[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HTC One M7 and M8 General.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 1430475977_629422492[1].jpg (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1430475977_629422492[1].jpg
61 KB, 800x600
Anyone still using phone of the year 2013 (HTC ONE M7) or Phone of the year 2014 (HTC One M8).

The M10 is coming soon, expect another failure as Scott Croyle is no more with the company.

How long are you guys planning to hold on to your M7/M8?

Facts:
M8 has the best community support, with new Roms coming out daily.
M8 is one of the best purchases still as it's sold in the 300$ range now.
The M8 is considered as a incremental update to the M7. However those increments are overlooked as the M8 gained 50% more battery life than the M7 with better louder speakers.
The M8 performs better than the M9
The M8 has better battery life than the M9
The M8's 5 MP ultrapixel camera has better quality than M9's 20 Megapixel.
>>
I'm using an M8 for 1,5 years now. Getting a new contract in september/October, going back to iPhone sorry to say.
I love the phone, I do not love Android.
>>
>>53325370
>The M8 performs better than the M9
I dunno about that, everything else is pretty much true though.
>>
I use the M8 with Android Revolution HD
I will keep using it until it breaks. Still fast and smooth
>>
Does anyone know where the stock KitKat ROM is for international m8s?
>>
I have M8 using google play edition rom.
I don't have a reason to upgrade for another 3-4 years.
Smartphone development has stopped like 2-3 years ago anyway
>>
I have an M8 for past year and few months now. It's flawless performance wise with some very minor hiccups (like keyboard not popping up sometimes). Build quality is decent but the edges are marked up now, but I believe that is my cases fault.

Also the screen is not very usable on a bright day.

8/10 phone
>>
>>53325370
M8 owner here for almost 2 years, never thought to change it during that period.

The HTC 10 ( there is no M this time), is almost released, I'll look for it if it is really powerful as the M8, if so, I'll buy it.
>pic related , the leak of possible htc 10
>>
File: htc-10-01.jpg (63 KB, 1400x817) Image search: [Google]
htc-10-01.jpg
63 KB, 1400x817
>>53328504
>pic
>>
Bought the M8 early last year to replace my One X+.
Loved it.
I love it even more now with Sense 7 and Marshallow on it.
And it's fucking robust.
Dropped it numerous of times and it's never gotten a single scratch.
Hopefully it'll stay alive for another year.
>>
>>53328525
N-no BoomSound...?
>>
File: CctyFi8WoAAh-7C.jpg (23 KB, 600x1019) Image search: [Google]
CctyFi8WoAAh-7C.jpg
23 KB, 600x1019
>>53329336
The leaks says it has it internally
>>
>>53325370
I love my m8, it's one and a half years old now
the only thing is the battery life, it's good but i would love it to be a little better
>>
File: CctPU0bWoAEftqQ.jpg (9 KB, 600x254) Image search: [Google]
CctPU0bWoAEftqQ.jpg
9 KB, 600x254
>>53329588
>>
File: CctlDhDW4AE47m6.jpg (59 KB, 600x1029) Image search: [Google]
CctlDhDW4AE47m6.jpg
59 KB, 600x1029
>>53329608
And the benchmark
>>
I bought my M8 a month ago and i really like this phone, it's somewhat big because I'm a manlet but whatever. The aluminum feels nice too.

Running stock rooted 6.0
>>
Just bought a grade A refurbished M8 a few weeks ago for $150. Money well spent; I really like is so far. Had been using a droid bionic for the last 4 years so it was a nice upgrade.

Sucks I had to pay $25 to get it rooted, but at least the option was available.

I'm on Verizon and should be getting marshmallow in a few days.
>>
I have an M8, it's shit. It lags constantly, and every now and then the keyboard will refuse to pop up, forcing me to restart the phone. It also feels like a gigantic bar of soap in my hands with how slippery it is.

The antenna is also shit. I will be in an area where I can't get service while my friends who have the same contract with the same company are standing next to me getting 3 bars of 4G. Seriously, what the fuck. Everything else about it is pretty good though.
>>
>>53330650
>Sucks I had to pay $25 to get it rooted
wait what
>>
I'd trade my m9 for an m8.
>>
>>53328525
>fingerprint sensor is not horizontally centered
this triggers me as much as the old black bar and onscreen buttons. everything else looks fine for once.
>>
>tfw want to try iphone but can't do without xposed modules
>>
Am I the only one with an m7? Everyone is talking about the m8
>>
>>53330858
that niggo got his phone s-offed as "rooted"
>>
>>53331141
Oh right the Sunshine thing.

I think i got lucky that my refurb m8 was rooted + s-offed when i bought it, also in pristine condition with no scratches/dents or anything.
>>
>>53330882
I would trade it with you because i am more interested in the looks than the practicality.

But unfortunately mine is in pretty bad condition now.
>>
>>53331202
s-off is kinda useless, isnt it ?
>>
>>53325370
Anything past the M7 is junk, its literally the best phone ever made
>>
Hate my M8. Verizon locked the bootloader, can't root.
>>
>>53331232
Pretty much, the only real benefit i think of being s-off is to port your phone from Sense to GPE or the other way around.

I was going to do that but after a while Sense stuck on me, it looks nice and works well.
>>
>>53325370
Next time, on /g/:
>Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 General
>Samsung Galaxy S5 General
>Samsung Galaxy S6 General
>Nexus 4 General
>Nexus 5 General
>Nexus 6 General
>Nexus 5X and 6P General
>LG G2 General
>LG G3 General
>LG G4 General
>LG G5 General
>LG V10 General
>Motorola Moto X General
>Motorola Moto G General
>Motorola Moto E General
>Sony Xperia Z2 General
>Sony Xperia Z3 General
>Sony Xperia Z4 General
>Sony Xperia Z5 General
>Apple iPhone 4S General
>Apple iPhone 5 General
>Apple iPhone 5S and 5C General
>Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus General
>Apple iPhone 6S and 6S Plus General
>>
>>53331090
>>53331245
M7 master race
if it only had a decent camera
>>
>>53325370
>tfw the screen on my M7 cracked
it was the best phone. ever. What should I do now?.repairs are impossible.
>>
>>53332602
get an m8 or another m7 of course
>>
>>53331269
b-but no. i run stock gpe on a s-on phone that used to be a sense one
>>
File: IMG_6762.png (3 MB, 2156x1660) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6762.png
3 MB, 2156x1660
>>53325370
Using mine with Marshmellow. It's mostly been a good phone, except the camera is not very usable.

After installing Marshmellow, I've been getting some random bugs, like I couldn't answer calls manually, I had to enable automatic answering, tabs in Chrome sometimes don't render until I put them in multitask mode. The camera app sometimes simply disappears after I take a picture, then I have to switch to it again.

Other than that, it works great, nothing to complain about. But I'm not a very demanding user, I don't game on it, I don't rice much, just installed Nova and some custom fonts, and used Muzei for dynamically changing backgrounds.

Other than that I've tried to cut all the bloat. Altho, I can't do much about bloat and I don't want to root it yet, since it still has a lot of warranty time left.
>>
>>53332633
i meant what should I do with my old one, kekkkkk
>>
>>53331262

You have to use Sunshine like I did if you want root.
>>
I stopped using my M7 in january after getting a Nexus 6.

I still kind of miss it sometimes, except theres a streak of the screen where the digitizer stopped working and wont register presses
>>
Still using my Google Play Edition M7. Aside from the horrible, horrible camera, I see no reason to upgrade.
>>
>>53325370
Still using my M7, camera is horrible and the speakers are broken but its really hard to find a replacement since its external design and build quality is so good. Not entirely sold on the following designs since they feel more like a dildo than a streamlined high quality phone.

I may go for the A9, I was really tempted by the iPhone 6 design but I cant handle IOS and seeing this one makes my fingers itch.

>>53332602
>>53333138
Repairing it is fucked up hard (ranked lowest on iFixit out of all smartphones AND tablets) buts its still possible.

A replacement screen isn't to expensive so you might as well try to repair it.
>>
File: 1436126471335.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1436126471335.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>>53325370
Still got my M8. Not very good in my opinion. Slippery with gimmick camera that doesn't perform well.

Lollipop has slowed it to a stall, probably can attribute a good portion of that to clover however.

My first android expedition from years of iPhone and I really did like the freedoms even without root like a 4chan app or something like newpipe.

Unfortunately though the lagdroid meme is ever present, perhaps a reset would do some fix. But all the bloat of Gapps and AT&T and who knows the fuck what all trying to run makes trying to use Snapchat unbearable. If Microsoft could make a nice phone I would jump aboard for my next contract or whatever next fall but that is unlikely. It is conducive to a windows ecosystem since their isn't a chromebook with the applications I need.

The M10 might have the punch needed it seems from the rumours to last me another two years of intense usage, a pocket PC.
>>
>>53325370
The One M8 is a complete piece of shit. I miss my Xperia.
>>
>>53335964
A reset is fucking necessary imo. Mine periodically gets to a point that it's barely usable if I don't. I've also had a problem with the fucking thing getting to where it won't charge, because it stays in USB host mode. I fix tha by booting into safemode and then rebooting. Some people say that doesn't work for them though.
>>
>>53336524
>>53335964
What the hell did you guys do??

I been using M7 from a day 1 and this phone is still working same when I got them
>>
>>53336759
They probably bought carrier locked phones.

I got mine unlocked and it works great. Never needed any reset.
>>
>>53336885
>carrier locked phones
i forgot these things even existed

kek
>>
How root M9 /g/?
>>
>>53338356
install gentoo
>>
M8 owner here. Got it the day it was released. Had to have it replaced once because it would no longer charge at normal speed even with the original charger. I've loved the metal casing for the durability and the performance hasn't been too bad. I'm switching to a Galaxy S7 Edge though because my contract is up and I'm a fag for that curved edge gimmick.
>>
>>53336885
Mine's not.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.