[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is >>>/sci/7908060 true? Is all the vidya hate on here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: CS hatin v.png (52 KB, 1195x258) Image search: [Google]
CS hatin v.png
52 KB, 1195x258
Is >>>/sci/7908060 true? Is all the vidya hate on here because you suck at them?
>>
I suck at fast games. But I like slower games like Civilization and Europa.
But then again I don't hate on gaymers too much. Just the type with the stupid laptops/headsets/keyboards.
>>
>>53317779
Yes. I doubt there are many gaymen savants. You have play games to be good at them and gaymes are for children.
>>
I suck at slow video games
My friends usually kick my ass in strategy games
I'm pretty good at rhythm games and fighters
CS major currently working in embedded dev
>>
>>53317779
Pretty much this >>53317886

You have good reflexes and spatial awareness? Good luck translating that into a job.

I don't hate on games or gamers but that post is just ridiculous op.
>>
I like vidya games, i just don't like vidya gaymers.
They are like that pack of emo/punk kids at every highscool.
They think they are cool and the only reason people don't like them is because they aren't as "cool" as them,
but in the end society as a whole sees them as autistic faggots.
In the same manner, vidya gaymers are autistic faggots.
>>
>>53317779
How can you suck at something that you've never done?
>>
I can afford sucking at video games since i have a job and a life.
Can video gamers afford sucking at life though? That is the question.
>>
I don't like most recent games.

I don't know if it's that I grew up or they became shit, but it's probably just both.
>>
I don't know how /sci/ could have tested the aptitude of every /g/ poster to come to such a conclusion.

Also, /vidya/ shit doesn't belong here and paying 50% more for 5% more performance is retarded, especially if you're going to buy into the next upgrade cycle.
>>
>>53317779
I don't give a fuck about your "rig"

I don't give a fuck about your speccy screenshot

I don't give a fuck about whether you prefer AMD or Nvidia

I don't give a fuck about whether you prefer AMD or Intel

I don't give a fuck about what product Apple is coming out with that you don't like

I don't give a fuck about what OS you prefer to use

I don't give a fuck about what OS you don't like to use

I don't give a fuck about how many frames you get in X game

I don't give a fuck about your boring mechanical keyboard

I don't give a fuck about your boring gaming mouse

I don't give a fuck about your next boring mid-range upgrade

I don't give a fuck about who's on suicide watch

I don't give a fuck about your PCpartpicker link

I don't give a fuck about which VR headset you want to buy

I don't give a fuck about X vs Y for shitty game Z

I don't give a fuck about what "master race" you're a part of

I'm okay with games, but

I
don't
give
a
fuck
about
your
shitty
blog
>>
File: 888.jpg (40 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
888.jpg
40 KB, 500x534
>>53318133
>>
File: ya_blew_it.gif (22 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
ya_blew_it.gif
22 KB, 223x200
>>53318157
>"I don't give a shit"
>Replies with a bible
>>
>>53318157
lol nigger
>>
>>53318144
>I don't know how /sci/ could have tested the aptitude of every /g/ poster to come to such a conclusion.
Beautiful! /sci/ confirmed for snake oil salesmen.
>>
>>53318177
deviantard tier answer
>>
>>53318157
preach it brother
>>
>>53317779
>create mind uploading

so, that would make DARPA stupid, since they did this last week?

also hackers love games, its all these elitist faggots who are being contrain.
>>
>>53318157
taking into account everything you said, the only logical conclusion is that you're a macfag; the only one that fits
>>
>>53318200
>deviantard tier answer
what
>>
>>53317779
I would argue that a lot of people on here don't like games because of what >>53318157 said and because they don't have a group of friends to play them with.

Games like CS:GO are insanely fun with a group but are significantly less fun to play by yourself. Same story for MOBAs, MMORPGers, etc.
>>
>>53318159
I thought that, but then I went and played some old games I had missed when they came out, and I liked them just as much as I used to like games.
So I think it's just games these days are bad.
>>
>>53318222
reddit tier question
>>
>>53318211
No, they didn't. DARPA read some data from an electrode array inside of a stent. They did not achieve 'mind uploading' in the transhumanist sense of migrating an entire functioning consciousness into a non-biological substrate.
>>
>>53318177
>a "bible"
Why do gamertards have such tiny attention spans? Can't turn yourself away from your shitty reposts and ruse legend wannabe threads long enough to read roughly a paragraph and a half of text, even when it's formatted into a neat little unordered listicle for your convenience?

>>53318219
You'd think Reddiquette would condition you guys to try harder.
>>
>>53317779
No. I do play and while I wouldn't say I'm good, I'm good enough to enjoy it.
We hate gamers here because the majority don't really know shit about computers but talk about it like they're geniuses because they can build a PC or programmed a minecraft bot, and it's annoying to argue with them. Basically it's the equivalent of some faggot who learns how to change his car's oil then suddenly thinks he's an automotive engineer who can work at Lamborghini. Now that's not to imply that /g/entoomen are much smarter, they're just simultaneously stupider and less aware of it, which as you can imagine makes them frustrating to deal with.
>>
>>53318325
Back to reddlt with you
>>
File: 1433235246264.jpg (42 KB, 1022x365) Image search: [Google]
1433235246264.jpg
42 KB, 1022x365
>>53318260
>So I think it's just games these days are bad.

Because modern games are aim at people with gambling problems but if they win, it doesn't cost the house a dime.
>>
>>53318300
so i'm supposed to believe they were throwing the word 'brain modem' out of their asses?

you can already control a phone with thoughts with electrodes and learning algorithm, its on youtube. DARPA wern't saying thats what they did. they said they have a brain modem.
>>
>>53318325
I wonder if you really got triggered or just want some (You)s
>>
>>53318425
Fuck, now I'm hungry.
Time to get a cheese burger.
>>
>>53318260
>>53318425
I'm pretty sure that you just haven't played enough games.
>>
>>53318434
> so i'm supposed to believe they were throwing the word 'brain modem' out of their asses?

No, of course not. But a brain modem isn't mind uploading. You said DARPA did mind uploading.

> you can already control a phone with thoughts with electrodes and learning algorithm, its on youtube

Right, this is called a neuroprosthetic, and yes, it is an exciting technology.

> DARPA wern't saying thats what they did. they said they have a brain modem.

They have the first step of making a brain modem, which a permanent, two-way brain-computer interface. I'm not un-impressed with DARPA's work (In fact, I very desperately want a 'brain modem'), I'm just saying that it isn't anything close to mind-uploading.
>>
File: (68).jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
(68).jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>master videogames
>>
I just don't give a fuck about people that try to define themselves through the shit they own or do.

Admittedly this is almost everyone
>>
>>53318478
Modern games maybe, perhaps I just haven't properly moved from maintstream games to indie, but I just got so bored of mainstream games a while ago, I went from beating a new game every week or so, to just having to force myself through new games, to no longer playing most games.

I also simultaneously went to college, and started my job, so had a lot less time to "waste" with something I was no longer enjoying.

I still find the occasional modern game I enjoy, but most of them I just get bored of fast, even highly rated ones.

Older games, even ones that I didn't play back then, I still enjoy a lot.

I don't think it's selection bias either, of only the old good games surviving, as I when I do try a modern game, I'm also only picking the best game of recent, not just the current hot game of the week.
>>
>>53317972
well if you truely are good at a game you can stream it and make enough to buy a house or two once you get popular and sell out
>>
>>53318388
Funny, I hate CS majors for the same exact reason.
>>
>>53318159
kids today are stupid
>>
File: 1454450583800.png (862 KB, 1406x1568) Image search: [Google]
1454450583800.png
862 KB, 1406x1568
>>53317779
>Is all the vidya hate on here because you suck at them?
What the fuck?
This is /g/ - Technology, vidya is on /v/, /vg/, /vr/. Most gaymers are tech illiterate (no, building your epik gaystation does not count) and they only make shit threads (pic related) and generally are stupid cunts. That is the real reason we hate them
>>
>>53317779
>>>/sci/7908060
Samefag.
>>
if your earn your shekels off of it it's fine by me

otherwise you are an autistic manchild
>>
>>53317908
Who said strategy games must be slow. Starcraft or Age of Empires 3 are not slow.

And Mobas are actually an offshot of RTS games, a simplified form of RTS.
>>
File: dalai-lama-humanity-surprise.jpg (47 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
dalai-lama-humanity-surprise.jpg
47 KB, 700x350
>>53319937
>>
>>53319645
>That picture
How low /g/ has fallen
>>
>>53319645
>8 windows 10 threads
WTF? the shilling... so stronk!
>>
File: 1453302717363.png (67 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1453302717363.png
67 KB, 616x596
>>53317779
>>that read Wikipedia articles on math/cs topics and know OF advanced material but don't actually understand shit. They're constantly spewing incorrect stuff like "RSA is unbreakable because it's NP-complete", "Godel incompleteness theorem means you can't know nothing", and "quantum computers are going to revolutionize computing because it's trinary logic and we're going to need to replace our binary based programming languages"
>>
>>53321271
To close to home?
>>
>>53321416
far, far too close
>>
>>53317779
People that get into uni are 18+, thus typically not children, thus not enjoying video games.

Daily reminder that if you're 18+ and still playing videogames you're eligible for voluntary euthanization in the Netherlands.
>>
>>53321436
The median gamer age is early 30s.
>>
>>53321461
>age 30
Not mentally.
>>
Just enrolled in CS for fall. I play video games, but am not competitive. Hopefully I don't make a mistake with CS.
>>
>>53321475
True, they tend to be more worldly and mature by that age.
>>
>>53321509
>Hopefully I don't make a mistake with CS

If you're looking to learn things, you have.
>>
>>53317779
no, it's because you dipshits make trash threads full of unfunny reposted memes about cheap consumer garbage and trendy facebook trinkets

I come to /g/ to discuss my love of technology with other people who share it, not ogle your limp-dick single socket haswell shitbox and be your personal fucking tech support/r/4chan screencap fodder
>>
>>53321475
What is it like hating all fun?
>>
>>53317779
>Is all the vidya hate on here because you suck at them?
Because this isn't the place for /v/ideogames, there's already a board for that. Some people can actually differentiate.
>>
>>53321436
>>53321475

You can say the same for those 18 year olds. They're still kids in the eyes of society, or else why all the fucking handholding in universities and colleges?
>>
>I don't play video games because they're for children and I'm a mature adult
>but I watch anime and own figurines and rice my desktop to show my love for my favorite waifu, who I've collected over a thousand images of and masturbate to multiple times every day
/g/
>>
>>53321435
literally cancer
>>
>>53319645
No this is /g/ames and technology
Fuck off freetard.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.