[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 30 seconds to name one thing wrong with this company
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: images.png (5 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5 KB, 512x288
You have 30 seconds to name one thing wrong with this company without resorting to
>muh botnet
>>
Terrible YouTube content ID shit.
>>
Intrusive ads, malware in their app stores, experiments on people that are using Chrome instead of a browser, somewhat broken captcha.
>>
>>53347177
THIS ^^^
THIS RIGHT HERE
HOLY SHIT THIS SO MUCH
i cannot BELIEVE how much YouTube's copyright system is broken. my god i hate that shit so much
>>
>>53347160
allowing people to "react" to videos
[spoiler] steal [/spoiler]
>>
YouTube is still tied to Google Plus.
They share your Google Play reviews with contacts without asking, which is retarded if that contact is someone you know from business.
They dont accept many common forms of payment.
Chrome doesnt allow history to be deleted on closing the browser.
Google maps reviews have no quality control.
>>
>>53347160
Nearly all of their products except for Maps, Chrome browser and Search are complete shit.

Their customer service is NONEXISTENT.
They regulate youtube on a completely automated basis with no opportunity to contest strikes against your account unless you're a 1 million+ subscriber youtube star.
>>
>>53347273
Chrome is shit, too.
>>
>>53347268
They dont offer customer support to free accounts (unlike Microsoft).
YouTube gives in to copyright trolls.
>>
Advertising company
>>
>>53347285
>chrome is shit
then why did all browser ditch their rendering engines and switch to webkit?

Why is firefox copying the chrome look?
Chrome won.
>>
jews
>>
>>53347273
>unless you're a 1 million+ subscriber youtube star

Even then you're fucked desu senpai. A lot of larger Youtubers have complained about Google ignoring them when it comes to this shit, despite how much money they rake in for them. The whole system is complete garbage, but companies tend to go after smaller channels as there's less blowback. Someone like Linus making a video slamming them would be bad for their image, whereas they can bully small channels and only a handful of people will care.
>>
>>53347298
>then why did all browser ditch their rendering engines and switch to webkit?
Mozilla is testing out Servo, a Rust-based engine.
>Why is firefox copying the chrome look?
>what is Classic Theme Restorer
>>
>>53347298
Chrome is fast and Google abused their advertising power to spread it. After that, websites have bloated themselves to shit, so all browsers that aren't multiprocess have started to lag like shit.
>>
>>53347324
>classic theme restore

I specifically remember firefox announcing the deprecation of their old add-ons API and switching to a more sandboxed API that allows no significant changes to the UI, like chrome does.
>>
>>53347210
>experiments on people that are using Chrome instead of a browser
this, fuck google's a/b testing without an opt-out option. when i install chrome on multiple devices i want to have the same browser on each not be forced to have multiple tiny differences between them so that google can keep making incremental >50% of people wanted this thing changes
>>
>>53347350
nope, still using CTR
>>
File: welcome to the botnet.png (424 KB, 800x810) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the botnet.png
424 KB, 800x810
>>53347160
Deep ties to the US government and foreign policy establishment.
>>
>>53347350
> switching to a more sandboxed API that allows no significant changes to the UI
If they do this I'm embracing the botnet.
>>
I believe that the people behind Google are the most powerful on this planet simply because they own one thing, information.
>>
File: 1455598465493.webm (451 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455598465493.webm
451 KB, 480x480
>linking gmail, youtube, and google plus all into one account

and that's when I deleted my youtube account
>>
>>53347361
Is this why "open image in new tab" is above "save image as..." On my desktop but not on my laptop?
>>
>>53347160
Name one thing wrong with dying without resorting to
>death
>>
>>53347502
yes. you think that's bad? i have 3 different behaviors for hiding extension buttons from the toolbar on my desktop, work laptop and personal laptop. laptop thankfully still has old behavior, on my work laptop you can move some to be hidden behind a >> button still on the toolbar but on my desktop you can no longer hide the buttons the only option is to "hide in chrome menu" which puts it underneath the hamburger menu even further to the right
>>
>>53347160
They took the internet in the wrong direction. Google was the first real company to get its way into main stream, every day people's lives. "Google it" became a saying because people knew Google had a quality search engine that provided quick and good results.

Then they fell for the Facebook meme.
>>
Their Google Plus shit otherwise nothing.
>>
>>53347577
so, everything?
>>
>Every time they make a new product that isn't immediately the most popular in it's field, they give up completely and trash it later
>The one time they didn't is when no one wanted google plus and they forced it on everyone anyway, and then gave up on it
>Google Play has no "Download anyway" button
>Can't change gmail address, have to make a completely separate account just for gmail
>No google now on desktop
>No desktop applications at all except for drive
>"A browser is all anyone needs anyway :^)"
>"Everything needs to be blinding white, that's good design"
>"You don't need scrolling tabs, just close some of them"
>People asked them to improve Hangouts, instead they abandoned it to support carrier based messaging
>Google Music requires an extension to upload music for no reason other than to stop you from using other browsers
>Said extension uses the same name and icon as the built in Play Music webapp
Just off the top of my head
>>
>>53347160

1. They destroyed YouTube
2. They manipulate search results, they delete entries
3. They have too much power in terms of controlling the news, visibility of information, people's mail etc.
>>
>>53347160
YouTube Red.
It's the biggest fuckup they've had in recent years.
>>
File: Google-Reader.png (101 KB, 1183x679) Image search: [Google]
Google-Reader.png
101 KB, 1183x679
>>53347160
Killing Google Reader.
>>
>>53347799
This was purely a business decision.
Google reader did much more than simply keep track of RSS feeds, it actively generated RSS feeds for sites that didn't support RSS by tracking changes regularly.

This put them in the unenviable position of being stuck processing shit tons of data without the ability to monetize any of it.
>>
>>53347573
Nah, they just perfected data analysis to its absolute art form.
And don't forget the google motto: don't be evil!
>>
>>53347922
They dropped the motto nearly 10 years ago.
>>
Their Android OS is on too many shitty, slow phones, giving the company and the operating system a bad name.
>>
>>53347941
Actually they "dropped" it not so long ago:

Alphabet, which took over as Google’s new holding company on Friday, has dropped the tech giant’s “Don’t Be Evil” mantra from its code of conduct.

“Employees of Alphabet and its subsidiaries and controlled affiliates should do the right thing—follow the law, act honorably, and treat each other with respect,” the new code reads, noticeably dropping the famous motto.

http://time.com/4060575/alphabet-google-dont-be-evil/
>>
>>53347160
Is not mine
>>
Ruined YouTube, doesn't give a fuck about its customers as evident by the ruination of all services under it, from YouTube to castration of Gmail and other features.
Anti-consumer Chrome protocols of blocking any and all addons in any way possible, that improve services that Google hasn't itself, or which are helpful in blocking ads.
And Google docs is horrible.
>>
File: Google_-G-_Logo.svg.png (88 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Google_-G-_Logo.svg.png
88 KB, 2000x2000
>>53347160
Google Images
>>
>>53347797
>name one thing wrong with this company
>YouTube Red It's the biggest fuckup they've had in recent years.
>>
>>53347160
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>53349816
Are you agreeing or disagreeing?
>>
chromebooks dont have a full on package manager even though they have a full on dev mode designed to let people create content for chromeOS

its some shit, all i want is to able to install screenfetch without having to do a manual wget install
>>
>>53347292
>YouTube gives in to copyright trolls.
>tfw there are videos from the actual official channels of some shows that were taken down because of DMCA bullshit
>>
>>53347273
>>>53347160 (OP)
>Nearly all of their products except for Maps, Chrome browser and Search are complete shit.
>Their customer service is NONEXISTENT.
>They regulate youtube on a completely automated basis with no opportunity to contest strikes against your account unless you're a 1 million+ subscriber youtube star.

I recently had two community flags on screen videos of me just writing code. I disputed both of them and the flags are gone.

I don't know if they actually hired humans or just made the bots a little less strict but seems like it is not as bad as it used to be.
>>
dam ur rite, time to join teh botnet...
>>
>>53347160
It's an advertising company. That is a problem because the influence of demand in capitalism, (I.e. capitalist market mechanism of good products succeeding and bad products failing) is not able to do its thing when consumers are bombarded with propaganda thus the economic basis to our civilization is undermined. Products should survive in their own merit.
>>
>>53347160
Jews doing jewery.
>>
>>53347160
Moot
>>
>without resorting to
But thats a huge part and very important
try naming one good thing besides
>muh nuthin2hide
>>
Botnet.
>>
Everything.
>>
>>53347160
itll be decades before they bring their internet to my area
>>
>>53348113
I love Google Docs desu.

I use it to write content of my website togheter with other people.
Unlimited space with easy local backups.
You can add stuff on your phone when you're not at home.

The only two things I can wish for is making the management of access rights easier. And better MS Office compatibility.
>>
>>53350125
The performance and the browser breaking urges are horrible for me.
I mainly use it for reading Chink novels and helping with editing.
>>
>>53347160
>>53347273
>Their customer service is NONEXISTENT.

Even if you're a paying customer, there is zero customer support. We use Google for Work (or whatever the fuck it's called now) and have been unable to update the address on our Google listing for over a year and a half.

We changed our website to link to Bing Maps instead. But people still go to the old address because they trust Google implicitly. I'm putting together a proposal to switch over to Microsoft's cloud bullshit instead.
>>
The new logo is awful
>>
>>53347218
>>53347177
>>53347216
My niggers <3
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.