[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As long as you use Spybot Anti-Beacon and don't login with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot__40_.0.png (855 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot__40_.0.png
855 KB, 1920x1080
As long as you use Spybot Anti-Beacon and don't login with a Microsoft account is there anything wrong with using Windows 10?
>>
>using windows 10

literally computer fedora
>>
>>53340350
what

linux is objectively the fedora of the operating system world

freebsd is the trilby
>>
does that anti beacon program slow down windows at all / or does it actually make it faster since it's turning off all of the telemetry, etc. stuff?
>>
>>53340338
You never know OP. It is closed source.
I don't want to believe MS engineers are that retard. They must've examined anti beacon themselves
>>
File: 1457189820070_1.jpg (470 KB, 1280x1727) Image search: [Google]
1457189820070_1.jpg
470 KB, 1280x1727
>>
File: image.png (202 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
image.png
202 KB, 365x363
>>
File: 1440567962181.png (1 MB, 939x1284) Image search: [Google]
1440567962181.png
1 MB, 939x1284
>>53340338
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lupgHYiK9Q#t=1575
>>
First of all, you should consider looking into more than one Win10 privacy program. Besides Spybot Anti-Beacon, look at DestroyWindowsSpying (open source), O&O ShutUp10, W10 Privacy, etc... many of them have different options available etc. Also, you'll want to consider running your privacy program after major windows updates, as they can often reset things to default permissions or otherwise undo your handy work.

As far as anything "wrong" with it, well...you mean privacy wise? Well there's the ethics of supporting them at all, but besides that it has already been shown that MS has been unwilling to seriously discuss their privacy issues or make changes to their TOS even though people are worried. Given that Win 10 is proprietary software, you can never really know it does what it says. Previous versions of Windows have always had backdoors (see NSAKEY in XP) and stuff for government buried deep, but with Win10 this is the first time you have to worry about corporate bullshit, with MS acting like Google and every other slimy data-miner etc... is it possible they COULD resist acting this way? Sure, but they could do a lot more to help allay users fears if they weren't planning to play "big data" fuckery.
>>
>>53340338
If you are a faggot, you shouldn't use Windows.

>Microsoft has come under some criticism for its attitude to homosexuality and Xbox Live. Users may not use the string "gay" in a gamertag (even in a non-homosexual context, for example as part of a surname), or refer to homosexuality in their profile (including self-identifying as such), as the company considers this "content of a sexual nature" or "offensive" to other users and therefore unsuitable for the service.[79][80][81] After banning 'Teresa', a lesbian gamer who had been harassed by other users for being a homosexual, a senior Xbox Live team member, Stephen Toulouse, has clarified the policy, stating that "Expression of any sexual orientation [...] is not allowed in gamertags" but that they are "examining how we can provide it in a way that won't get misused".[82][83] GLAAD weighed in on the controversy as well, supporting the steps that Microsoft has taken over the years to engage the LGBT community.[84]
>>
>>53340597

Not him but how do I even install this DestroyWindowsSpying program? I don't know shit about open source stuff but fuck, why is everything so complicated? I had to google how to open the fucking readme file because it was in a weird as fuck format I've never seen before and the thing doesn't have any actual instructions at all so I'm left with some weird files I don't know what to do with. Sorry, I'm not well versed into this shit at all.
>>
Full opened Windows 10 is still better than linux distos which is spyware itself running by the hacker community. literally sending every single your activities to their home server.
>>
>>53340851
lol xDDD
>>
>No proper CLI
>Everything is a fucking registry
>Only a handful of C-libraries available and they are Microsoft's shit versions

Meme OS that's good for office documents, gaming and facebook.
>>
>>53340897
Powershell isn't a masterpiece, but it's at least decent
>>
>>53340860
No joke here. Main distoributer of those open source is kids in school who love tricky things. and these distos are collecting every single activities as the encrypted file. yes. no progoram to send it to outside. but they can hacking in really easialy if they want.
>>
It's kind of sad when OSX is becoming a viable operating system because of MS spying.
>>
>>53340935

Why do you sound like the guy I call up for tech support? Is Microsoft paying you guys to shill here since Windows 10 was a flop?
>>
>>53340338
I would use it if I had cash for a legal license. In my lame country Windows costs half of my rent or even more.
>>
>>53340935
you're either trolling (with no luck), retarded, or >>53340960
>>
>>53340960
No. I'm just talking a truth. There is no way to stop spying at this age. which is better to give your personal tendency? NSA or some randam kids?
>>
File: pajeet tech support.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pajeet tech support.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
>>53341084
>>
>>53341084
Wow..

Im starting to believe windowze has its own little hasbara shill movement going strong..
>>
Can you finally drag and drop now with UAC enabled?
Let's say I have a portable program from one of my computers and I want to drag and drop a file into it.
Would it still retard itself to death like it did on Win 8, 8.1 and 10?
Or do I have to disable UAC through regedit and fuck up all ModernUI elements just to make THE most fucking fundamental feature to work?
>>
>forced updates

that's what's wrong
>>
>>53341258
Just shut down the windows update service, first thing I did
>>
>>53340338
No. I use Windows 8.1 with disabled updates and no Microsoft account and I'm using the same installation from more than a year. Never had any issue, still works great.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.