[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"your mouse is broken" >"but it was working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1455064683920.jpg (82 KB, 555x526) Image search: [Google]
1455064683920.jpg
82 KB, 555x526
>"your mouse is broken"

>"but it was working yesterday"

That doesn't make it any less broken today fuckhead.
>>
many people are accustomed to things failing gradually; when a perfectly functional item ceases to work suddenly said people are inclined to suspect the actual failure lies elsewhere in the chain,
>>
/g/ - Your Blog
>>
>>53319594
no. you're supposed to say "Yes sir, right away. Sorry for the inconvenience." now back to work
>>
File: Bubbles is displeased.jpg (26 KB, 627x627) Image search: [Google]
Bubbles is displeased.jpg
26 KB, 627x627
>Wifi is unhealthy, it gives you radiation y'know!
>>
File: noplease.gif (962 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
noplease.gif
962 KB, 384x216
>>53319682
Had so many cxs turn off there wifi routers every night for this reason.

I once had this lady cry on me when I told her there's radio waves all around us emitting from everwhere, then I told her the sun gives us more radiation she just lost it.

>mfw I was there just to fix her DVR
>>
>>53319594
>Sticker/tape over laptop's built-in camera.
>"My wi-fi is broken" = button is turned off.
>"My sound is broken" = button is turned off.
>"I can't open this website" = Java popup with Run/Cancel options. Won't hit Run.
>>
>>53320204
I love you.
>>
>>53321014
hallo reddit
>>
>>53321048
Hi
>>
File: k23893346771112.jpg (37 KB, 650x411) Image search: [Google]
k23893346771112.jpg
37 KB, 650x411
>on the phone customer computer isnt working
>'haha, im in the real world now, noone is dumb enough to have it be unplugged'
>boss tells me to ask customer to physically check if its plugged in
>it wasnt
>>
>Something scheduled in environment stops working
"So what changed?"
>nuh-nuh-nothing, I swear
>it's my fault they broke it
>>
>>53319682

>Buy tons of routers.
>Turn down Tx power in firmware.
>Market as "Reduced Radiation Routers!!!"
>Sell at 400% markup.

This is how you play the game.
>>
Jjsixisjsbdnd I do tech support for government and holy shit people continuously go on about how it was working before. YES, THINGS BREAK FROM USAGE AFTER TIME. Not everything is built as great as others even off the same assembly line.
You don't have to drop it or smash it to break it.
>>
>>53320204
I've completely had this. "All things emit radiation. Light is radiation. You're just confused." And she was all "I'm never shopping here again how dare you lie to me!" And left but then like the next day I saw her in the produce section so who's lying to who's face bitch.
>>
>>53321143
>produce
What the fuck was she complaining about radiation for in the first place?
>>
>>53319594
>get complaint about mouse
>give them a new one without even looking at it because it's a fucking mouse and i don't care
>>
>>53321083
>2 star review

>I can barely get any wifi reception, even from the next room over. I would expect much better range from a $400 router.
>but at least it didn't give me cancer
>>
>>53321003
>sticker/tape over laptop's built in camera
This really isn't that dumb since it's possible to hack into a webcam. And there's no loss of functionality if you don't use the camera in the first place. The only time it gets retarded is when people spend $8 on those special covers designed specifically to cover up webcams
>>
>>53321256
It's the dumb way people do i.

You could just draw over the camera with a sharpie.

It won't be noticeable at all.
>>
>>53321256
Unless they are EFF stickers ;^)
>>
>RING RING
>ANON , BIG WIG NEEDS YOUR HELP IN CONFERENCE ROOM RIGHT NAO
>go there
>ANON THIS DAMNED COMPUTER ISNT WORKING AND ITS NOT SHOWING UP ON THE SCREEN I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT I HAVE IMPORTANT MEETINGS WITH OVERSEAS PEOPLE AND I CANT HAVE THAT HAPPENING EVER AGAIN IN HERE BECAUSE....
>walk up
>shake mouse on the table a bit
>screen turns on

happens a lot more than you would think, that or the tv being turned off or its on the wrong input
>>
>>53321223

>See some poor reviews.
>Disable Wifi in some of the routers.
>Bundle in some ethernet cables.
>Market as "The R-3 Next!!!"
>"Electron channeling technology now eliminates all radiation AND improves speed!!!"
>Markup another 200%
>>
>>53321383
>>53321223
>>53321083

>Purposefully spreading misinformation and technological illiteracy
>In this, the era of the evolution of information; the digital age.

How can you live with yourselves. You're actively destroying mankind.

This is how the corporations win.
>>
>>53321442
>This is how the corporations win.

What are you, a fucking shadowrunner?

Who even is paranoid about corporations other than tumblrites and redditors?
>>
>>53319594
Having done car repairs for work, I can sort of understand why someone would think this. Usually, shit fails slowly and you notice it's getting bad (keys not working first press, or hard drive getting louder and louder), or with cars, grinding or other noises that get worse and worse. Or, for things like cars, you get sudden failure which usually sounds more like "clnkclucnkclunkBANGBANGBANGBANGCRUNCH" as smoke pours from under the hood as a rod decides to leave the block.
Electronics that were perfectly fine yesterday (or I admit it, I've debugged things and skipped over parts because "that shouldn't fail") generally leads to the thought of "it's not x, it was working perfectly-what else is wrong?"
I've even seen experts get caught on component failure of a normally extremely reliable part failing-and not any of the other off brand parts known to be prone to failure being the things that went out.
>>
>>53321476
>Not having a healthy suspicion of corporations

Chummer, I...
>>
>>53321056
>'haha, im in the real world now
rookie mistake
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.