[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar ticles/tom-clancys-the-d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: Nvidia_logo.svg.png (26 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia_logo.svg.png
26 KB, 640x472
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/tom-clancys-the-division-game-ready-drivers-released

>Support for Vulkan API
>>
NVIDIAFAGS ON THE SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>Tfw i have both gtx 970 and r9 390
>>
AMD HAS NO DRIVERS
>>
>>53360024
MEMES
>>
>>53359933
>>53359986
>>53360015
>>53360024
>2 posters
nice samefagging, Rajesh
>>
i thought nvidia said no more game ready, performance improvements, monthly driver releases on their website? that they would only be available via geforce experience starting mid-december and the only drivers on their website would be 1 driver quarterly "stable drivers."

did they flip flop and change their mind?

also this is the second driver from them this month
>>
>>53360223
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

You can download all the drivers, people(AMDPOORFAGS mostly) love to make mountains out of molehills though
>>
>>53360223
Figures, they got intense backslash. Geforce experience downloads drivers from an http server anyway, there is no fucking reason to hide it
>>
Do nvidia pull numbers or is there some rules you are supposed to follow when giving version numbers?

They jumped from 362.00 to 364.47.

Three previous drivers have all been 361.xx.
>>
>>53360389
Driver branches

361/362 is previous driver branch

364 is most current driver branch
>>
>>53360389
New branch for Vulkan support probably? It's a major addition so they upped the version number
>>
>>53360419
So major they went up 2 versions? I think they have a rule in the company for version numbers that isn't explained outside, they might it explain if asked though.
>>
>>53359933
thanks senpai. gonna test that Vulkan vs D3D11 later
>>
>>53360015
I have Titan X and Fury X on SLIfire
>>
>>53360321
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/885576/nvidia-drivers-soon-only-available-through-geforce-experience/
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/10/latest-nvidia-drivers-to-be-locked-behind-geforce-experience-app/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2993272/software-games/nvidia-plans-to-lock-game-ready-drivers-behind-geforce-experience-registration.html

>Nvidia will still release quarterly driver updates via its website and through the OS-level Windows Update feature. But the Game Ready Drivers, which have included optimizations for every big-name game released in the past few years, will soon only be available to people who have signed up for GFE with an account tied to their e-mail address.

like op said, they were planning on removing that and making them geforce experience only for the latest and greatest game ready. the only drivers on their site would of been "stable, snapshots, one driver per quarter."

it seems like nvidia decided against it.
>>
what is this vulkan trash? why does it install it without permission? can I remove this bloatware?
>>
>>53360850
Vulkan is OpenGL with a new name.

Not really, but not incorrect either.
>>
>>53360959
should I keep it or just uninstall? is it just a gimmick like physx?
>>
lol @ nvidia bundling crapware with their drivers now

enjoy that sweet sweet Talos Principle with 90% of DX11 performance under Vulkan

Vulkan is more a PoC at this point than anything else. Maybe some meme indie devs will use it in a few years for some walking simulators.
>>
>>53360982
google it retard
>>
>>53361010
>STILL bringing up Talos
It has been said a thousand times, but as you don't really seem too capable mentally, i'll tell you once again
The game used a very early version of Vulkan and the Vulkan version was literally made as a proof of concept
>>
>>53361031
whatever, I uninstalled that shite
>>
>>53360982
Just fuck off to your containment board already.
>>
>>53361064
whatever m8y I just don't like bloatware, I uninstalled it...
>>
>>53361059
>The game used a very early version of Vulkan and the Vulkan version was literally made as a proof of concept
It's not why it underperformed. It underperformed because it was LITERALLY a fucking wrapper. No optimisation, AT ALL.
The fucking dev said this you fucking troglodytes. It literally only translated the calls to the vulkan API.
>>
>>53361087
You should uninstall direct x as well then, you idiot.
>>
File: Capture.png (28 KB, 656x361) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28 KB, 656x361
>click to download the drivers
>see pic related
>oh
>>
>>53361104
I already did, fucko
>>
You can't uninstall Vulkan, it's part of the driver just like OpenGL

Just ignore that faggot, he's nothing but an AMDPOORFAG troll
>>
>>53361141
I thought AMD were more involved with Vulkan than Nvidia?
>>
>>53361141
>you can't uninstall vulkan

fucking kek, I just did tho. it's a separate "vulkan runtime" install on windows
>>
>>53361151
Your thinking mantle?
>>
>>53361157
>I justid do kel
>>>/v/
>>
>>53361183
you look mad af there brother, chillax
>>
>>53361163
Vulkan is derived from and built upon components of AMD's Mantle API, which was donated by AMD to Khronos with the intent of giving Khronos a foundation on which to begin developing a low-level API that they could standardize across the industry, much like OpenGL.[3][9][13][14][15][16][17]

Mantle technology is used in Vulkan.

Mantle itself is dead.
>>
>>53361096
> It literally only translated the calls to the vulkan API.
Wait a second. It means XP users can get DX11 through that wrapper. Right?
>>
>>53361136
Good, now gentall instoo.
>>
>>53361259
Not sure it's that simple, likely the OS would just get unrecognized calls.
>>
>>53361259
Too much work.

Although a wrapper is currently used to play older DirectX games on Windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=499EdSQ5WPA
>>
>>53361259
In theory. You can already use the latest feature levels of OpenGL on XP to get DX11 level rendering.
>>
>>53360162
You were the 2nd poster
>>
I don't mean to be a dick and start up the whole flame war thing, but why do you guys put up with this stuff?

I mean, I have an Nvidia GPU... a Quadro thing in my laptop (which also has an Intel HD whatever), but if I were going to pick up computer gaming again and build a system, it would absolutely be worth it in my mind to opt for an AMD card that - as far as I can tell - may perform marginally worse and run a bit hotter, but won't force me and my PC into a yoke just to get drivers.

What a bunch of dicks.
>>
>>53361581
>don't want to start the flame war.
Then don't.
You can still get the drivers, even without gforce experience.
People are too used to a single button press for instant bacon when other options are easily available as well.
If you are too dumb to get the drivers then it's for the best to subscribe and like Nvidia(tm)
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.