[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I dampen the hard drive vibration noise? My NAS set-up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: nas.jpg (136 KB, 900x564) Image search: [Google]
nas.jpg
136 KB, 900x564
How do I dampen the hard drive vibration noise?

My NAS set-up looks like this.
>>
>>53338833
Throw it out and buy a SSD.
>>
>>53338833
a folded-up towel
>>
File: iphone-cup-speakers-lol.jpg (54 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
iphone-cup-speakers-lol.jpg
54 KB, 1024x768
Take it out of the bucket, the bucket will amplify the hdd noise.

>pic related
>>
>>53338854
Wouldn't that increase heat?
>>
File: letterd.png (1 KB, 163x224) Image search: [Google]
letterd.png
1 KB, 163x224
> NAS
> No redundancy
Living on the wild side, eh?
>>
>>53339041
It's a shitty seedbox.

No need for replication.
>>
>>53338948
You didn't ask to make it flawless. You asked for a solution and one was provided.
>>
Option 1 is get an ssd

Option 2 is get a case
>>
use foam tape to attach it to the box. Should decouple it adequately, and will also prevent it from walking around.
>>
That's pretty amusing
>>
>>53338833
Fill it with mineral oil
>>
>>53338833
Fill it with mineral water
>>
>>53338833
Buy some soft rubber or foam of fair thickness, cut into squares and put one in each corner of the drive. Should dampen noise a lot and allow some air under the drive.
>>
>>53338833
warp a couple rubber bands around it
you can even wrap them
>>
Can I get a technical diagram of this beautiful setup?
>>
Is that a Banana Pi?
>>
>>53340561
No, Cubieboard 2.
>>
>>53338833
Water should dampen it.
>>
Any kind of airy foam. I use that in my pc case, it's even rigid enough for me to have cut little "tunnel" of air on the surface the HDD rests on.
>>
set the AAM to silent
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.