[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people use the bloated piece of shit that is Firefox instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: DncJWGy.png (23 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
DncJWGy.png
23 KB, 512x512
Why do people use the bloated piece of shit that is Firefox instead of pic related?
>>
File: nightly.jpg (48 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
nightly.jpg
48 KB, 900x506
Why do people use the bloated piece of shit that is Chromium instead of pic related?
>>
They're all bloated.
>>
>>53349555
because nothing works with Firefox Nightly.
>>
who fucking cares

why would you make this thread

no really who fucking cares what shit you use to look at other shit
>>
To be quite desu all browsers are complete garbage, just like the web itself.
>>
>>53349577
Because I want a new browser.
>>
>>53349313
>google
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>53349643
>chromium
>google
>>
>>53349313
>Chromium
>a browser the size of some desktop linux installs
>>
>>53349741
That could be due to the fact that something is working in chromium
>>
>>53349313
They don't though. Furrycux is under 10% as far as market share goes, and still falling.

>>53349741
Chromium's installer weighs in at 37.9MB. Lighter than Furrycux at 42.7MB.
>>
>>53349800
>still second fiddle to Explorer
>>
ITT: autists on /g/ sperging out on which browser is better...

>just to shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>53349577
At least use punctuation.
>>
>>53349660
>chromium
>not Google
>>
>>53349941
>open-source
>google
>>
Enjoy your 100% CPU usage even with just 1 tab open.

It's apparently a known bug but don't have a fix
>>
>>53349570
I've been using Nightly for over a year as my primary web browser. Everything works fine.
>>
>>53349570
You have to install the addon which diasbles compatibility checks, retard.
>>
>>53350182
never experienced this
are you talking about chrome or chromium?
>>
>>53350792
>same logo
you're a fucking retard
>>
>>53350308
https://twitter.com/EmpireConway/status/706469623726804992
>>
>>53349313
>no proper color management
>incomplete CSS support(common, it still doesn't support numerical font weights, a CSS1 property!!!)
>sandboxing eats lots of memory
>requieres manual compilation to completely debotnet it.
>>
>>53352532
And i forgot the last one:
>it's becoming the new IE6
>>
>>53349313
Because pic related has no equivalent of Random Agent Spoofer.
>>
>>53349313
firefox is not botnet, do you understand what I just said you NSA
>>
>>53352595
False, however, debotnetting it is far easier than Chromium/Chrome
>>
>>53352549
How's that
>>
>>53352612
yep, unsing google for web research
>>
i use firefox mainly. it uses less memory (most of the time) and it's easier to end the process and keep all tabs.

it's only one process in task manager, whereas each chrome tab has its own process. i only end the firefox process when the memory leak gets too big (using more than 1.5GB of memory)

i only use chrome when a site doesn't work with firefox + noscript + requestpolicy
>>
>>53352685
unusing
>>
Chrome(ium) may be bloated in its resource usage, but I find it runs smoother overall than Firefox. Firefox doesn't lag constantly, but it lags enough to to be more annoying than Chrome.
>>
>>53349643
good job confirming that you're retarded.
>>
Why aren't you using Vivaldi?
>>
>>53352573
uMatrix agent spoofer works just fine.

>>53354231
Because it's just chromium with awfuly bloated JS ui. Also, the UI is somewhat buggy, though sleek looking.
>>
>>53354231
People here are suggesting to use Google Chrome. This thread is cancer.
>>
>>53349633
Then use Vivaldi
>>
>>53354231
>the huge pointless bar above address bar
Is this 2000 again?
>>
>>53354372
>it's just chromium with awfuly bloated JS ui.
It has a lot of nice features now. Extensive customizable keyboard shortcuts, a session saver , tab stacking , and an option to suspend unused tabs. It was garbage before but its really coming together. Unfortunately it still has the blink engine cpu bug and watching HD videos uses 50 percent if my cpu. So I've siwitched back to nightly for now but I'm keeping an eye on it.
>>
>>53349313
>vimperator
>noscript
Fuck yourself.
>>
>>53349313
>Why do people use the bloated piece of shit that is Firefox instead of pic related?
It doesn't have tree-style tabs.

If a less bloated browser with a proper tree-style tabs addon came along, I'd use it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>53355089
ever heard of tabs? or are you browsing from your windows phone's internet explorer?
>>
/mu/tant here

Why is Chrome bad?
>>
>>53354071
Still phones home. Any 'secure' forks I researched either modify the code to phone to their own servers instead or are just ancient when compared to Chrome. Just stay away from Blink browsers.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.