[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you support a company that lies to and jews its customers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: bullshit.png (58 KB, 1279x758) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
58 KB, 1279x758
Why do you support a company that lies to and jews its customers?
They purposely mislead you, trick you into signing contracts thinking that their services will cover more than it does, and fuck you at every turn.
>>
>>53325317
because the average man watches youtube in 144p my man :) trust me, i am verizon, your bro XD now hand me that 30$ you little shit!

people are stupid! that is your short answer
>>
>>53325424
>>53325317
As I left verizon the other day after getting the info I needed for another company to buy me over, I walked past a sales rep coming back and telling an old couple "great news, we were able to save you a ton of money by switching over to the 16gb plan, right you you have unlimited and you really don't need that".
From the sound of it there was more than just the old couple on the plan.
>>
What do you use, Google Fiber? Here in Chile we have GTD manquehue which are 100 mb/s for 160$ mo :)
>>
>>53325904
That is for a cellphone company that has wireless.
Here in america we have been getting fucked for a long time.
Even normal wired internet is run by jews. The companies here say that "Americans don't really want fiber optic because they wont use it" and they also impose insane bandwidth caps to encourage people to watch television instead of watch stuff online.
>>
>>53325317
I'm on Verizon prepaid. $45 a month for unlimited calls,texts, with 2gb of data. Extra data is $20 for 3gb. I consistently get 30-50mbps, and Verizon won't throttle you when you purchase more data, unlike everyone else. No way in hell I would switch to boost/sprint and have to deal with that shitty network. I understand YMMV, but there seems to be some paid shills on this board here lately.
>>
>2015+1
>data caps
>>
>>53325317
I guess they calculate with 720p or 480p netflix/yt quality shit.

I just calculated that if 20 mins of cartoonhorse from itunes is 1 GB then this shit cant even stream one and a half hour from it
>>
>invent everything
>get fucked when they try to use it

'muricans

I highly enjoyed my 25Mbps unlimited, unthrottled internet for $7/month while I lived in Bulgaria

Seriously though, internet is garbage in most Anglo countries, Australia was the fucking worst mates
>>
>>53326292
I think they are calculating 240 or lower.

>>53326298
Dont even get me started on throttling.
my vpn takes my internet form 50mbps to <1mbps.
The only reason I keep it is for it to take the hit from a ddos, fuck them and their throttling bullshit.
>>
>>53325317
Just get a prepaid straighttalk plan. I get 5 gigs a month unlimited talk and text for $40. It's a second teir verizon connection but it still has LTE connectivity and I've had service just about everywhere I travel.
>>
>>53325904
Too bad GTD doesn't have coverage in this part of Chile.
>>
>>53325317
> Americans and their datacaps

You Americans sure love to be fucked in the ass. You have datacaps on everything. $30 for 4GB. Man, that would never happen here in Norway because we have a government ISP that is indirectly controlled by the public vote. And if a private ISP tries that shit then people would just go to the government ISP.

Norway must be a nightmare for Americans. If you want datacaps that might be arranged for a extra fee, but it is a custom plan so you might need to pay the wages of someone setting it up and making sure to stop you at the cap. Most Norwegians just go for the 100Mbs for circa $20/mo without any datacaps because we arent idiots.

America is also way more densly populated than Norway so it makes no sense.
>>
480p youtube is 1mbit/sec

1mbit = 125kB/sec

4gb = 4,194,304 kB

~ = 9.31 hours of playback
>>
>>53326494
well anon, like my employer always says.. You gotta make sacrifices in this day and age, everyone got to do their part!
>>
>>53326554
Who the fuck watching anything in 480?
>2015+1
>watching analog cable quality video
>>
>>53326554
haha, maybe they assumed 360p?

bastards

>>53326494
I agree that internet should be regulated like a public utility like water or electricity at a basic level (ex 5Mbps, 25GB/mo), with private companies providing premium services.

But seriously, FUCK throttling. Are there even blackmail options to pay in countries with ISPs that do it? As cucked as I am, I would gladly pay $15/month on top of what I already pay now so that they didn't fucking throttle my gaming, torrent, and video traffic.

I mean, what the fuck is even the point of buying fast internet if everything I do on it is going to be pathetically speed limited.
>>
>>53326717

nah i'd rather not have censorship and anti-racism laws like they do in yuropistan

also all of those plans are unlimited, except that they stop serving lte data after the plan yiu pay for
>>
>>53326717
>haha, maybe they assumed 360p?
And they assume emails are 5 charecters in length
>, torrent, and video traffic.
you mean your piracy traffic, now pay the million dollar fines and go to federal butt rape jail for 5 years you evil vial theif
>>
3 UK has 1terabyte of data for just 20£
>>
>>53326769
no, you have to use wifi after the data runs out.
>>
Oh my god it feels so good being in the UK, £15 a month for 150mbps fibre optic, and we haven't had 'limits' since the 90's.
>>
>>53327727
I know right. VM just upgraded me to 200mbps and it's fucking hot.
>>
>>53327727
Those are data plans for a wireless company.
But there are limits for normal internet too, here you cant go over 300gb a month or you get hit with a huge bill
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.