[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes Linux so comfy, anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160306_211600.png (337 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160306_211600.png
337 KB, 1366x768
What makes Linux so comfy, anon?
>>
File: GNU_Compiler_Collection_logo.svg.png (277 KB, 2000x2360) Image search: [Google]
GNU_Compiler_Collection_logo.svg.png
277 KB, 2000x2360
>>53341351
gcc is freedom
>>
нaхyя y тeбя в зaклaдкaх /v/, пpыщeблядoк? пo ютyбy пpoхoдишь?
>>
Because it doesn't constantly try to shove cloud garbage and online registrations in your face. Because it isn't trying so hard to show you how awesome it is. Because it doesn't try to be cute with messages like "Oh something went wrong too bad lol :^)" and instead tells you what is broken.

All consumer tech is fucking garbage. Desktop Linux is not for the average consumer and that is why it can have these advantages.
>>
>>53341404
Дa
>>
>>53341444
нy лaнa
>>
>>53341438
>Desktop Linux is not for the average consumer
I genuinely believe that distros like ubuntu are actually more friendly to users that Windows. Ofc they have some problems which you can't solve without googling and some computer experience but the same for Windows
>>
>>53341438
>and instead tells you what is broken.
Except for Gnome
>>
nothing
>>
>>53341438
>>53341512
>distros like ubuntu
this is the other great thing
windows tries to cater to EVERYONE possible, and in turn bloats and fucks everything up

if you are a power user, you will use one of the more customizable distros
if you are stupid or just lazy, you will use ubuntu
if you have a server, you will use a server distro
etc
you only get the things you want
>>
>>53341799
You can strip down Windows Server Versions as well, but the regular home-user won't ever get their hands on using one.
>>
>>53341351
>I know what is in my system and what it does; I have control over updates
>I can run python and whatnot in a terminal window and save the output to a text file
>I can log in multiple users at once
>comfy DE
>No adverts in OS and no other BS either
>More stable than bios on my motherboard
>Noice font rendering
>>
>>53341404
>>53341444
>>53341492
Is Russian a difficult language to learn?
>>
>>53341351
>Why?
To calm autism
>>
>>53342164
yes
>>
>>53342164
Learning cyrillic won't be nice
>>
>>53342164
yes if you ask that
>>
it just feels friendly
>>
>>53344777
This
>>
It's not trying to sell you shit every hours or so.

>enter your product key!
>update you antivirus!
>this is a demo version of Office, get the full copy!
>have you paid for winrar yet?
>drivers no longer available for your device, please buy a new one!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.