[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey VIM and EMACS fags!why dont you use the best free , open-source
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
hey VIM and EMACS fags!why dont you use the best free , open-source , multiplatform , extensible , lightweight editor (atom) in the world?
>>
Obvious troll is obvious.

Now I'm fucking :wq outta here.
>>
>>53324089
Because I find other text editors to be better.
>>
File: 6666666.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
6666666.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>gui
>lightweight
bait taken
>>
File: atom-logo.jpg (9 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
atom-logo.jpg
9 KB, 600x200
it's logo looks beautiful and modern compared to those shitty 80's emacs and vim logos.
>>
code looks beautiful in it.
>>
>>53324128
>Now I'm fucking :wq outta here.
>:wq
motherfucker completely forgot this was a thing, been doing :w :q
>>
>>53324089
There is concern and discussion about two packages that report various data to external servers.[16][17][18][19][20]

metrics package: Reports usage information to Google Analytics. By default, Atom reports usage information to Google Analytics, including a unique UUID v4 random identifier.[21] According to the authors, this is to determine the performance and know the most-used functions.[22] This feature can be disabled by the user by opening the Settings View and searching for the metrics package.[21]

exception-reporting package: Reports uncaught Atom exceptions to bugsnag.com.[23] This feature can be disabled and, unlike the 'metrics' package, it is not mentioned to the user after installing. Another concern is that "the description of exactly what data is being collected is very lacking."

No thank you.
>>
>>53324299
you must really hate features.why dont use notepad.exe then.
>>
>>53324278
ZZ works too.
>>
>>53324278
> a thing

it's like the one of the first lessons in vimtutor, jesus
>>
It's so fucking slooooooooooooooooooow

Literally trash compared to ST3, which again is trash compared to vim.

That's all OP.
>>
>>53324362
one of the first things learnt and forgotten
>>53324360
huh didnt know of that one
>>
>>53324089
Text editor vs IDE
If I'm a reatard can I still use a text editor as easy as an IDE and get shit done?
>>
>>
>>53324360
Always using that one
>>
>>53324467
yes.for example what you see on OP's gif is a plugin for c# development called omnisharp
>>
>multiplatform
Can you run it on headless arm device that I access via ssh?
Didn't think so.
>>
>>53324530
can you run emacs on a headless arm device that I access via ssh?

and if yes whats the point? why dont just go back living in caves because houses are bloat.
>>
>Hey guys let's make a code editor INSIDE a browser!
>>
>open a small xml file in atom
>try to use code folding
>takes several seconds
>0.001 seconds in Sublime
Into the trash it goes
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.