd gpu
>goes on /g/
>works for me!
>"YOU FELL FOR THE MEME! AMD DOESN'T WORK FOR ME!"
4*504 guys, wake the fuck up you babbies.
>>
>>53373255
More like

>buy high-end amd gpu
>have shit chink random 20$ 500W PSU (from a prebuilt)
>dont install/uninstall drivers properly
>get issues
>go to /g/
>"NO DRIVERS HOUSEFIRE I SHOULD'VE BOUGHT NVIDIA"

Literally 90% of the people with issues on AMD cards (on Windows, at least.)
>>
the only reason you rarely hear of AMD drivers breaking shit is because AMD never releases driver updates.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.