[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /g/ recommend Thinkpads? The Dell Precision series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1457267431655.png (985 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457267431655.png
985 KB, 750x1000
Why does /g/ recommend Thinkpads?

The Dell Precision series laptops are much better.
>>
>>53342547
You could just get a Macbook Pro
>>
>>53342547
>>>/gas chambers/
Filthy degenerate scum
>>
>>53342786
Nothing wrong with cute boys being girls
>>
cheaper
more gadgets and "neat" features
>>
>>53342547
Why are you a paedophile?

Real women are much better.
>>
>>53342821
I'm a pdf.file
>>
/g/ has a boner for those bricks of a laptop for good reason. You could get about any laptop and it would do the same thing for the same price, sans the clit mouse which I don't even like
>>
>>53343456
*for no good reason

Ugh, time to go to sleep. And dream about traps
>>
/g/ recommends Thinkpads now because of tradition largely. Modern Dell Precisions are superior.
>>
>>53343571
Seeing a company get rid of a dell precision when the warranty expires is not anywhere near as common. You get them second hand from a large company during their hardware refresh, and never buy them new.
>>
>>53342547
Chinkpads are popular because they're modular and you can get something like an x220, replace the screen, add more RAM and an SSD for about the same price you paid for it. ($150-$200)

Ultimately, it works like this.

>Dirt cheap ($100-$300) - Thinkpad/Latitude. Basically the same kind of laptop. Typically Thinkpads have a better display if you get the IPS screen.

>Budget ($300-500) - This is where Dell dominates. Most Lenovo laptops around this price are really bad. This is also where you get into other brands like Toshiba and Acer.

Midrange ($500-$1000) - This is where you buy an XPS 13 or a Macbook Air. Nothing really compares.

Upper tier ($1000-$1500) - Once again, you get an XPS 15 or Macbook Pro. Nothing else can really compare.
>>
Search for those ThickBads crash test videos on YouTube
>>
If you don't understand why /g/ loves Thinkpads, you're part of the problem with this board. Just another consumer shitter with no interest in technology beyond using it.
>>
>>53344531
People who actually use and understand technology use Apple MacBooks. Losers like you are still pathetically stuck on the bandwagon.
>>
>>53344888
This.

Go to any college class or job site where someone's using a laptop, 9/10 times it's going to be a Macbook Air or Pro.

I'm not saying there aren't other good laptops out there, but most people in the tech field use Apple laptops because they're well-made, robust, sleek-looking, great displays, god-tier trackpad.

The only downside is their price, but when you compare it to the competition, it sort of evens out.
>>
>>53342547
She has a really weird chest
>>
>>53346610
That's because it's not a she anon
>>
>>53345425
>The only downside is their price
nah, the keyboard is a huge downside to Macbooks. I'm typing this on a T500. It doesn't feel as good as a proper mechanical board, but it's better than most desktop rubber-dome boards, and head and shoulders above the chiclet garbage on thinness-uber-alles Apple gear.
>>
>>53346685
I can agree with that.

Still, given all that, $1300 for a pretty well-built laptop is not bad.
>>
>>53342547
Work in IT. See which laptops get in the most.
It is not lenovo and it is not asus.
Shit laptop breaks down
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.