[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thunderbrick - How?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: thunderbirck.png (156 KB, 510x600) Image search: [Google]
thunderbirck.png
156 KB, 510x600
This thing costs $30 from Twin Towers Trading Inc. and apparently amplifies your phone's audio without actually being connected to it in any way. Anyone want to take a shot at how it does this?

>Amp up the audio of your smartphone or other digital device in less than a second! No cords, apps, Bluetooth, WiFi or any pairing required! USB or battery powered. Compact, lightweight, fits in the palm of your hand!

>Simply place your device on top of the speaker and enjoy the professional quality sound of your music, audio books, phone calls and other recordings at a comfortable volume.

http://tttradinginc.com/product/thunder-brick-instant-audio/
>>
using a hollow chamber for resonance.
not unlike an acoustic guitar
>>
>>53364633
iPhone speaker is located on the bottom of the phone, pointed away from the device.
>>
File: bird.jpg (417 KB, 1584x1188) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
417 KB, 1584x1188
>Twin Towers Trading Inc
>>
>>53364633
It uses battery power though. Maybe it just uses a microphone directly connected to amplified speakers. Like a megaphone.
>>
>>53364633
I see now it is actually usb or battery powered.

probably NFC, near field pairing
>>
It works by tricking retards into buying industrial waste for $30
>>
>>53364713
Doesn't use any kind of pairing, it says.
>>
>>53364713
>Iphone 5s or below
>NFC
Ayy lmao
>>53364697
BINGO, this anon get it, its juat a megaphone.
>>
>>53364735
I think they mean bluetooth pairing. NFC pairs up just be being near each other. other boxes of similar design use nfc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7BwkO6M8Ps
>>
With a microphone of course jesus christ.
>>
File: schematic.png (189 KB, 510x600) Image search: [Google]
schematic.png
189 KB, 510x600
>>53364755
>>53364751
>>53364697
>pic

>>53364753
there is no bluetooth pairing according to description
>>
>>53364614
It is something they call near field audio.

Heineken had a promotion a while back in my country (Netherlands) offering these for free, in the form of a beer crate. Works pretty well actually
>>
>>53364787
That is the on button. The microphone is probably under the phone, on the top of the slab.
>>
>>53364787
>>53364614
>iPhone 5S
>Dual Sim Card Slot
What the fuck is this chinkphone?
>>
>>53364805
Located on the complete wrong side of the phone to be picking up audio clearly?

>>53364802
this is the correct answer
>>
>>53364802
It's because holland can into everything, literally
>>
>>53364802
Bingo
>>
>>53364614
>/g/
>never heard of an audio pickup
lol
>>
Is /g/ really this retarded?
>>
I dont think it works with a regular mic+loudspeaker

I think Its more like a pressure zone mic or a magnetic resonance induction mic, because it doesn't amplify your voice if you speak near it, it recognizes the presence of a device even if its not playing sound
>>
I've seen one of these, it works fine and doesn't need any connection, just put something with a speaker on it and the sound will be amplified
>>
oh so the answer near field communication isn't correct
but near field audio is

this place is shit, you're all shit
>>
>>53364890
>this place is shit, you're all shit
hallo neufreund
>>
I believe it uses what is referred to as "blue-tooth"
>>
vibration
>>
>>53364614
It's clearly powered by jet fuel and steel beams.
>>
>>53364890
It's NFC but the website says no pairing at all, which makes it sound like no NFC. But this is clearly a knockoff of other NFC speakers. It is funny to see the /g/tards squabble over how it's obviously just an acoustic amplifier or bluetooth speaker.
>>
I have been to parties where they didn't have a speaker, and the quick solution was a phone in a glass.
This is a cool extension of that.
>>
I've got one of those in OP's picture yet black with my ISP's logo on the lower right corner. Fellow dutchfag as well.

It uses "Interaction" technology, which is fancy talk for a magnet strapped to the top surface that picks up sound from the speakers of your phone lying on top. I've opened up the device due to the micro-usb port being loose inside of it, hence why I got it for free. About 70% of the device is empty, the components there are the I/O board, the two speakers, the magnet sensor and the power-button board.

It adds slightly deeper tones at least.
>>
its not nfc in a standard sense, although I think it falls under the nfc category because it is undoubtedly near field communication

There is an induction pickup in the box that senses em signals used by the phone speaker. I mimics the signal it detects from the phone speaker with its own driver.
It like a megaphone but it uses a magnetic pickup rather than an audio mic.

So I think it correctly states that there is no pairing. if you got two phone speakers close enough to the pickup it would probably try to play both of them.
>>
File: 1456528451383.png (59 KB, 162x200) Image search: [Google]
1456528451383.png
59 KB, 162x200
>>53364614
>Twin Towers Trading
>>
It's a mic, amp and speaker in a thin plastic box

Source : Used one
>>
File: 1456474359622.jpg (50 KB, 550x397) Image search: [Google]
1456474359622.jpg
50 KB, 550x397
>>53364751
>BINGO
>>
>>53365201
What the fuck kind of shit parties have you been to?
>>
>>53364614
>iPhone 5s
>iOS 6
>dual sim
>>
>>53364614
I own something similar to this and I'm pretty sure there's just a tiny microphone on the end which picks your phones sound, which is why it has to be oriented a certain way to work. Honestly they sound like complete garbage
>>
>>53366946
I was close, it uses induction to pick up the signal a bit like a guitar pickup. Then there's just a mic on the inside which picks it up.
>>
>>53365201
>>53365718
Yes, sounds like a shit party.
>>
>>53364614
>$30
What a rip off.
Kmart has them for $10
>>
>>53367302
also, I've opened one up and it has 2 coils on each side for sound input, like a microphone, wired up to a 2w+2w amp.
>>
>>53364802
>near field audio
>"The NFA devices do the same but they are sensing the EM field created by your phone and using that as the signal to be amplified."

that's fucking baller.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.