[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone and their grandma have a computer with an i3 or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: WR1.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
WR1.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
>everyone and their grandma have a computer with an i3 or i5
>the only thing they use their computers for is browsing the internet
This makes me mad
>>
The fuck else am I supposed to do??
>>
>>53343014
I feel you. I'm slowly getting into programming and a CPU upgrade would be nice, but no... I'm stuck here with an AMD Athlon II X4 9650...
>>
>>53343072
If you can't afford an upgrade you must be a shitty preogramer
>>
>>53343092
Or maybe a hobbyist?
Most people on /g/ are hobbyists
>>
File: 16-phenom-x4-9650.png (17 KB, 407x390) Image search: [Google]
16-phenom-x4-9650.png
17 KB, 407x390
>>53343092
As I've said - I'm just learning. Picture related.
>>
>>53343114
Your comment wasnr important enough to read all the way faggot
>>
>>53343014
>tfw most people's computing needs could be fulfilled by a cheap windows tablet with keyboard and mouse
>tfw people still buy $500+ laptops and desktops to edit msword files and browse facebook
I wish people started identifying their needs already
>>
So find a way to tap into all that unused computing power, or stop whining.

t. botnet
>>
try counseling, then you won't get mad of shit that doesn't matter
>>
its a ploy by the government to give everyone spare processing power so that normies don't see the slow down that will occur from the botnet programs that are data mining your resources and bodily fluids
>>
>>53343163
What do you expect? Normies walk into Best Buy and get whatever's on sale. Maybe a salesdrone tries to convince them they don't need a core i5 and 8+ GB of RAM to browse Facebook, but oh well.
>>
>>53343092
Must be a nice gate protacal
>>
I work partially at best buy for my rep job and people always get i-series processors because they don't like AMD and they don't want any chance of their computer being slow even though 90% of them only use office and the browser
>>
>>53343163
its more about the hardware. if its something you use everyday it's not hard to justify paying more for having better screen, better keyboard, better touchpad and better build quality. And if you are paying for all those the companies aren't going to pair them with a shitty celeron
>>
>>53343163
>will last 3-4+ years if taken care of properly
>might see daily use
>isn't worth investing $500 in

My parents have a HP that came with an i3 4160, 8gb ram they got last year, and it still runs really well. I was even able to play World of Warcraft on it, off the iGpu when I visited them. This thing should last them at least until 2019 if they take care of it. The most demanding thing they use it for is 1080p netflix and running Ancesty.com.
>>
>>53346063
The thing is that your average normie WON'T take that much care of their computers
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.