[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What music streaming service (if any) do you use? Do you also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
What music streaming service (if any) do you use?

Do you also subscribe to said service? Why, or why not?
>>
>>53337460
None.

No.

Downloading it for free is cheaper and more convenient.
>>
>>53337473
>more convenient
that's not true
>>
>>53337460
Stolen Spotify account and that's it.
>>
>>53337503
No, it's definetly true. I can listen to it anywhere, any time, without needing to worry about an internet connection, on a simple, botnet-free MP3 player.
>>
>>53337473
How is going to a torrent site, whether private tracker or public, and downloading the album/song then putting it on your phone more convenient than just opening up an app, searching for the album/song and instantly having it ready whenever you want?

>>53337517
Why are you stealing Spotify accounts?
>>
Spotify with ads blocked
>>
XBOX... I mean Groove... music.

I subscribe to it. Just convenience since I'm always on windows.. But I'm just 1%...
>>
>>53337530
>How is going to a torrent site

Sorry senpai, you fell at the first hurdle. I use a private site that uploads to Mega, where downloading is as simple as clicking a link and unzipping my music. No seeding, no bullshit.

If you think dragging and dropping a bunch of folders is complex, I think it says more about you than me.
>>
>>53337523
You do can do the same on streaming services. Have music available even while offline.
>>
>>53337582
I never said anything about complexity, I was just asking how unzipping, dragging and dropping folders is more convenient than just searching for a song and playing it.
>>
>>53337623
I don't want to use my fucking phone or any other device that uses "apps" and has a ton of meaningless bullshit to play my music. I like my simple MP3 player, and I'm going to continue using it. Call me when I can download totally DRM-free files from these services.

>>53337640
I'm asking you how fiddling about with silly apps and using a needlessly complex device to store music from a streaming service or needing to have an internet connection at all times is more convenient than just having a massive collection of music at my fingertips, anywhere, any time. The files only have to be transferred once, and then they're there forever. No reauthenticating or needing to connect to the internet ever again. Provide a meaningful explanation as to why this isn't more convenient. Or don't bother, because you can't, and will just be wasting your time trying.
>>
File: ..something.png (17 KB, 153x151) Image search: [Google]
..something.png
17 KB, 153x151
>>53337740
I don't even know how to react to reading this.
>>
>>53337530
>How is going to a torrent site, whether private tracker or public, and downloading the album/song then putting it on your phone more convenient than just opening up an app, searching for the album/song and instantly having it ready whenever you want?
Because doing that gives me a " song/artist not found" error on every streaming service :^)
>>
>>53337764
Of course you don't. Your bullshit has been called out, so you're resorting to memes and meaningless prattle to deflect attention. Nice talking with you, senpai. Enjoy paying for the "convenience" of being tied to DRM.
>>
>>53337740
>massive collection of music at my fingertips

>bigger collection than spotify
but you are wrong
>>
>>53337793
If you say so.

>>53337773
Spotify and Google have been pretty decent in having rather unknown artists.

What bands do you listen to that just do not exist on streaming services?
>>
I pay for Spotify.
Worth it.
>>
File: WBMqlesZ_400x400.png (56 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
WBMqlesZ_400x400.png
56 KB, 240x240
rip Aurous and freedom in general
>>
>>53337817
Who said anything about bigger? I listen to the music that I like. If you want to convince yourself that there's some sort of value in having the latest shitfest from some teenie bopper band or nigger rapper at your fingertips (provided you have an internet connection of course, so convenient!), that's your issue.

>>53337823
I do say so. Bye now!
>>
>>53337823
try Aldious, Mary's Blood, Mardelas to name a few.

The last time i tried looking for them in GPM and Spotify i got no results.

Also it had like one or two albums instead of the entire discography for some bands.
>>
I pay for Google music and the basic slacker premium service ($4 plan, not the $10 one). I don't like ads, I get data-free streaming on slacker through my mobile carrier, and Google music is like Spotify but can also integrate my personal library, plus free YouTube red is a plus
>>
>>53337823
I agree with the other dude. I've got my rather large collection, a suite of iPods and all my music wherever I go. How do you Spotify on an airplane? You use that network?
>>
>>53337460
Apple Music.
Yes. I like listening to music in the car.
>>
>>53337946
I don't know about Spotify, but Google Music does a great job at caching/downloading music ahead of time while you're on Wi-Fi, so you always have something to listen to if you lose connection.

Both Spotify and Google give you the option to download your music for offline access, so if you're on a plane or subway, you'll still have access to your music.
>>
>>53337946
Offline mode
>>
I use DI fm mostly. Loves me some classic euro disco.
>>
Soundcloud & Youtube. Don't really need anything else.
>>
>>53337953
Cause you can't do that on the other platforms..?
>>
>>53338039
When I have an iPhone and a rMBP it makes sense to just get Apple's first party service.
>>
>>53337844
Distributing unlicensed music is a guaranteed way to get shut down.
>>
Pandora with Pandora Patcher Xposed module for free premium.
>>
>>53337460
http://google.com/?q=%48%6f%77%20%64%6f%20%49%20%66%69%6e%64%20%63%68%69%6c%64%20%70%6f%72%6e%20%61%6e%64%20%6b%69%6c%6c%20%74%68%65%20%70%72%65%73%69%64%65%6e%74
>>
>>53337740
>needlessly complex device
Because my phone dose more than just play music retard, i dont want to carry around more devices anymore if i dont have to
>>
>>53337863
>I listen to the music that I like

Me too, as i assume most people here do as well, but having a streaming service like GPM all access lets me explore more music that i might like
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.