[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what will Microsoft do, if, despite all their efforts, Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: WINDOWS-10-wallpaper.jpg (56 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WINDOWS-10-wallpaper.jpg
56 KB, 1920x1080
So what will Microsoft do, if, despite all their efforts, Windows 10 doesn't catch on?
>>
Give up
>>
>>53293074
It'll catch on, the US government is moving to W10 and in a few years every other version of Windows will not be supported unless you pay them huge amounts for exclusive contracts.

Hardware makers are already dropping support for W7, like Skylake not supporting EHCI.
>>
>>53293109
Just like Vista caught on, right?
>>
windows 10 is a...
>>
>>53293109

Yeah, I'm sure that serious business environments are gonna fucking LOVE it when their computers all reboot at the same time forcefully to install updates for literal hours in the middle of their work.

Yup, I can totally see it.
>>
>>53293137
fart lol what's ltsb? Hey guys did u know micro$hit spys on u??
>>
>>53293159
>ltsb
is that a new gender or something?
>>
I like Windows 10.
I like it because it made Win 7 keys plummet.
>>
>>53293137
Will 2016 be the year of the Linux Workstation?
>>
>>53293202
Tone down the samefagging a bit, the thread is still low on replies and you don't have a new IP tag. I'm sorry my post made you get mad as fuck, but really, help me help you.
>>
>>53293074
Spread fud, patent troll, and hire paid shills.
>Like now, only worse.
>>
They will move to linux
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2941892
>>
>>53293137
Are you fucking stupid? Enterprise and LTSB branches for serious businesses can turn off updates all together, hell, my PRO version can defer updates or turn them off.

Fucking stupid retards parroting shit they don't understand.
>>
>>53293268
Welcome to /g/
>>
>>53293268
>Fucking stupid retards parroting shit they don't understand
Hello newfriend
>>
>>53293074
Something will replace it.
8.1 will get more popular soon.

I doubt that 10 wont catch up, normal people will use it because it comes preinstalled n normal computers/laptops and tablets.
Also the forces hardware compatibility attempts with skylake.
AMD and Broadwell will get more popular soon.
>>
>>53293366
again, that was also true with Vista.
>>
I love Windows 10.
Most up-to-date features and it's fucking free,not a single crash since installing it.
Are muh privacy faggots still mad at this OS?
Want privacy? You really want it? Get off the internet.
>>
>>53293392
I don't remember vista being forced in prebuilts.
>>
Give away Forza 6 for their main target audience for free
>>
>>53293512
kek, you sound like a middle aged woman with nothing left to live for
>>
Their phone bussiness is of more concern, literally dead
>>
>>53293619
it was DOA
>>
>>53293614
>kek, you sound like a middle aged woman with nothing left to live for
Explain,I have nothing to live for because I do not walk around with a tinfoil hat all day?
>>
>>53293512

>Want privacy? You really want it? Get off the internet.

Why so many people actually use this not in ironic way?

This bugs me. Or goes with "I love Win10, I dont like how it started to download and install updates when I was doing something important eysterday but it is such great OS!".
>>
>>53293614

And you sound like a middle aged manchild with nothing lett to live for instead of pretending anyone besides his mom gives 2 shits about him or what he does on his computer.
>>
>>53293637
nah mate, you just don't give a fuck about the world around you and are dead weight now to the rest of us
>>
File: 1353260934268.jpg (5 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
1353260934268.jpg
5 KB, 140x140
>>53293647
>>
>>53293654
>nah mate, you just don't give a fuck about the world around you and are dead weight now to the rest of us
Me not caring about telemetry makes me dead to the world,it's just not a very important thing to be worried about.
Well not important enough to bitch and complain about it on an imageboard.
>>
>>53293672
Fuck off to Reddit.
>>
>>53293121
Masterpiece
>>
Nothing because it's more of a chore for normal people -not- to upgrade to it.

It will catch on because they are forcing it down everyone's throats and releasing all their data collecting jizz.
>>
>>53293116
>Just like Vista caught on, right?

Vista can't be that bad if GNU/Linux only just managed to pass it in desktop marketshare by 0.02%/
>>
>>53293974
in botnet development
>>
>>53293137
You clearly have no idea how enterprise Windows environments work at all. Workstations do not receive updates directly from Microsoft, but rather a company server receives updates and an administrator pushes the updates of his choice to the machines, or depending on the size of the network, he'll push them to other servers which will repeat the process.
>>
>>53293074
it's already catching on. forget windows and forget the 98%.

if you want to be a self respecting user with agency you'll have to deal with being an outlier
>>
>>53293512
Oooh, you wanna not die of diseases? Get of the fucking planet.
>>
>>53293074
Redstone will be superior, just wait for it. I'm thinking 10 is just a test, its not like MS haven't done this before.
>>
>>53293970
kek, top quality rebuttal m8
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.