[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm craving to quit FB, but how can I "replace" it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: fbq.png (164 KB, 326x323) Image search: [Google]
fbq.png
164 KB, 326x323
I mean, there're a lot of pages and groups I joined on FB and I'm thinking of quitting FB.
But how will I keep updated on the activity of the pages I'm following?
Since most of them have a site/blog, I could create organized bookmarks and read them individually, but is there a better solution?
>>
Get real friends.
>>
Turn off your computer, take a walk, reexamine your priorities
>>
>>53333444
Twitter
>>
>>53333451
>>53333462
I'm not talking about friends' pages. I'm talking about tech pages and, in general, pages about a particular topic that keep me updated about it.
>>
Tinfoil app, its a wrap for Facebook that cuts back on some of the botnet

Wear your tin foil hat irl fit maximum autism
>>
I use skype and my phone, no problems so far. A year in on this.
>>
>>53333539
hope you're trolling me.
>>
>>53333444
Just use an RSS reader like Owncloud news or any github project. It just need a webserver.
>>
smart phones and social media are just a meme brah
>>
Get an RSS reader ffs. It's like Facebook except without zuckerberg removing articles he doesn't like and actually in chronological order
>>
>>53333593
>>53333641

But then the site I'd like to get ahold of should provide RSS and not all of them do it. Right?
>>
>>53333658

They all do RSS. If you can't find the RSS link do view source on the page and ctrl-f RSS or atom and lo it appears
>>
>>53333641

pretty much this

RSS was created just for this
>>
>>53333709
This don't work. Most webpages don't have any rss links , not even in the source code.
>>
>>53333444
just quit and join GNU social
https://gnu.io/social/
>>
>>53333658
>>53333788
Those site must be avoided. There is a standard, facebook don't and can't replace a news feed. If you didn't find it, ask them.
>>
>>53333808
I love GNU initiative, but there's litteraly nobody on these network, just like Diaspora, it's empty.
>>
>>53333808

>>>53333891
This.

>>53333836
What about those services who create an rss out of a website? Like this: http://feed43.com/
>>
>>53333444
I'm in the same boat as you, OP. I'll feel too disconnected from current events if I deactivate my facebook account. Twitter just doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>53333444
Try Reddit, they need you and you need them.
>>
>>53333444
Online forums can fill the void.
>>
Why are you "craving" to quit facebook if you actually use it
>>
>>53333984
Yeah, but that's a community.
I need something that keeps me updated on specific websites. RSS it's perfect. There's just the problem that some site may not provide it. (few, but still)
>>
>>53333444
You are retarded. There is no saving you. Good luck.
>>
File: copyrighted_profile.png (54 KB, 607x521) Image search: [Google]
copyrighted_profile.png
54 KB, 607x521
>>
>>53333444
>I'm craving to quit FB, but how can I "replace" it?
same, but with 4chan
nice digits btw
>>
>>53334007
>Why are you "craving" to quit heroin if you actually use it
>>
Is there something that i can set keywords and if any news arcticle it Pops up for me ?
>>
>>53334460
yes. Most RSS clients make you do that.
Feedly, for example: http://blog.feedly.com/2015/08/21/find-and-filter-the-best-content-on-the-web-with-power-search/
>>
>>53334031
you could access facebook pages without an account, no commenting or "like"ing tho
>>
>>53334577
any rss client recommended on Android?
>>
>>53333490
4chan boards
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.