[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instead of downloading images I always right-click, copy and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
Instead of downloading images I always right-click, copy and paste into paint so that only the image data is preserved, removing any embedded data. Maybe I should also make it a habit to perform image analysis to detect watermarks which could have the same function.

What are some tin foil hat tier things you do?
>>
Go on /g/
>>
>>53340568
/thread
>>
>>53340548
use AES-256 for redtube
>>
>>53340548
Nothing anymore. I used to never log in to my email account while being on other websites, using proxies if I wanted to find someones facebook, not use a smartphone, store even unsensitive stuff on encrypted drives and similar stuff. Grew out of it and realized life is too short for all that autism and that I'm better off just not giving a fuck. I'm still careful enough for anything that really matters.
>>
>>53342410
how?
>>
>>53340548
you know that said image data will be preserved because of the way paint saves stuff, right?

Well done retard. Install gentoo.
>>
>>53340548
geez, aniki. just write a script that does that on your downloads folder with exiftool or something.
>>
>>53340548

Don't sites like 4chan and imgur strip exif data?
>>
File: 007df8d94c80fac690d2763f298eec3f.jpg (548 KB, 5000x3333) Image search: [Google]
007df8d94c80fac690d2763f298eec3f.jpg
548 KB, 5000x3333
>>53343959
It does but you can still embed data using stenography.

>pic related
>>
>>53340548
Why not just scrub it with one of the thousands of image viewers that can scrub metadata?
>>
>>53342738
That's right; you have to special paste for the data to not be transfered. You need to use a screenshot tool to get the image without the embeded data.
>>
good job fucking up the images hash.
>>
>>53345613
>not just taking a photo of it with your phone
>>
>>53344011
DON'T OPEN THIS
IT SENT ME TO FEDERAL PRISON
>>
I use HTTPS Everywhere and Adblock.
>>
>>53345786
>not just drawing a picture of the picture
>>
>>53340548
mac change on public wifi
never login to personal stuff on public wifi
>>
>>53343959
yes on imgur. not sure 4chins
>>
OP install gentoo and use imagemagick.

> $ mogrify -strip image.jpg

clears exif. even the spooks use it. taking pics on your phone is stupid, use a pint-and-click like an oldfag
>>
>>53340548
>not taking a screenshot
>>53344011
opened it on a mobile device, nothing happened
now tell me, what would hapen if I did the same on a windows system? I know they have embedded code auto execution off by default but what if it's something executing on the browser itself?

I need someone to enlighten me since I'm interested in following the system security route in my university
>>
>>53346010
>Adblock
UBlock origin is where it is at senpai
>>
>>53340548
Why don't you write a program that automatically does that to all images in your download directory?
>>
>>53346223
I image he's just put a tyrone or banana link in the bottom of the image like more /g/entoomen do when they mention stenography
>>
>>53346010
How is that relevant?
>>
>>53346034
>not just keeping a mental imago of the picture
>>
>>53340548
i do the same thing OP , but it's more automated than your method
FNAME="$(date|sha512sum|cut -c-20)"
TARG="$(xclip -selection clipboard -t TARGETS -o)"
if [[ "$TARG" =~ "image/png" ]] ; then
/usr/bin/xclip -selection clipboard -t image/png -o > /media/ramf/$FNAME ;
/usr/bin/optipng /media/ramf/$FNAME -out /media/ramf/$FNAME.png ;
rm /media/ramf/$FNAME ;
fi

I only have to copy image to clipboard, and Win+V to execute this script
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.