[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4chan makes the plot of a video game. I'll start. A young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: game.jpg (9 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
9 KB, 300x233
4chan makes the plot of a video game.
I'll start.
A young man was lonely one night
>>
So he jerked off. The end
>>
So he had anal sex with Sullivan
>>
>>53353994
The story ends because this is /g/. Seeya!
>>
And he fucked off to >>>/v/
>>
Okay, let's try for real now.

A young man was lonely one night.

He decided he'll finally give Gentoo a shot, and proceeded to the Gentoo.org
>>
>>53354026
When he got there he saw Sullivan
>>
*proceeded to Gentoo.org
>>
He downloaded the Gentoo ISO but didn't know what to do.
>>
>>53354031
Who's Sullivan?
>>
>>53354031
When he finished downloading the ISO he quickly deleted it because it didn't used Systemd
>>
>>53354026
Soon after reading the manual, he came to the conclusion Gentoo was too fragmented to be of any use to anyone.

He then fucked off to archlinux.org where the package system doesn't need a custom kernel just to fiction.
>>
>>53354033
>not using https://gentoo.org
Being this botnetted
>>
>>53354051
He's Sullivan
>>
>>53354074
>arch
>for people who pretend they know how to use computers
Gentoo 4 lyfe nigga
>>
>>53353994
i think you clicked the wrong board
>>>/v/
>>
After researching ISO files and what to do with them, the young man finally burned Gentoo to a CD.
>>
>>53354083
>he proceeded to aich tee tee pee ess colon slash slash genoo dot org
>>
>>53354125
he was then flabergasted about needing to reinstall his optical drive after many years of not using it
>>
>>53354134
>he fell for the gentoo meme
>>
>>53354125
But as the young man took the recently burned disc off the trail, he saw his own reflection on the dvd. It wasnt just him... It was... GNU +him
>>
>>53354136
He proceeded to set up his disk as gpt, despite not having an EFI enabled bios.
>>
>>53354225
>It was... Gnu+ him

10/10

He realized that his new life had begun. He dropped the disk and ran to his phone, he needed to make an important call
>>
File: 4L_K7zXNJE7.jpg (122 KB, 1300x1018) Image search: [Google]
4L_K7zXNJE7.jpg
122 KB, 1300x1018
>>53354246
Oh shit!!
>>
>>53354327
but the phone did not charge and turned off instantly so the charge the phone and returned to pc to install gentoo
>>
He put on his robe and wizard hat, then installed TempleOS and made some badass hymns while smoking a doobie.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>53354488
The man, realizing he needed English lessons moreso than a Gentoo system, pawned his only computer, but was surprised to find that fifty dollars was "the best he could do."

*screen fades to black*
BioWare Presents

NEET A/g/e: Fedoragins

Mission One Start:
[ ] Acquire $400 more dollary-doos
[ ]Enroll in English 101
[ ]Get a job at Wired
[ ]Purchase a new computer
>>
>>53353994
And then, the man stared at his bar hands and realized how many things he has lost: his wife, his kids, and even The Game.
>>
File: the-game-with-no-name_7.gif (15 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
the-game-with-no-name_7.gif
15 KB, 640x400
>>53354743
> he lost at The Game
Most people lose, it's a hard game after all.
>>
File: 1451987677741.jpg (138 KB, 1290x860) Image search: [Google]
1451987677741.jpg
138 KB, 1290x860
>>53354074
I'd simply like to interject for one short while. What you're proclaiming to be Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I have of late taken to calling it, GNU with Linux. Linux is not an OS on its own, but actually another free component of a completely working GNU setup made practical by the GNU core libraries, terminal tools and necessary setup components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Quite a few computer holders operate a subspecies of the original setup every single day, without knowledge of it. By a unseen happenstance, the version of GNU which is broadly used now is often called "Linux", and many of its holders do not know that it is practically the GNU setup, produced by GNU.

There actually is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is simply a part of the setup they use. Linux is the kernel: the part of the setup that distributes the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is a necessary part of an OS, but useless by itself; it is only operational in the structure of a whole OS. Linux is normally paired with the GNU OS: the whole setup is practically GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. Every single-called "Linux" releases are really releases of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>53354903
'linux' didn't appear even once in his post
>>
File: 1453064527600.jpg (511 KB, 1584x1287) Image search: [Google]
1453064527600.jpg
511 KB, 1584x1287
>>53354977
I would simply like to interject for one second. What you're alluding to as Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I have lately taken to calling it, GNU with Linux. Linux isn't an operating setup on its own, but really another free piece of a completely working GNU setup fashioned into something of service by the GNU core libraries, terminal tools and required setup components fulfilling a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Quite a few computer possesors operate a changed edition of the GNU setup everyday, but do not know of. Because of a strange happenstance, the edition of GNU that is being being broadly utilized these days is often called "Linux", and a substantial number of its possesors do not know that it is in actuality the GNU setup, created by GNU.

There is in actuality a Linux, and this population do have it installed, but it is simply a part of the setup they use. Linux is the core: the part of the setup that distributes the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The core is an essential part of an operating setup, but cannot work on its own; it is only operational in the shadow of a whole operating setup. Linux is often utilized in combination with the GNU operating setup: the whole setup is in actuality GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. All of the alleged "Linux" distros are really distros of GNU/Linux.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.