[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things /g/ actually got right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: shitssocash.png (866 KB, 573x514) Image search: [Google]
shitssocash.png
866 KB, 573x514
I just wanted to pop in and thank you guys. I just installed Waterfox after being too lazy to get off of default Firefox and the performance increase is making my nipples as hard as diamonds.

Sometimes, between all the memes, you get it right /g/.

Since I don't want this thread to be totally pointless, post examples of times you followed /g/'s advice and it was actually a pleasant experience.
>>
>>53342626
Install Gentoo
>>
I went ahead and killed myself. I can honestly say my life has taken a turn for the best. I am happier than ever.

Killing yourself
I can recommend it, OP
>>
But does waterfox have extension support?
>>
>>53342705
Yeah, I installed it and it automatically had all of my extensions from firefox already installed. I didn't have to configure anything, so it must use common files with firefox or imports automatically.

So far everything works perfectly but it's been like 20 minutes so it's not quite fair to judge yet.
>>
Just installed it now, it's a little bit better, I've had lots of problems with Firefox shitting itself lately.
>>
if you think waterfox is fast you should try chromium
>>
>>53342626
You're experiencing the clean install syndrome.

Install literally any other browser (including a fresh install of Firefox) and you would notice the same feeling.
>>
>>53343931
>chromium
>not ultron
pleb
>>
>>53342626
I'm using the 64 bit development version, what's the point of waterfox?
>>
I installed OS X and Debian. Best operating systems I've ever used. Thank you, /g/.
>>
>>53344126
Except it's not a clean install. It imported everything from my original install, preferences, history, cookies, extensions, everything. I'm literally using it to the exact extent I was using Firefox. Memory use didn't improve but page loading did and general stutters are gone.

>>53344140
As far as I can tell it's just a pre-tweaked firefox with no major changes.
>>
>>53343829
You can thank the affirmative action, women's studies, all-female workforce for that. They spent 6 months and thousands of company dollars on removing code they thought was racist.
>>
uTorrent being a botnet
>>
>>53344175
how can code be racist
>>
>>53344224
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150802/20330431831/github-nukes-repository-over-use-word-retard.shtml

it's gone beyond "racism" it's "anything offensive to anyone"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.