[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 year old bugs Why Linux have to be this way.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1456868174883.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1456868174883.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
>2 year old bugs

Why Linux have to be this way.
>>
Why don't you fix it yourself?

fucking freetard commie
>>
They're usually two years old because there are alternatives.

Yes I took the bait.
>>
>>53284818
>Why don't you fix it yourself?
Because nobody has the time to figure out a gigantic existing codebase with all its intricacies, designs, practices, side-effects and expectations of specific bits of code, whether some code just works because of defaults that become invalid when you change other stuff, etc

If it was this easy, being a programmer wouldn't be a job, anon, it'd just be a basic skill even your grandma would have.
>>
>>53284956
>being a useless CRUD codemonkey

Your're literally at the bottom rung of the developer hierarchy.
A poo in loo could do what you do and your kind are regularly replaced by cheap labor from india.
>>
>>53284978
And you're literally at the top of the universe cause you're so high up on your fucking horse with your big head

I swear man fucking /g/ neets and their e-peen and self-illusioning ego.

Do you learn the intricacies and quantum physics of light and color when some girl asks if the red or blue dress looks better? Cause that was really my point: nobody wants to invest a shitload of time, work, experimentation, potential future breakage, etc to fix one stupid little niggly shit problem when there are other people who already have the necessary inside experience on the project. It's fucking counterproductive to do it yourself at that point.

And also you don't know shit about what my job is or what I do, you hallucinating fuck.
>>
>>53285039
Hello neet.
>>
>>53284793
The NT kernel in the days of Vista had bugs that persisted since the creation of the kernel itself. Hell, there's still DOS legacy code in Windows. Try to name a your folder 'aux'.
>>
>>53284956
What is debugging?
>>53284978
This
>>
File: raadt.png (114 KB, 347x260) Image search: [Google]
raadt.png
114 KB, 347x260
>>53284793

Because the Linux development process is shit, anon.
>>
>>53284818

There's no way, Linux is very poorly documented.
>>
>>53284793
Examples?
>>
>No file picker with thumbnails
>Linux

hahahaha
>>
>>53285507
But it's OPEN SORES so everyone can find and fix bugs in it! That's what makes it so great!
>>
>>53285586

Just because it's open source doesn't mean it's well developed.
>>
don't they find 10 year old Internet explorer bugs that go all the way back to IE6 every so often.
>>
>>53285295
>Try to name a your folder 'aux'.
md \\.\c:\aux
>>
>>53284818
>please get in touch with mailing list before doing anything
>please follow the code submission guidelines written in 1980
>please make a patch in this weird format
>no we don't use git
>rejected because you misspelled a word
>>
>>53285572
YAWN
>>
>>53284793
What bug?
>>53285771
What file manager/DE/Icon theme?
>>53285572
Said the tech illiterate winchild
>>
>>53284821
This is literally why libressl was created, and coincidentally not effected. Heartbleed was a fucking disaster. If people needed more of a reason to stop using openssl, they deserve this.
>>
>>53285624
Pretty much this is how the nsa gets you.
>make it open source so people trust and use it
>badly written code and documentation makes it impossible to actually find anything that shouldn't belong.

Security through obscurity is the only real security.
MenuetOS master race!
>>
>>53285771
that is the regular file explorer NOT the file CHOOSER you autistic retard
>>
>>53285960
It's been patched (:
>>
>>53285960
>not installing the patch.
>>
>>53285698
>linux
>doesn't use git
>a program created to track linux versions
>retard

kek
>>
>>53285921
>Security through obscurity
>open source
>godihopehesb8ing.gif

You do know what open source is don't you?
How much ARE they paying you to shill again?
>>
>>53286214
Your and idiot
>>
Just ask Linus to fix it
>>
>>53286286
Never knew Linus could program. I thought he just assembled and dissembled $30, 000 computers on YouTube
>>
>>53284956
How can you expect anyone else to fix it if you won't
>>
>31 posts in
>OP is yet to mention what the bug is
Is it a meme thread?
>>
>>53286325
Yes
>>
>>53286305
You build computers, not assemble them.
>>
>>53286445

>assemble
>fit together the separate component parts of (a machine or other object)
>"a factory that assembled parts for trucks"
>synonyms: construct, build

kill yourself
>>
>>53286305
0/10
>>
>>53286258
it's you're nigga
>>
>>53286305
Linus Torvalds wrote Linux retard

>>>/v/
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.