[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are NVMe M.2 NAND SSD's like the Samsung 950 Pro a Meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 22050801743l.jpg (37 KB, 800x320) Image search: [Google]
22050801743l.jpg
37 KB, 800x320
Are NVMe M.2 NAND SSD's like the Samsung 950 Pro a Meme?
>>
Yes, they make your computer extra dank and get you many le epic upboats on le reddit.
>>
It's great, don't be jelly.
>>
>>53358754
M.2 runs HOT. My old motherboard actually was burned under my M.2 slot. I had to replace the entire thing because of it
>>
Going from SATA to NVMe removes the controller latency of SATA.

But NVMe is really there to set us up for the death of NAND.

Its going to be replace by the new Non Volatile Memory from Intel, 3D Xpoint.

NVMe is Non Volatile Memory Express.

There wont be a SATA 4 like some people have been suggesting. And we wont be using NAND SSD's anymore either.
>>
>>53358810

You must have a shit board, no issues here.
>>
>>53358814
>3D Xpoint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWsjbqbkqh8
>>
the 950 pro is a meme, get the sm951
>>
>>53358814
You forgot NVMe killing your pcie bandwidth and crippling anything else on pcie
>>
>>53358835
they are essentially the same

You need to put on your trends forecasting cap and look into the future.

Intel is about to change the world of Storage.

They see it as a huge bottleneck to the CPU and they want to merge System and Storage Memory.
>>
>>53358845

Only for older boards, they build more lanes into the new ones. Its not a concern in the future.
>>
>>53358863
Intel just wants to trap you more in their botnet. Their cpus already listen to you while in use. Their storage probably uploads to some Intel dB for analysis without you even noticing
>>
>>53358875

This is 100% true, and we cant stop it.

All we can do is enjoy the benefits that trickle down to us.
>>
>>53358875
Intel is pushing for real time analysis of Data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQuu8gapFw
>>
>>53358875
Where I heard about the rumors of Intel integrating their NIC directly into skylake-e in order to bypass the OS I knew that shit was straight for spying.
>>
>>53358845

> That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works!

PCIe != PCI
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.