[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me remove this virus. I only have Internet Explorer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: last ned.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
last ned.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
Please help me remove this virus. I only have Internet Explorer on my PC and I have Windows 10. I'm a real noob to everything, so please bear with me. I want to open IE to download an anti-virus program other than Defender because it doesn't help shit, but I can't do anything while in my browser because everytime I try to just search for anything, tons of ads appear and ruins everything. Any tips? Please help me.
>>
Install Gentoo, it will remove the malware.
>>
>>53354509
That's the problem, I can't install anything...IE stops working before I can do anything and as far as I know, that's the only available form for internet surfing I have atm...
>>
The thing I get spammed with is called Reimage Repair...
>>
Winkey+R
Type in cmd and press enter
Paste this into the box (right-click, paste):
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_current/
Press enter

When it downloads, run it and install it. Have fun!
>>
File: DSC_0023.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0023.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>53354641
What am I doing wrong? :( it says "The file name, folder name or volume name syntaks (??) is wrong".
>>
>>53354699
You missed a space after the "
>>
>>53354699
Use a different fucking computer to grab the install files and the use a flash drive to install them. Also you sshould just reinstall the operating system. Use google.
>>
File: DSC_0024.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0024.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>53354741
I don't have a different computer and it's 6 AM, need this done before school.

And btw, I tried adding spaces, didn't work.
>>
>>53354741
I want to test out this method of grabbing mbytes on an infected machine since windows doesn't have wget. I'll just use this labrat to see if it's an ok workaround, then he's on his own with google.
>>
>>53354765
You wrote the line wrong again. Are you blind or something?
>>
>>53354776
Where did it go wrong lol
>>
>>53354802
iexplore
>>
>>53354813
Oh fuck me
>>
Okay thanks it's downloading now, scanning atm..
>>
Download Chrome on your phone and transfer it on your PC via Bluetooth, wifi or even an SD card reader.
>>
>>53354881
Thanks for the tip, trying out this malware-stuff first
>>
It's almost half way through scanning now, 22 threats detected so far. Will come back with updates on how it went
>>
File: 1453980915296.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1453980915296.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>Spoonfeeding
>>
>>53354920
Restart your computer, spam all your f keys. Boot in safe mode with networking. Download maleware bytes. Run the program while still in safemode and scan. Reboot as normal then scan again.
>>
>>53355005
OP got lucky since I wanted to test iexplore as a substitute for wget for winfags. Unfortunately the result is what we can expect from clients - retarded user doesn't know how to copy-paste, types it in incorrectly multiple times and blames it on the syntax.
>>
>>53355053
I didn't blame it on anything, and I didn't copy+paste as I'm on my phone on 4chan since I can't with my PC. Thank you for all the help, though.
>>
You are using Windows, that means that you need to live with viruses. Especially if you use Internet Explorer and not a functional browser.
>>
>>53355357
I use Google Chrome, but it wouldn't start unlike IE (even though IE didn't work).
>>
>>53355053
Yeah that was pretty neat and I made a mental note of it. Could come in handy at work.
>>
OP is trolling? If not this is how your personal data gets stolen
>>
This is why you keep two thumb drives handy. One with Linux, and the other with a bootable virus/malware scanner. It could save your shit bro.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.