[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, faggots. You're going to take a first-year com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1457259811318-tech.jpg (125 KB, 1211x1210) Image search: [Google]
1457259811318-tech.jpg
125 KB, 1211x1210
Alright, faggots. You're going to take a first-year computer science class at MIT.

https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-
computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-6

Register. It starts next week.

>But Python is for plebs!

Well, good thing that Harvard is running a course that uses C and recommends Linux. No excuses. This one is even self-paced.

https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x

>But muh blub languages!

I SAID NO EXCUSES. Here's a course that uses Scheme. This one is also self-paced.

https://www.edx.org/xseries/systematic-program-design

Those are your choices. If you don't choose any of these, you're a lazy sack of shit.

Even if you already know the basics of programming, you will almost definitely get something out of these if you haven't had a formal education yet. If we do it together, we can make threads about it and encourage each other. I'm doing the third one, and I've been programming for 2 years.
>>
>>53359429
>GOING TO HARVARD FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN LAW
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>53359429
>cs50
literally lolcats and plebs
>>
File: 1455596334803.jpg (327 KB, 1488x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455596334803.jpg
327 KB, 1488x1600
>>53359429
>you're a lazy sack of shit.
yes
>>
>>53359429
I already have a computer science degree.
>>
I know my college is shitty when I take a introduction to computer science and it's a free lecture from edx.

Thanks for reminding me OP.
>>
>>53359429
CS50 is for teaching your grandma how to computer
>>
>>53359429
Thanks anon! I need to learn basic programming to try and land a computational linguistics job and I'm taking this thread as a sign that I can do it!
>>
>>53359429
Started the second one.

Thanks for da heads up, OP. Can't wait to become a faggot.
>>
No I'm not because I'm already in second year CS
>>
>>53359533
So you're saying /g/ is going to struggle?
>>
>>53359429
You stole a thread from the other chan. Well done.
>>
your MIT one was weeks ago m8
>>
Why should I? I'm a high school dropout and live pretty comfy on autismbux.
>>
>>53361535
You probably want to vote for Bernie but won't because someone else will do it too, right? Fucking degenerate
>>
>>53361646
I don't care about American politics because I'm not an American.
>>
>>53359429
But I've already taken classes on programming anon.
>>
>>53359429
I took the MIT one, it was really good. Took me from being able to write shit like fizzbuzz to writing my own command line applications. I did python the hard way and could program but not very well. About halfway through 6.00.x something clicked in my head.
>>
https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-6
>>53359429
>>
>>53359429
Taking CS50. Should I be looking for EdX generals?
>>
>>53359429
Nah nigga, i'm taking the finances course, programming is for monkeys, niggers and transniggers.
>>
Congrats senpai, you stole a thread from /tech/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.