[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me to upgrade. Droid 1 (A855) on 2.2 Froyo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: droid 4.jpg (232 KB, 525x429) Image search: [Google]
droid 4.jpg
232 KB, 525x429
Convince me to upgrade.
Droid 1 (A855) on 2.2 Froyo.
>>
Cyanogenmod can get you to 2.3.

Otherwise, if all the apps you want work, fuckit. That was the best phone I'd ever owned.
>>
>>53333238
I miss that fucking phone...
>>
Why should i?
It's a great phone
and it's desing perfectly blends with your food stamps :^)
>>
>>53333238
I wont convince you
Battery degradating and eventually exploding will
>>
>>53333238
I won't, but maybe this song will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>53333238
You're missing out on the botnet and the latest NSA backdoors.
>>
>>53333238
Browsing on internet must be a horrible experience
>>
>>53333238
Don't waste your money, anon.
If it runs just fine, w/o annoying you with lags or other problems, keep it.

It obviously suits your needs. This is also a super duper secret concept that some on g do not understand
>Buy something that really suits your needs realistically.
>aka you probably won't need that 2.2 ghz quad for anything a grown up phone user would do.
>>
>>53336986
Or he browses the net like a normal human being, on a screen that is bigger than a fucking pack of smokes. aka a pc or laptop.
>>
>>53333238
What apps are you using?
>>
>>53336379
This.
Buy a new battery instead op.
>>
>>53333238

If it works for you, sure.

Personally I find android phones from that era to be painfully laggy. Does not matter how many custom roms you dick around with.
>>
>>53336379
>eventually exploding

No it won't, you dumb shit.
>>
I bought the Moto G at Wal-Mart for $25 last year and it's still the best phone I've ever had. Keep in mind the most expensive phone I've ever bought was a $100 Galaxy Core Prime (Which sucked ass).
>>
>>53337206
The feeling of knowing that you can have an absolute decent phone for so little money must make you giggle, everytime you see those dumb sheep argue about 500$ phones.
>>
Buying flagships are a meme, OP. I could afford the latest iDevice or Samsung flagship, but my chinkshit Redmi 2 I got for 50 bucks on some /csg/ site gets me through the day just fine.

I find no compelling reason to upgrade anymore. My phone runs the same apps and fulfills the same function as any other smartphone. More niggahurtz, more cores, more RAM, and ridiculous displays adds no value to my life, neither does muh build quality or muh fruit logo. If you spend more than 2 hours a day on a fucking smartphone, you are a retard. I will use my phone until it breaks or fails I the future, and then I will get a new one within the same price but often with higher specs, enjoying all the benefits of rapid technological innovation.
>>
>>53337403
K
>>
>>53333238
>Stagefright
>Heartbleed

switch
>>
>>53337206
What? $25? The 16gb 1rst gen is $115 on Amazon
>>
>>53333238
because anything with android 4.0 or faster is smooth as fuck
>>
>>53337569
There were sales on black friday. It's still limited to some carrier, but prepaid and 25 bucks is a steal.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.